Lets Talk

(Dan POV)

"I can't move." She whispered, scrunching her nose, crying. "It hurts too much."

My heart dropped as tears filled my eyes. I hated seeing her like this, it hurts too much. But it hurt her more. "I know." I whispered back, petting her hair, letting a tear escape.

She sniffed, trying to clean up her tears. "It's okay." I told her. "You're going to be okay."

"It's hard to believe that." She mumbles, her hands shaking as she puts them on her stomach instead of at her sides.

"I know." I whisper, sniffling, putting her head in my lap as I continued to stroke her hair. "You get pain killers tomorrow, it'll be okay."

She nods, trying not to show how much it actually hurts. And my heart broke for the millionth time that day, and it wasn't getting any better.

"I don't want to go home." She says, and I'm glad she's talking to me. "To my flat."

"Because your dad's there?" I ask, sniffling.

She nods, and I wipe her last tear away with my thumb, feeling her soft cheek beneath it. "I'd wish he'd go away."

"He just want to make sure you're okay." I tell her.

She nods again. "Doesn't mean we won't fight or he won't scold me."

I continue stroking her hair. "Just stay here. Tell him it hurts too much to move. You wouldn't be lying. And we both know he won't come here."

Y/N's dad and Matt were staying at her flat for another two days before they go back home.

"Yeah." She whispers, sighing.

I lean down and kiss her forehead. "I love you so much."

She looks up at me and smiled softly. I haven't seen her smile since after the surgery, and it makes me smile. "I love you more."

~~~
(Your POV)

You were finally strong enough to hold things, like your phone. So, you're staring at it, scrolling through your Instagram feed and realize you should probably tell everyone what happened.

But when you go to your tagged photos, you think otherwise. There was almost a million pictures of you in the hospital that people have reposted, telling you to get better soon, and that they hope you're okay, and to pray for you.

The first photo was on Phil's account and it started the spam. It was you and Dan, laying in your bed, asleep on one another's shoulders. The caption read; #(ship name) making the most Y/N's taxi accident. Pray for my bestie!

You laughed. Ah, yes, besties.

You hugged Phil when he came into the room to tell you Matt was here to say goodbye.

He said no problem, and was happy the spam prayers worked, that had helped to get you better.

~Da time skip, brought to you by dat google feud vid~

You could walk now, although it hurt a bit to go up and down the stairs, you were finally on your feet. Dan wanted to have a date at 'our coffee shop' and you agreed.

You sat at your usual table, ordered what you always ordered and talked. He began with talking about your accident.

"I don't know what I would have done if you passed in that accident." He whispered and took a sip of his drink, trying to push the thought away.

"What about the taxi driver?" You mumbled.

"What about him?" Dan asks, suddenly confused at the random question.

"Matt wouldn't tell me what happened to him. Is he okay? Did he live?"

"Y/N..."

"So he's dead?" You could feel tears build up in your eyes.

Dan nodded. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

You nodded, wiping a tear that had escaped, away. "Me too."

Another tear had fallen and Dan wiping it away with his thumb. He rested his soft hand on your warm cheek. "Don't cry."

"Craft." You sniffled, cracking a smile.

Dan laughed with a wide grin. "Your such a dork."

"But I'm your dork."

He blushed, rubbing his thumb against your cheek again, staring at your face in deep thought. "So, why did you want to know?" He asked, retracting his arm back to his side.

You shrugged. "He was person too. Probably with a family that cares about him. I just wonder sometimes... Why me? How is it that I survived? Of all people. I'm just me. I don't see why I lived but he didn't get to." Tears were swimming in your eyes again but you wouldn't let them fall.

"Aw, Y/N. You deserve to live. You make so many people happy... me included. Everyone's got a place in this world. Clearly, you've still got to make your impact on it."

Dan moved to sit right next to you, wrapping his arms around you. "How is that you're so good at this stuff?" You ask, resting your head on his shoulder.

"What stuff?"

"Talking. Comforting. I've never met anyone like you. And that's a good thing." You clarified and looked into his eyes. "I love you."

He smiled lightly, placing a soft kiss on your lips. "I love you too."

You sat there in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company. You looked out the window in deep thought. "You know, the only reason why we got into this mess was because I wouldn't talk to you." You thought aloud.

"What?" Dan asks, looking down at you.

"If I wasn't so scared to talk to you, I would have never left and would have never gotten in that stupid accident."

Dan loosened his grip you to look at your face. "No, don't blame this is on yourself Y/N, I shouldn't have pushed you like I did."

"No, Dan, it wasn't your fault either. You should push me. I need to learn that I can talk to you. And I'll work on that... Promise." You tell him, staring into his deep brown eyes.

In seconds a bright smile spreads across his face and he hugs you tightly. You laugh and hug him back. "I think that's the best thing you've said. Ever." He mumbles into your ear.

"What about 'I love you'?" You ask, a cheeky smirk playing on your lips.

"Besides that." Dan laughed, giving you a tight squeeze before letting go.

You smile, taking a sip your drink. "Hey, Y/N?" Dan asks, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Yes, Daniel?"

He holds his phone camera up at you. "Say five things that rhyme with your eye color in seven seconds, go!"

~~~
Awww, that was cute. i wanna thank you all for reading, love each and everyone of y'all, comment what your favorite song is(thought I'd try something new to get to know y'all)! Thanks,

~Hazel