The Memorial

"Dad stop yelling at me, we're on the plane and she's right here and is perfectly fine." Matt said into his phone, holding his head from an oncoming migraine.

You looked over at Dan who was across the aisle from you and Matt, Phil sitting next to him, near the window. You took a deep breath, shoving in headphones, waiting for Matt to be done talking to your dad.

Dan taps you on your shoulder. You look over at him to see he's got earbuds in too. He shows you his screen and it reads Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy. You blush and Dan mouths alongs to the words, which makes you laugh.

Matt then put his phone on the tray in front of him, covering his face in his hands. "He's freaking out, isn't he?" You asked, removing one earbud.

"Oh yeah." Matt nodded, like it was obvious. Which, it was. "He asked about you."

"Great..."

"He's worried."

"Great..."

"Y/N..."

"I don't want to talk about it." And you shoved your earbud back in. You wanted to be close with your dad... You really did. But every time you tried, you'd screw up and you'd end up fighting all over again. It was better if you just stayed out of eachother's hair.

Matt looked out the window and you opened up your laptop.

You ok?
-Dan

Fine. U?
-Y/N

Phil's getting pudding everywhere
-Dan

You looked over at Phil who was, in fact, making a chocolate mess of pudding. Dan looked up at you and chuckled. You laughed, looking down at your phone.

Good luck
-Y/N

Thanks, I'll need it
-Dan

~One plane ride to L.A. later(again)~

During the four days you'd be in the L.A. you would stay at your childhood home with the rest of your family.

You said Dan and Phil could stay with you-sleep in your room because there was no extra rooms considering ten people lived there- instead of getting a cheap, crappy hotel. They agreed.

You worked your way towards the front door, dragging your suitcase behind you. "Okay," You said, turning towards Dan and Phil.

"There are ten people living in this house. It's gonna be nuts. I'd advise hiding in my room, like I do. At dinner, they expect all of us to eat together, and they will ask you questions about everything and anything. Just as a warning. And if grandma grabs your butt, quickly get out of the room. Got it?" You explained, giving them a thumbs up.

"You're sure you're not forgetting anything? Is there a prostitute we should look for too?" Dan joked.

"You joke now, Howell, but just you wait." You gave him a stern look.

"No, but she's serious, guys." Matt tells them. Dan and Phil exchange a worried look. "Are you sure you don't want to stay at a hotel?"

Dan and phil looked at each other again. "Nah..."

"We'll survive." Phil says, wrapping his hand tighter around his suitcase.

You all go up to the door and ring the bell. You take a deep breath, and you're all on top of your game, waiting for the terrors inside the home.

And then the door opens.

You're all pulled inside, your bags taken from your hands by your grandpa and uncle. Everyone's all talking at once and you don't know anything that's going on.