Date Night Part 1

Warning: Slight panic attack/anxiety

(Your POV)
As soon as you walked up to the building, already you began to feel uncomfortable. You gripped Dan's hand harder and he gave you a reassuring squeeze.

You took a deep breath, eyeing the building up and down, looking into the front that was just glass. You laughed lightly. "Phil would like that."

Dan turned his head to look at what you were pointing at, he began laughing too. "He'd freakin freak the fuck out if he saw that."

You smiled, still staring at the windows as Dan pulled you inside. You could obviously tell this was a fancy restaurant; the walls looked as if they were made of gold.

All of that fancy, expensive shit was just so cheesy to you, you almost laughed out loud.

"Reservations?" An older man, wearing a clean black suit, asked you, pursing his lips.

"Oh- yeah." Dan nodded. "It's under Howell."

The man glanced down at the list he was holding and nodded. "This way, Mr. and Mrs. Howell."

Dan linked arms with you, smiling softly, a blush creeping over his face.

"Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?" You joked, whispering to Dan as you both followed the man. He chuckled, looking down at you.

You softly smiled back. "You good?" He asked, lightly.

You nodded. "I'm good." You whispered, turning your attention back to the man who you were following.

You walked into the room with the glass wall and the man seated you at a window seat in the corner booth.

"Thank you." Dan said to the man as you sat on opposite sides of each other.

The man nodded before walking away.

You took a deep breath, sliding off your coat. "This place... wow." You said, glancing around the room.

The lights were dimmed, the floor was a blood red carpeting and you really started to think the walls were actually made of gold.

"Yeah," Dan agreed, looking around, smiling.

"How'd you even find this place?" You ask, looking back at him.

"We went here for Louise's birthday once." He informed you.

You looked out the foggy window, sighing. With your finger you drew a heart shape on the window and left it there.

You looked at Dan who was already staring at you with a smirk. "I, uh-"

Dan was cut off by the waiter who had just walked up to your booth. She was a small girl with long brown hair, tied back into a high ponytail. She was wearing a white button up shirt with a black bow tie, a cloth draping over the arm she held a notebook in.

"Hello, I'm Alyssa, I'll be your waiter tonight. What can I get you to drink?" She looked in your direction and you quickly put your head down and stared at your lap.

You could feel your face redden and the anxiety in your stomach building up higher and higher. It swooshed around, causing your hands to shake slightly.

"Uh-" Dan looked away from you to Alyssa. "We'll have water." He said, quickly.

"Alright." She said with a small smile, walking away.

You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath, too scared and embarrassed to look up at Dan. This fear was stupid and childish, but it felt all too real.