Nightmares

It was one a.m. and you still haven't left Dan and Phil's. Tyler left awhile ago, he was meeting up with a different youtuber for a collab. "Okay." Phil finally announced. "I'm going to bed."

"Y/N?" Dan asked.

"Yeah?"

"It's past your bedtime." He smiled.

"I'm scared." You confessed. "It's dark and lonely in my apartment and my fridge is always mocking me."

Dan smiled, trying to hold back a laugh. "I told you two not to play that game."

"Okay, mum." Phil said, rubbing his eyes. "Do you want to stay the night, Y/N? You can sleep with Dan." Phil winked.

You looked over at Dan with pleading eyes. "Okay." He gave in, even though it didn't take much convincing.

Phil went to his room and you and Dan went to his. "Shit." You swore once he shut the door.

"What?"

"I don't have clothes."

Dan shrugged. "Just borrow mine." He went through his dresser, pulled out a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants and handed them to you.

"Turn around." You told Dan, pointing your finger at him.

He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Dan."

"Alright, alright." He slowly turned around and waited.

"Okay."

He smiled, turning around, grabbing your waist and pulling you in close to him. "Those clothes are huge on you." He whispered in your ear.

"Your huge."

"And you're not." He kissed you.

He pulled away and you looked at his bed. "What side do you call dibs?"

"Call dibs?" He laughed at you.

"What else do you want to call it?"

"You go left."

"Then you go right."

You both got under the covers after Dan changed his pants(he doesn't sleep with a shirt on). He wrapped his arm around your waist and held you close.

"Dan?"

"Y/N?"

"May I borrow headphones?"

"What for?"

"I can't sleep without music." You told him, softly.

He reached over to his nightstand, grabbed his headphones and handed them to you. "Thank you, Daniel." You gave him a quick kiss, putting the headphones in.

You turned the volume down so Dan couldn't hear. Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy filled your ears. You blushed, smiling to yourself  and rested your head on Dan's shoulder.

(Dan's POV)
Y/N rested her head on my shoulder. I could softly hear the music coming from her headphones. Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy was playing. I smiled, holding her tight, never wanting to let go.

~Time Skip through sleep, brought to you by Pete Wentz~

It was three a.m. when a flashing light woke me up. I looked down at Y/N who was fast asleep. Her phone was on, music still playing.

I carefully took the headphones out of her ears. I looked down at her phone(I wasn't snooping, it was already on because she had a notification) and there was a text from her dad.

A pretty urgent one too. I didn't want to wake her up but... what if it was something really important. Wouldn't her father know it's only three a.m. here?

Y/N, it's your dad. I need you to come home, I'll pay for the plane ride, just call me ASAP
-Dad

I nudged Y/N's shoulder. "Y/N." I whisper. She didn't budge.

I shook her harder. "Y/N." I said firmly.

(Your POV)
The room was dark. Too dark. I was hiding out in the closet, too afraid to move. The room was small. Too small.

I decided to stop being so chicken and just get out of the stupid closet. I was being paranoid; There's no such thing as ghosts. I shouldn't have played that stupid video game with Phil.

I slowly reach for the door knob, anxiety building up in my stomach. I slowly opened the door, closing my eyes.

The door was fully open and I took a step out and opened my eyes. I screamed at the pale woman standing before me.

She wore a white nightgown, splattered in blood. Her dark black hair was crazy knotted, sticky with dry blood. There was a deep, red scar around her neck and a rope hanging from the ceiling fan.

SHE WAS FUCKING GLOWING.

"Y/N." She said my name in a hoarse tone.

"H-how-" I tried to speak but she ran up to me and began to shake me back and forth.

"Y/N."

~~~

You quickly sat up, hyperventilating. You were sweating like crazy and you could still hear the woman's voice in your head.

You hid your face in your hands. Dan was already awake. He was sitting up, hand on your shoulder. "Y/N? Are you okay?"

You could feel hot tears fighting against your closed eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He said, softly.

You rubbed your face and looked up at him. A single tear escaped your right eye and fell down your cheek. "Y/N?? What happened??"

You shook your head, wiping your tear with the back of your hand. Dan wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into him.

He held you tight and you buried your face in his chest.

(Dan POV)
She buried her face into my chest. I rubbed her hair, her back, and kissed her forehead.

Maybe I shouldn't have woken her up...

I was leaning against the headboard of the bed, still holding Y/N who was now sitting in my lap. She wrapped her arms around my waist, head resting on my chest and we sat there in silence.

She stopped crying(even though she wasn't actually crying, there was just those first tears and it was over) and I finally worked up the courage to say something. "Are you okay?"

She nodded. "Want to talk about it?" I asked, hesitantly. I remembered one of her videos on youtube- It was about things she hated. Number three, she hated talking about her feelings.

"I shouldn't have played that stupid video game." She whispered.

I laughed(Okay, don't judge, it was kinda funny and I was right). "I told you."

"I know." She said looking up at me, smiling and sniffling. "Shut up."

I handed Y/N her phone. She clicked it on and saw the text from her dad. She sat up, holding the phone close to her face.

"I... I have to go call my dad." She said, never taking her eyes off her phone as she left the room.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!!!!! Very dramatic that was. Was that a cliff hanger? Guess so. Sorry. Ha... (non of you probs care) but in school we're writing essays and my 'editing' partner told me I was too descriptive. WAT?! Yeah, whatever, sorry I just had to get that out of the way. Alrighty, then. Thanks your reading! Love y'all!

~Hazel