I Have To Protect You

There isn't much the police could do. He was spotted and seen everywhere, but no one was able to catch him.

He's always two steps ahead of everyone else.

It's been a long time since that day he'd shown up at your house but, you knew he hasn't given up. But you can't give up either. So, when Dan asks you to go to 'Our Coffee Shop' with him, you don't turn him down.

"Sure, Dan." You give him a small smile. "We can go get warm beverages and talk about our feelings."

"Aye, no chick flick moments." He pointed his finger at you and you laughed.

"Shut up and let's go, I need caffeine."

This wasn't your first time leaving the house(only because Dan, Phil and F/N made you or else they would send you to a therapist and you're not going to one because each time you've gone, you had such horrible experiences)(or I just don't want to write about that)but you still get butterflies in your stomach and you're cautious of everything.

Hand in hand, just as always, you and Dan walk to the coffee shop. You swear to god, it's like your second home. You've gone there so much, you know the owner and everyone who works there.

Yet, you never call the place by its actual name. To you and Dan it's 'Our Coffee Shop' because that's just how important it is to you.

You sit at your normal table that is always ready for you. They know us too well.

"I'll go tell Brandy(the cashier) we're here." Dan says to you before wandering away. You don't even have to tell her your orders, she already knows.

This makes you happy.

It might sound quite sad to some people, being a coffee shop and coming here everyday, but you don't care. You love it.

Dan comes back, sets your drink in front of you(because apparently Brandy saw you walk in and made yours right away), before he runs off to pee.

"I'll be back I have to pee!" Dan practically squeals.

You laugh at him as he jumps up and down. "I told you to go before we left!"

"Yeah, but I didn't have to go at the time!(relatable)Be right back!" And he runs in the other direction as you continue to laugh at him.

You take a deep breath, wrapping your hand around the warm cup before taking a sip. You stare down at your phone to avoid awkward stares from other customers.

As you're scrolling through Tumblr, someone approaches you. You think it's Dan so you don't look up.

Yet, he doesn't sit.

He makes a soft coughing noise, which you have to acknowledge, so you glance up at him. And then again... It's not Dan.

You gasp, scooting back your chair as fast as you could, almost knocking the chair down, as you jump to your feet.

Brain. *cringe*

He is standing before you, staring down at you, that same stupid smile on his face. But, you don't run. You don't scream. You just stare at him, your heart racing.

You grasp the table for support as your knees buckle and you begin to shake.

You're not going to be scared anymore.

Your sick and tired of being sad and scared for your life. You have to face your fear. Even if it leads to consciences.

"Y/N." His voice is same as always. Deep and raspy. He takes a dramatic pause and you almost roll your eyes.