5: Kanan and Ezra

This idea is from SWRgirl .
This is between season 2 and 3
ENJOY!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Kanan's P.O.V

I was meditating where I usually do in the base. I haven't seen much of anyone since me and Ezra returned to the base with no Ahsoka and my sight taken. I never went on missions which meant I barely get to talk with the crew.

I sighed as I hear footsteps come up behind me. "Long time, no see," I say and Hera sits next to me with sorrow flowing off of her. "I wish it wasn't so literal," she muttered. "What's wrong?" I asked worried. "We really miss you...." she paused before continuing, "....especially Ezra." That got my attention, "How is he?" I asked.

"You try asking him," she said, "Cause he won't talk to us." I could hear her get up and walk away. What happened to Ezra? I had to know so I stood up and held my hand out so I wouldn't run into anything. I made it to the Ghost with no trouble and since I knew the Ghost by heart, I knew where to go.

"Kanan?" I heard Sabine's voice. "Hi Sabine-" I grunted when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. "It's good to see you," she said. I could tell she didn't notice what she said was a bit offensive since I'm blind and all. Yet, I didn't want to ruin the moment so I hugged her back. I was also a bit surprised coming from the artist who rarely lets out her emotions.

Sabine let go and I felt her worry start to spread. "You should probably go talk with Ezra," she said and walked off, "also, goodnight." How long was I meditating for? It was already night time? Time flies when your meditating I guess. The halls were quiet but before I encountered Ezra, I went to my room.

   I grabbed my lightsaber but the thing was that it wasn't mine but my master's lightsaber. My lightsaber was in the secret compartment. I opened the compartment and placed my master's lightsaber in with mine, then closed it. I missed his master dearly. Then that's when it hit me, Ezra probably misses me.

I face palmed feeling stupid. What kind of master am I that just left his padawan like that? I needed to make it up to Ezra but first, I need to make things right again. I quietly walked to Ezra's and Zeb's room but I didn't hear Zeb's abnormal snoring inside the room but somewhere else in the Ghost.

   Ezra probably locked him out and wanted to be alone. I knocked on the door quietly so only Ezra could hear me and I asked, "Ezra, are you awake?" I sighed when there was no reply and was about to leave when I heard a sniff. I stopped in my tracks then put my ear next to the door to hear some more sniffling. "Ezra....are you ok?" I asked.

Still, there was no reply. I sat down and laid my back against the door and pulled my legs up to my chest. Little did I know that Ezra was doing the same thing.

Third Person's P.O.V

   There was an awkward silence between the two Jedi. Then Kanan decided to end the tension between the both of them. "I remember when you joined the crew..." He started, "I remember when we would train or argue over the silliest things and the serious ones too." Ezra listened to Kanan talk, Kanan's voice soothed him in the toughest times.

   "I remember when you and Zeb stole that tie-fighter and in the end, it came in use to save me," he said and Ezra smiled a bit at that memory. He looked around the empty room and felt bad for locking Zeb out. "I remember you made me proud that day you earned your Kyber Crystal," Kanan said.

   Ezra frowned when he remembered that his lightsaber was destroyed by the Sith. "Then you built a lightsaber and it broke but you didn't stop," Kanan said getting Ezra's attention. "I remember when I had to hold you in my arms the whole ride back from that Sith temple," he said and Ezra started to silently let tears run down his cheeks in memory of what he had done.

   "Ezra, you don't know this but, I'm still proud of you," he said, "I never blamed you for what happened now you need to forgive yourself."

Ezra's P.O.V

   I looked up at the lock button and slowly reached out for it but stopped. Then I put my hand back in its place and continued to listen to Kanan. "You feel like you betrayed me by trusting Maul but that isn't true," he said, "I know how you feel.."  I was confused when he said that. How could he know? He was the one that was hurt and I came out fine.

   There was a pause before Kanan continued, "I abandoned my master and she was killed." I was shocked to hear him talking about his past. "I felt like I failed her but then I had help from others like Hera for instance," he said, "now I want to help you through this too but you need to open the door." "Why?" I asked softly that it came out as a whisper. "Why what?" Kanan asked hearing me.

   "You're the one that was hurt but you say t-that I'm the one that needs help," I said. "Some scars aren't always shown to us, they can be mental and you just don't know it until someone helps you through the pain," Kanan said and I looked at the lock again.

Kanan's P.O.V

   I heard the door behind me slide open and I almost fell back if it wasn't for someone that wrapped their arms around me. I recognized that it was Ezra and wrapped my arms around him. We sat on the floor in each other's arms, taking in each other's presence. I heard muffled sobs and my shirt getting wet but all I wanted to do was comfort Ezra at that moment.

   "Sshhh, it's alright," I said then he let go. "Thank you.....for telling me that," he said and I laid a hand on his shoulder. "If you need anything anytime, I will help," I said then I felt Ezra lay his head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair which helped calm him down. Soon, snoring came from him so I picked him up and set Ezra in his bed.

   I tucked him in and said, "Goodnight, Ezra." I left to my room and fell asleep too.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁