Chapter Seventeen: The Love of my life

-Josh-

She just fainted. In the middle of the court. I rush over to her, but Nate knocks me right over. Knocking me flat on my back. The Judge screams at Nate as I was being helped up by some of Jennifer's body guards and they help me over to Jen. I place her in my arms, knelt down closer to the floor. I lifted her up shaking and crying. My blood ran cold. Her cold and lifeness body sent shivers to my spine. I rush out into the car park, unlocking my car and lying her in the back across the seats and strapping her in.

As soon as I arrive at the hospital. I quickly park the car and race inside gripping onto Jennifer in my arms. Tears fall down my cheeks as she is taken away from me. In a mintue or so, a nurse shows me to her room. I pause at the door way, sighing deeply closing my eyes as I open the door. I open them as soon as im the other side of the door. I slowly walk towards her, watching her just breath up and down on a moniter. The only thing that is keeping her well. I sit down on a big comfty chair right near her bed and take hold of her hand, I bring it up to my lips and kiss it softly. I don't let go of her hand, I keep it gently in the palm of mine.

I move her hair out the way of her eyes and softly kiss her forehead, wiping my tears that fell on her face.

''I love you''

I sliently whisper to her, resting my head on her chest. Listening to her heartbeat, I close my eyes and just listen to it pounding in her chest.

Just then im interuppted by Jennifer's parents. I go to stand up but Karen pushes me back down. She takes my other hand and holds it. Gary passes her a chair and they both sit down next to me.

''The twins are beautiful Josh. They look so like the two of you''

Tears well up in my eyes. My parents haven't seen the twins yet. They haven't even been home.

''Im sorry I didn't protect her''

Karen pushes my head onto her chest and I sob shakily into her. I didn't protect her. I didnt protect the love of my life. What if she dies? I couldn't cope. Not with the twins as well.

If Jennifer dies then so do I. She is my everything. I can't live without her. Id be dead if it wasen't for her. I love her so much. I do.

''I love her so much. I really do''

I say sobbing very loudly. Karen says soothing things to try and calm me down.

''Josh me and Gary both know you do. This isn't your fault but she is going to be okay. I promise. Now go and see the twins go on''

I stand up, wiping the tears from my eyes. I turn to look at Karen and Gary who nod. I walk towards the door. Closing my eyes sighing and walking out into cold breeze of rest of the hospital. I make my way to the baby unit and I see my beautiful baby twins. And instantly I smile. I sit down on a chair and a nurse hands Peeta and George to me. They are beautiful. I kiss the top of both of their heads.

''I love you both. And I love Mommy. She's going to be okay. Daddy promises okay.''

I say to them both, trying not to cry. But tears accidenttly slip out, and roll down my cheeks. I love these two. They are so slient and peaceful like Jennifer. They are all very much alive. Im not leaving them ever. They are my world. Jennifer needs to stay on medication, when she comes round.

A nurse works over to the radio on the sisters reception desk.

I smile and look down at the twins, Peeta is drifting asleep to the music but George is awake, his tiny little blue eyes half open and half closed looking at me. A nurse hovers round me holding the twins.