Chapter fourteen: Hide&Seek

-Jen-

Jena walks me downstairs, we sit on the hotel steps waiting for the car to arrive. I rest my head on her shoulder looking out at the sea. I sigh a big sigh.

"I'm gonna miss Josh and you"

"Don't worry Jennifer, we will be okay I promise"

"Pinky?"

I look up at her holding out my left little finger, she smiles and links it with mine.

"Pinky"

We unlock our fingers and jump out of our skins because the ride has arrive and had to beep the horn because we were both in our own worlds.

She helps me up, not unlinking my arm. She hands the driver the case and puts it in the boot, we sit on the left side of the car, I bagsy the window and Jena places her head on my shoulder.

She's like Katie. A sister.

We reach the airport in no time. Jena helps me check in and hugs me tight at the departures bit. Squeesing me tight.

"Look after yourself, text me when you arrive. I'll make up a cover story for Josh. And you need to tell him about the twins. But love you sis, miss you already."

Laughing with tears in my eyes, I squeese her tighter not wanting to let go of my sister.

"Don't worry I will. And thank you. Love you too sis and don't cry"

Jena wipes her eyes as she let's go and I wave until I can't see her.

I finally get to board the plane with just my handbag. First class I'm traveling.

I flop carefully down next to an old man reading a newspaper. I smile and place my sunglasses on my face and close my eyes. This is going to be a long flight.

So I'd better sleep.But finally I'm going home.

I wake up to someone gently poking my arm. I open my eyes and poking me is the man I feel asleep next to on the journay there.

I smile at him,he smiles back.

"We are in Kentucky now Ma'm"

The mans thick English accent, warms the insides of me. I love the UK and everything about it.

"Thank you sir"

He nods his head to me and passes me my bag.

"Have a nice day Miss Lawernce"

"You too sir"

He smiles at me one last time before walking off in the opposite direction to me off the plane.

What such nice man. And British too.

I reach the bag collecter thingy belt, I find my case straight away and a young new york man hands it to me. I smile at him and bow my head in thanks.

I walk out of all the police departments bit. Self checkouts.

I see Nick stood there holding a sign with my name on it. Stood next to him are my parents.

I run towards my dad with tears in my eyes and fling my arms around him.

God I've missed them I really have.

Finally getting into the car for an hours drive. I just catch up with everyone else. Mum&Dad drop me and Nick off at home.

I'm so scared I need Josh.

After a couple of mintures of it being awkward. Nick finally turns to me with his big brown eyes looking so scared.

"Jen, I know your pregant."