Chapter 24: Acceptance

Start from the beginning

I felt his hot lips on my forehead and I let out a sighed. "I love you, Piccola. I need the piece of my heart, I can never be whole without it," he said in a pained, broken voice. My heart felt each ounce of pain in every word, and I slowly nodded.

My hands automatically curled around his muscled back, and his warmth embraced me. It feels home, and I don't want to let him go. He's my home. I buried my face in his broad chest and drank in his spicy scent.

Smelled of cinnamon, perhaps a tinge of musk, cedarwood, and a manly hint of tobacco, mixed with his sweat. It is intoxicating.

"Mr. Vitale!"

I quickly pulled myself and back up when I heard Mrs. Fair's enthusiastic voice. I slowly turned and fought the blush creeping up to my cheeks. She just came in from the back door and holding a stock of plastic vases, and of course, wearing her big, sweet smile.

"How lovely to see you here?" she gave me a teasing smile, and I felt my cheeks slowly burning up.

"I-I'd b-better go help Cynthia," I stuttered and quickly left them before Mrs fair sees me blushing and headed straight to where Cynthia is.

"Mrs. Fair," I heard Isaias greeted Mrs. Fair.

Their voices faded as I got closer to Cynthia. She was standing next to the working table where different hues of flowers were kept in a fresh case of water, to keep them from withering. She quickly hid her smile when she saw me approaching. She busied herself arranging a bouquet of roses in a white tall glass vase, and tried to hide her amused face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't call you back," I apologized as soon as I reached her. I took one rose from the pile next to gypsophila, then gave it to her.

"He's very much in love," she mused giddily, causing my eyebrow to cocked at her.

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Our new boss," she smiled at me, her chocolate eyes sparkled.

My eyebrows knitted together in sheer confusion. "New boss?" I repeated. My brain seemed dull, and slow in processing.

Cynthia slapped my shoulder playfully. "Oh, you're a lucky bitch!" she giggled. She tied up the blue and white decorative ribbons around the neck of the vase, then smiled when the beautiful roses looked exactly how she wanted it.

Beautifully arranged. The contrasting colors of the red wine roses, white wine roses with the green leaves really brought out the colors of the roses, and the scattered white gypsophila added beauty to it.

"Beautiful," I said and smiled at the beauty in front of me. Cynthia smiled with pride. "Roses never failed to bring a smile to my face," I grinned as I leaned in carefully and sniffed the natural scent of the flower.

Lovely.

"Indeed!" Cynthia agreed.

"I'm glad you showed up today. We'll be very busy today, since we have twenty centerpieces to make, and a bouquet for the bride." Cynthia was enthusiastic, and I nodded happily. I love making centerpieces, I enjoyed it a lot, it makes me feel so close to nature. Just by smelling its unique scents, it gives me positive vibes, it relaxes me. The same way Isaias makes me feel.

Unconsciously, a smile broke out on my lips. I never thought I would learn to care for him in a very short period of time, heck I fell hard.

Sure, our heart has its own mind. We can't dictate whom to pick. It was very powerful, and neither the brain could control it.

And once it beat for someone, the someone already had you in his/her palm without you knowing.

Yes, there is what we call control, but there's also what they call happiness, which everybody wants to achieve. And that's ruined everything.