Chapter 4: Jake's House

I got a text from Jake last night saying

Jake ~ Saw the video, proud of you little sis... but aren't you a little worried from, you know...got to tell you something alone?

I am to be honest but I'm not gone let it get in between my life.

Me ~ can't let one person bother me, however I need to find the person who posted it and I have a feeling it's a girl. Can you find out? Oh when you want to tell me?

Jake ~ yeah okay, let's see...

Sighing, I close my phone and throw it on my bed and change for school.

I skip downstairs seeing my parents sitting having breakfast with Jake? So why was he texting me?

Well this is new!

I slow down and try to wonder what's going on and when I get there, they all stare at me.

Jake seeming amused, Mum a bit emotional? And Dad tensed.

"Well, what's going on" I say grabbing an apple, taking a seat on the tale joining them.

"Sweetheart we are going for a business trip for two weeks so obviously you cannot stay alone" She says taking a quick pause to look at Dad.

"And so we were thinking you can go stay with your Aunt Clare" she says almost waiting for the response to smack her.

I and Jake look at each out with our eyes widened and while he spits out milk, I spit out my apple bite, poor apple!

"WHAT?" we say in unison.

"Sorry sweetheart but you can't live anywhere else can you" she says completely ignoring Jake.

We sit there in silence until Jake says

"She can stay with me"

We all stare at him for a minute until I say

"YEAH that's a great idea"

"No son, she cannot stay with you" My dad says.

"Why not?" I ask in annoyance.

"Because if you remember the only reason we had to shift here, is to keep an eye on Jake since Martina couldn't keep taking him out of trouble" He says casually.

Now that I think of it, Jake has got into a lot of trouble from the police and school and basically almost anywhere he has been with his friends.
He's a good kid, I can tell you that! Well he just doesn't appear to be...

"Dad please, I will be more responsible than you'll ever be when it comes to Amy, remember what happen 1 year ago" Jake said after immediately regretting it.

I think back to what happen that day and realize I'm never going to do it again!
But let's forget the past!

"Sis you okay?" Jake asks, I can't let him know things like this other me or he will go crazy.

"Past is past dad, plus Aunt Clare is stinky, and she always gives us Spinach Soup telling us we will thank her one day. God knows when that days is going to come" I say ignoring Jake and having another flashback to Aunt Clare and her cooking.
I and Jake both regret seeing the same flashback and shiver.

"That's actually true though, she told me to pick up her dog's shit and put it in their garden for soil so she won't have to waste money" he says zoning out.

"Never again did I go to her garden or to her dog" He continues in disgust.

"But the point is dad, Jake and I will be on our best behaviour and I will let you know if anything goes wrong – which I for a fact know wouldn't happen" I say.