Goodbye, Hello (7)

Start from the beginning

      As she began stroking my head softly I felt a few more tears run down my cheeks.
      “Abz,” Bernie said, making me turn to find him crouched in front of me. “I know this is going to be hard, and I know that you are going to miss Maria, but you’ll be back home before you know it. You’ll only be there for 7 months. And I know that with every half term that we have here, Maria and the rest of these lot will be coming to see you. You are a multi-billionaire after all.” He finished with a smile.
      “You may not be my daughter, but you are my little girl. That’s how I know you’ll be fine wherever you go.” Squeezing my hand he stood me up.

      Maria’s arm wrapped around my waist, Dylan took my hand and Rochelle put her hand on top off hers. Ryan and John had a hand on either one of my shoulders and Lesley, Chloe and Suzie held on to either one of my arms.

      I’d never felt so much love in all my life and yet in two days; I have friends who love me, the love of my girlfriend and even a real Dad who loves me.

      “Boarding for Los Angeles America, all passengers please report to the board.” The voice over said, stopping us all in our tracks.

      My luggage had all been transported, and the only thing left to go....is me.

      Stepping towards the gate entrance with Maria still attached to my side I turned to my family. Yeah I may be a bitch at times, and yeah they aren’t related. But they are my family, so deal with it.

      “I guess this is Goodbye, I’m going to miss you all so much, we’re all so different and weird, we’re pretty much the perfect family” I said with a smile, trying hard not to cry again. Why is it now that I have to get all sappy again?

      All the guys, girls and Bernie gave me hugs and kisses saying ‘I love you’ and all that until they left. They didn’t go far, seeing as Maria stayed by my side for our private goodbye to one another.

      Turning to look at her I smiled softly and wiped away the tears on her cheeks. “Hey no tears miss,” I said, kissing her nose “Nobody wants this to get all depressing.”

      Maria laughed gently and placed her forehead against mine, sighing sadly. “I know, I’m sorry Abi, I just wish we had longer together. You know I love you right?” She said, her eyes locked with mine. Oh those beautiful brown eyes.

      “I love you too, always have and always will. As Haley and Nathan say, Always and Forever!” I cried, throwing a small wink her way.

      That’s when Maria’s lips met mine. They were so soft, softer than I expected. We kissed passionately but gently, our arms wrapping around one another as we continued to kiss. She traced her tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance that I gave willingly. As her tongue filled my mouth we fought for control, a battle neither of us wanted to give up on. But even though we never wanted to stop, we had too.

      Sighing sadly I broke the kiss and gave her a small peck on the lips “I wish I could stay, or you could come with me-”

      “Maybe I could! M-Maybe I could, it’d be a great experience, and we wouldn’t be apart, I-it could work, couldn’t it?” Maria said, a plan clearly forming in her mind.

      Giggling softly I rubbed my hands up her forearms and kissed her forehead. “I love you so much, but I couldn’t do that. Besides, it’s a ‘special’ school you might not even be allowed in there.”

      She sighed and wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close to her body. “I love you Abi-Wabbie, always have always will. Nothing will change that, I know that distance can sometimes lead to new people. But I know that at the end of the day, you will be with me and I will be with you. Always and Forever. That’s how it is.”

      Pulling back and placing her lips to mine I watched as she left, turning back with tears down her cheeks as she waved goodbye.

      “We are now arriving at Los Angeles airport, please collect you belongings and have a joyful stay.” The pilot said over the inter-com.

      “Fat chance.” I muttered as I collected my on plane luggage and left the plane. Clearly I was not expecting the radiating heat that swept over my skin, why the hell had I worn such thick clothing?

      Finding the toilets I quickly changed into some other clothing, reminder, text Maria so much love for backing my plane bag.

      Slipping on my black tank and jean shorts I headed over to collect my luggage when I was met outside by a strange man.

      “Uh, can I help you mate?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He had thinning hair and curious green and blue eyes. I don’t think I’d ever met someone with eyes that are different colours. He was quite a burly man; I knew straight away not to start anything because he could clearly kill me with his pinkie finger.

      “I’m here to collect you Miss Chambers; Prestige High is awaiting your arrival. Your roommate has been notified and your luggage is to be there when you arrive. Now miss, please follow me to the car.”

      I really couldn’t be asked to ask any more questions so I just followed him. Maybe if he was a kidnapper I could get him to take me back to England and get my girlfriend too. Better to be together than here.

      “I’m sorry about your girlfriend too; maybe we could try and get her into the school. But really it depends on whether she is like you or something close. By the way, the names Rick, I’ll be your driver and your school advisor.”

      I didn’t know what to say....how did he know about Maria? A-And what did he mean by like me?

      “Don’t worry Abi, you’ll understand when we get to Prestige. Now, please,” He motioned towards a sleek red porches “Let me take you to school.”

      Climbing into school, I couldn’t help but think

 %