P R O L O G U E

Byun Baekhyun has a huge crush on Kim Taeyeon, a senior in the same school he's attending. He doesn't know how to approach her, so he asks help from Nam Hyora who's friends with literally everyone. She agrees to help him, only to regret her decision a bit too late.

▪▪▪

Nam Hyora brushed off the eraser shavings from her sketchpad

Nam Hyora brushed off the eraser shavings from her sketchpad. She raised it up in the sunlight as she marveled at her own work, a portrait of—

"Park Chanyeol!"

Several girls ran past in front of her, nearly knocking her off the bench she was sitting on.

Hyora watched them join a slightly larger crowd. They were gathered around a group of boys at the steps near the running track. She could hear a guitar playing.

A guitar.

Her gaze drifted back down to her sketchpad, where the face she had drawn so many times stared back at her.

Chanyeol plays the guitar, she thought. He and his friends certainly must be the ones attracting so much attention.

Another pair of girls ran past her to watch the jamming session. Hyora couldn't possibly miss a chance to watch Chanyeol play, but the mob of girls got on her nerves. They're always there, anticipating Chanyeol's every move and stalking him like freaking creeps.

If she were to try and make a move on him, she was just gonna be another insignificant admirer of his.

Yet despite her growing annoyance towards Chanyeol's fangirls, she couldn't honestly just sit here when he was literally a few meters away. It wouldn't hurt to watch, right?

Hyora glanced at her phone to check the time. Break's about to end soon.

In a rush, she stuffed all her art materials and sketchpad back in her bag and swung the strap to her shoulder. Hyora stood up hastily, her things falling out of her bag in the process.

"Fucking idiot," she muttered to herself. "I forgot to zip it!"

Immediately she bent down and picked everything up. She glanced at the crowd occasionally, worried that Chanyeol may leave before she could even get there.

As she reached for her Calculus book, a gasp left her mouth, because instead, her hand felt something else.

Long, slender fingers were touching hers.

She recoiled and looked up to see who the hell had the nerve to touch her hands.

Wait a second. Isn't this?

"Um. Hi."

Her eyes went wide as realization dawned on her.

"Y-you're Nam Hyora, right?"

She blinked at him. "Byun Baekhyun?"

That's right. It was definitely the same pale face she'd taken a sheet of paper from that one time in Chemistry class. He was Byun Baekhyun, a fellow junior who just so happened to be the lucky guy closest to Hyora who had an available pad of paper.