Second Home

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 76: Second Home

Lucy and Rogue entered the home as if any other place. Opening the door to find themselves simply walking into the place, they scanned the place in awe. "How can such a place exist?" Lucy whispered, looking up to the ceiling where she examined the painted constellations before noticing the sparkling shine on each star. "Are those crystals?" she then questioned, pointing to the stars to show Rogue what she meant.

Rogue stared at them for a while before noticing. "You're right. There are crystals embedded in each star. Wait... they're lacrima crystals," he pointed out where the sound of a door knock surprised them.
Turning around to answer the door, he nodded when he saw Sakurine standing there with a small smile on her face. "Don't mind if I come in to inform you both some more information about this place before you get completely settled?" He nodded before giving her enough space to move through.

The crimson entering the space, her small smile dropped to a frown as she took in the familiar surroundings. Not noticing how the blonde and the black-haired boy were staring at her, she snapped out of her thoughts when she was called out. "Sakura?" She forced herself to smile again as she showed them to the living room.
"It's been a long time indeed. Ever since Starisha left this place, no dragon came to this place to rejuvenate. I hope this place will remain being beautiful..." she muttered, placing her hands on her lap where she gestured them to sit down.

"So how do you find the place?"

Lucy smiled, somewhat forgetting that Sakurine was frowning just seconds before. "This place is so wonderful! We haven't really explored the house but from what we've seen, it's beautiful," she replied, leaning forward to show her excitement.
Then remembering that the crimson was frowning, she sat up straight. "When you came into the house... You were frowning," she stated in a questioning manner.

Sakurine sighing, she sadly smiled in reply before shaking her head. "This place holds a lot of memories for us all. My memories may be vague... but I cherish them all since they're the remaining things I have left of my mother and of Starisha," she replied before pointing to Lucy. "That key will open for the both of you since you're mates. When you stay here for the night, it'll replicate itself for you. No dragons can enter this home unless invited so this place will be reserved to only you and your guests," she then explained as she lowered her arm.

Scanning the living room, she then looked to Rogue. "I can tell that you have a question for me..." Smiling when he glanced away for a few seconds, she stretched a bit before gesturing for him to ask her his question.

"The water..." he mumbled. Lucy too nodded to what he just said. She was also curious about the water. How they were able to breathe in it when they're clearly not wizards with the water element or was able to walk within it as if it wasn't there to begin with.

The crimson widened her eyes. She forgot to inform the two Dragon Slayers in front of her about it. "That is actually water. Animals that roam here really drink from that water... I guess it's confusing since it has properties that normal water wouldn't usually have, so it'll be understandable when I tell you this, my mother was the one that used her magic to give the water some magical properties," she explained before opening her hand to show them her palm. "Elemental magic is something where the user can manipulate an element's property," she began as an orb of water manifested in front of her palm.

The couple watching intently, they watched as the water began to glow. "Let's take this water as an example. Right now, it's just plainly water and nothing special," Sakurine explained before the water evaporated. She then explained that like normal science, she can use heat to evaporate the air to a different state before condensing the water molecules to go back to liquid. "My mother combined the element of water and air together to allow you to breathe underwater. She then used her other elements to merge it all together to create this magical liquid that protects your home. With the power of the stars that Starisha controlled, she used her magic to hide away her home and reveal it when summoned," Sakurine concluded before she snapped her fingers where the water ball dropped to the floorboards which vanished within seconds.

Lucy looking at Sakurine in awe, she nodded her head in excitement. "So Starisha and your mother combined their magic to create this magical place," she beamed. Grinning when the dragon nodded her head, she squealed. "Free rent!" she chimed, making the two watching her sweat to her excitement and reason for it.

Sakurine shaking her head, she stood up and stretched again. "You both are free to stay here for as long as you'd like. I'll be sending my wolves to pick up Sting within two hours, and just to inform you, he will be staying with us Alpha dragons in the castle. The fridge is completely stocked with food and whenever you both wish for my presence, just give out a roar," she said before excusing herself as she left the house.

Rogue looking to Lucy, she shrugged her shoulders before getting up. "Let's explore the place before we have lunch," she chimed, pulling him up as well where they began to explore the unknown rooms of the house with their hands entwined.

Looking around where they found out that the house was much bigger than what they've expected, they listed what they found. There was a large bathroom where the bath looked more like a small swimming pool, a study that seemed more like a small library, an open room with no ceiling where they could see the stars with pillows scattered. There were quite a few other bedrooms as well.

The two of them then heading to the kitchen, Lucy beamed when she opened the fridge to see the fridge filled with an array of food and ingredients. Looking to her partner, she tipped her head to the side. "So, what would you like to eat?" she questioned.
Rogue looked at her with a small smile. Almost unnoticeable but it was there. "Anything you want to eat. I'll let you be the one to decide," he replied to which she nodded her head. "How about some quiches?"

He nodded his head to her question. Walking to the dining table, he rested his head on his hand where he watched the blonde gather the ingredients from the fridge. His smile still there, he listened to her humming before closing his eyes as she began to cook.
He could get used to this lifestyle. A life without any problems or dangerous situations slowly creeping up behind their backs. A life without death and pain would be the preferred life that he would choose if it'll be this peaceful. With no trouble or tears, he could spend the rest of his life with his family. A family that he hoped will be with the woman dancing in the kitchen.

"Rogue?"

He slowly opened his eyes to see Lucy directly in front of him with a questioning expression. Humming in reply, she smiled to him. "If you're tired, why won't you rest in the living room or have a nap in one of the bedrooms?" she suggested.

Rogue didn't want to be away from her but sinceshe wanted him to rest since it may take a while to cook, he decided that itwas best to take a nap for a bit since walking around did drain him a bit.Getting up from his spot, he was about to leave when Lucy grabbed his cape.
The boy turning to ask her what's wrong, he was surprised when she kissed him,pulling back with a cute blush on her porcelain face. "I'll wake you upwhen everything is placed on the table," she 

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]