A New World

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 5: A New World

Sitting on the train for roughly three days straight, Lucy sat there in her carriage staring out of the large window beside her. "So where are we heading to?" Loke questioned as he appeared in front of her silently where he was sitting with one leg over the other.

Sitting on the opposite side of where she was sitting, she looked over to his direction and sighed. She was feeling quite tired from this sitting and the lack of moving around. "Well, the first thing to do is find a new place to call home," she replied.

Loke raising a brow, he looked out of the window and pointed to it. "You want to find a place here in the forests?" he questioned as if it were to be some kind of sick joke that he didn't understand well of. With his princess not even bothering to give him a sign of her joking, he frowned. "Lucy, there would never be a cabin out here in these types of forests. Even if there is one that's ready for us to move in, there may be criminals lurking around," he said, hoping that she would understand that it'll be dangerous to do such a thing.

She forced herself to smile. "Well, we might as well build one and call it our home," she stated where Loke thought about it for a moment. "If we do that... Then you'll have to camp until we're done," he replied where she then sighed.

"You're right."

The male spirit sighed in relief. Like he was thinking before, it was too dangerous for her to be living alone so with a smile, he thought of the best solution to their problem. "That's great. Now let's find a nice little village -"
Before he could finish, Lucy was already thinking ahead of him and in a different direction. "I should ask Sakura to see if there's a place hidden in the forest that's safe to live," she interrupted.

Loke's jaw dropped and Lucy happily pushed it back up again with a positive, beaming smile. "What's wrong with asking for help? She offered her help so why not take advantage of it," she added where Loke faked a cough. "I thought you didn't want to ask for such help?" he asked.
But seeing how proud she was about her suggestion, he began smiling to her before he nodded. "Are you sure that you're alright?" he insisted.

She nodded before scratching her head. "Now that I think about it... I'm not too sure about that - But being positive is the first step into becoming a new me!" she cheered before pulling out the small lacrima crystal where Loke looked at it.

"Did Sakura give it to you?" he questioned, looking at the small thing as the blonde shook her head. "Master Makarov gave it to me just in case I wanted to contact them. It's the latest type too. All I have to do is input their numbers into it, and..." Explaining while she tapped on the crystal, suddenly a large screen appeared with Sakura right on it.
" - There," she finished off where the crimson was projected on its surface where she slowly opened her eyes to look at them with a small smile.

The girl turning to look at Lucy to give her attention, she nodded her head. "Lucy... Loke... An early good morning to the both of you," she greeted. "Good morning to you too Sakura," Lucy replied where Sakura tipped her head in reply.

"So, what's the problem Lucy?" Sakura began. "Is there a problem that you need assistance with?"

The blonde biting the bottom of her lips, she looked down to the back of her hand and slowly looked back up to the screen where the crimson was waiting for her reply. Opening her mouth to only shut it, she closed her eyes and gave out a long sigh. "Is there a place where I can stay at Carren Forest?" she questioned, watching the girl's eyes widen in surprise.

Sakura thinking about it, she nodded her head. "Carren Forest should be roughly four days away from Magnolia by train. I've been there before and it's the perfect location to be used as a training ground for many people. Though, it is a vast place, so you may have some difficulties in finding the cabin that I used..." she replied before holding her chin in deep thought. "If you want to go there, then you have to be careful. You've been on the train for three days, right?"