Crystals

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 60: Crystals

"Zeref found the origin of these crystals and found out about their capabilities of absorbing his magic. He found these crystals special and decided to distribute them... To clueless dragons that go attracted to its beauty, and Tamers that were told that they contain special elements to enhance their controls over their dragons - Pretty much Manipulation magic," Mavis explained, noticing the flash of Sakura's eyes, warning her not to tell the very detail that she didn't want Lucy to hear.

The Celestial mage not noticing Sakura's behaviour, she eagerly waited for Mavis to continue as she nodded her head. A sign to tell the woman that she was ready to hear more.

"When these crystals were still a common thing to find at times, people began to grow hungry for them. They searched far and wide, trying to get a shard for themselves where it resulted to the Starlite crystals running scarce. Now, it is extremely rare to find them, and one of them seems to be in the hands of one of our members," she explained.

Lucy didn't understand much. It still didn't answer the reason why the dragons wanted them to go out and find them. Tipping her head to the side, she knew that she shouldn't keep her mouth shut when Mavis is willing to inform them about these Starlite crystals. "So why are these crystals being sought for? Why are their names being mentioned now?"

Mavis shook her head before turning to look over to Sakura. "I'm not too sure, but what I am sure of, is that, for whatever reason Sakura's looking for them, it's a beneficial one," she replied where Sakura nodded her head. "I may not be too clear about this, but I'm confident that we're going to be absorbing whatever is left within Zeref's body to prevent him from rising," Sakura answered.

Makarov hummed as he focused on Sakura's rigid body. She was tense, meaning she knew what Mavis didn't mention due to her warning eyes. To use the crystal to its fullest capabilities, a small exchange is needed. The smallest exchange could mean one of the biggest.

"So, what are you both planning to do? Go and kindly ask for it?" he asked.

Lucy looked at Sakura who was looking at him. The crimson ignoring the five pairs of eyes on her, she sighed and scratched her irritating wig. "Well, the only thing we do best here is fighting, so why not challenge two people? While they're engaged with the fight, I'll take it," she suggested where Lucy nodded. "I believe we'll be able to draw their attention. As long as she doesn't notice that it's gone then it's fine."

Mavis thought about it for a moment. "She's quite overprotective about that crystal though. She'll notice the change in weight on her," she muttered.

Sakura rolling her eyes, she got rid of the makeup and everything and growled. "I'm over this. We need to get back soon, so I'll just go and challenge her for the necklace." Storming out of the office with Ace following her, Yuuto and Lucy bowed their heads in respect to both Guild Masters and quickly jogged after them.

If Sakura wanted to reveal herself, then she shouldn't follow her actions. No matter what, she knew that Sakura wouldn't be pleased if they all started to attack her if she revealed herself.

Biting the bottom of her lips where she quickly went down the stairs, she widened her eyes when her eyes landed on Sakura standing in front of Lisanna with her hand gripping the girl's shirt.
Sakura would never act rashly, and by the enraged look in her eyes, she knew that Lisanna had said something unbelievable to her face. Something that was relating to her as she stood there watching Sakura struggle on holding back her urge to punch her in the face.

"No matter what you tell me, I won't join the guild."

She could feel the thick tension in the air as Mirajane tried to intervene the heated glares between the two girls. Taking a step forward towards them where she was about to say something, Lisanna opened her mouth to speak. "You were stupid to follow that liar. She tricked you so she could use you to her own benefit!" Lisanna screamed.

Lucy narrowed her eyes and balled her hands into tight fists. How dare she accuse her for such a horrendous thing! Hearing the crimson eerily laugh made the blonde raise her awareness around her surroundings. The temperatures within the building dropping as some ice formed at certain corners of the room, Lucy shivered and widened her eyes at the sinister expression on her dragon's face.

"Darling... I came here challenging you to fight my new friend and I, and not to get involved with your little complaints. Let me tell you and everyone here one thing about my relationship with Lucy though; She's free to use me however she wants, for I will always follow that pure heart of hers. Do not get us mixed up with you and Natsu!" Sakura bellowed, slamming the girl into the ground where she stood up straight and glared down to her. "If you want to challenge us, come! I will not tolerate such behaviour - Learn your place!"

Lucy not liking how this was turning out, she ran over to the crimson and worriedly grabbed her arm. "Sakura-san, please don't use sheer violence! You told me that you're on good terms with Fairy Tail. Wasn't that the reason why you showed me here to join when I asked?" she cried out, pretending that she wasn't the blonde that was clearly the topic to their argument.

"She's just a liar that loves to abuse people that she finds as a threat! Let me remind you and everyone in the guild that she told me to hold back my feelings for him, just so she could have him to herself!" Lisanna screeched.

Sakura growled where Ace and Yuuto came closer to her behind. "I do not believe in souls that are tainted." The crimson looking over her shoulder, she nodded her head to her loyal wolves where they both gave her space by taking a step back. With heavy breaths, she then looked over to Lucy who was still in disguise and sighed.

There was no use. She couldn't involve Lucy in this since she was still in disguise. Looking back to Lisanna who was slowly getting up with the help of Natsu, she hardened her gaze on them. "How about it Lisanna? If we win, we get the necklace?" she suddenly questioned, point down to the necklace that was hanging from the girl's neck.

While Lucy had no idea what to do about Sakura's hidden rage that was boiling in the pits of her stomach, Sakura growled. "No matter what, you always act as if you're stronger than us. Have you truly not tasted the Crimson Dragon's rage?"

Lisanna widened her eyes. "I'm not acting! The fact that you went with that coward proves how weak you are! You couldn't even handle the issue!" she cried out, trying to defend her ground where a few of the guild members shook their heads to her foolishness.

Lucy taking a step back as the ice within the building suddenly spiked to become sharp icicles to Sakura's emotions, she bit the bottom of her lips as her heart stirred uncomfortably. Without them all knowing; there were three boys heading towards their direction in quick haste after sensing an unsettling feeling on their backs.

Eyes red where her fangs were elongated, Sakura growled out loud where all Dragon Slayers present hardened their gaze on the crimson. With one step taken towards the challenging white-haired mage, she darkly smiled. "Then allow me to prove my point. Let my fangs sink deep into your neck, and let me cry in anguish. Let me give you a taste of the Crimson Dragon's fury..."

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]