Lying Smile

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 39: Lying Smile

You know that feeling of strange sensation of numbness, when you can't move your body as freely as you'd like it to without having to deal with that prickling pain which makes you cringe? That's what Lucy was feeling as she sat there, alone in the pitch black darkness where only a small spotlight rested on her still body.
She didn't know where exactly she was. She didn't know how much time had passed without her knowing. She didn't know what was happening to her as she pleaded for that dragon to come back and explain to her what's going on.

Lucy was losing hope as she waited for a sign that it was now time for her to wake up - But when was it ever going to call her?

He however knew the feeling of emptiness as he stood there on top of the cliff with an amazing view standing in front of him. He didn't enjoy the Dragon World's beauty since she wasn't there to stand beside him. That empty spot right there... Was missing her. The place that she should be to make him feel comfortable and right. Without her here, the world and the scenery in front of him was plain and utterly boring in his eyes.

"Rogue... Don't you worry, her dragon did justice by protecting her from Zeref," Sakura whispered as she looked out to her home. "I will call them to -" She didn't finish her sentence when suddenly Takuto pushed her back to only raise his hand.

The boy creating an ice wall, the three of them widened their eyes as they watched a large boulder come flying towards their direction. "Out of all times... They know that we've arrived," Takuto stated, narrowing his eyes to the man jumping high into the air to meet them personally.

"So, you all decided to grace us with your presence, Sakura... Or should we call you Sakurine, Alpha of the Royal Dragons?" the man stated where Sakura and Takuto growled.
Rogue looking to his side to watch the shaking bodies of the two mates, he slowly turned his eyes to look back to the man where he suddenly realised who he was. That man was the one that attacked them off-guard when Lucy and Sakura decided to join their family. Narrowing his eyes, he balled his fists and gritted his teeth in anger.

"I have not claimed my title as an Alpha yet. My name will only be so once I acquire my title -" she said where the man chuckled and shrugged in a mocking manner. "You are already an Alpha though, so why are you denying it? You, who is obeyed by almost every dragon other than the evillest dragons existing in the shadows. Do you know that those dragons fear you and refuse to go against your rules and commands? To think that someone like you is feared by many from human to dragon when you're truthfully weak and merely a child!" he yelled out where Sakura growled and snapped her jaws.

Rogue and Sting not understanding their conversation, they turned their heads to Takuto who was still and observant. "She's an Alpha dragon, but she needs to reach a mature age to claim it official," he explained where Rogue nodded his head.

Sting cracking his knuckles, he grinned when the ice shattered where it left nothing in between them. The man hovering in front of them all with a smirk that could irritate any warrior, the blonde cracked his neck before going into a stance. "I'm sorry to break your confrontation and complaining, but we must be taking our Dragon Slayer back," he said, jumping towards them where Sakura widened her eyes when he dared to take the leap of faith.

"White Dragon's Roar!" Sting boomed.

The Shadow Dragon Slayer, thinking about following his partner's ruthless charge, he was grabbed by the shoulder by Takuto who shook his head. "I cannot catch you if you were to fall. I am not gifted like my mate," he said, cocking his head to Sakura who immediately jumped off after the blond with an annoyed expression on her face.
The boys watching large, crimson wings emerge from her back, she quickly caught Sting before he plummeted into the ground far down below. Hearing her give out a sigh as she dropped her guard for a slight bit, she widened her eyes as she listened to the zooming sound of something coming their way.

Everyone quickly turning towards that certain direction, they all watched as a tree came shooting towards their direction where Rogue hurriedly opened his mouth. "Shadow Dragon's Roar!" he yelled out, destroying the thing as Sakura placed Sting down next to him. "That was too reckless Sting. What would had happened if I didn't have the power to use my wings?" Sakura scolded as she looked over the edge.

Rogue shaking his head to his partner's actions, he listened to Sting question her reason of scolding. "Hey, at least I made him shut up. We can all agree that he was complaining too much," he said where she shook her head before closing her eyes. "He's still nearby. He's hiding and waiting for a moment of attack..." she whispered.
Sting scowling, he balled his fists as Rogue scratched the back of his head. They both knew that they still had no plan onto saving Lucy...

"I must admit but I..." She was once again interrupted when a familiar roar shook the heavens and the earth. The girl standing there frozen as she looked at them, she slowly widened her eyes. Her mind in a state of shock as her heart began to beat faster, she felt her body growing heavier by the second.
Listening to those distant flapping of the wings, she knew who or what was coming towards their direction. "Listen," she whispered.

Her eyes going crimson back and forth, she slowly turned her full attention to Rogue. "No matter what happens, don't look back and do not come back. Run down this cliff and follow the heaviest scent filled with all sorts of different scents combined. It will lead you to the castle where we Royal Dragons gather -" Again, she was interrupted when she pushed forward with Takuto and opened their mouths.

"Roar of the Elemental Dragon!"

"Roar of the Ice Dragon!"

Both roars coming out in sync, it merged together and tackled a powerful white roar. The two of them holding on as the forces slowly pushed them backwards, Sting and Rogue widened their eyes in horror as they stared upon the rumoured black and blue dragon floating high in front of them.

"A-Acnologia..." Rogue whispered. "The dragon that destroyed Fairy Tail's Tenrou Island..." Sting followed, watching the roars push each other back and forth.

Sakura narrowing her eyes, she pushed through her boundaries where her eyes began to glow crimson. Her body glowing as she widened her eyes, she increased her power where a large explosion was made.

Sting and Rogue holding their ground where they felt some support on their backs, they slowly looked over their shoulders to see some thick roots holding them in place. "Shit. Who knew that we would be seeing Acnologia so soon?" Sting joked, earning a punch from Rogue.

"Come on, let's hurry to the castle." The two Dragon Slayers looked back straight where they saw Takuto standing in front of them with Sakura's glowing figure behind him. The two of them looking at him in confusion, he shook his head and urged them to hurry before they get whisked into this deadly battle.

"Why can't we fight together?" Rogue asked, not liking the fact that they were going to escape from a battle that's happening right in front of them.

Takuto shaking his head, he narrowed his eyes. "Have you even seen two opposing forces fight to the death? This is their fight, between two Alpha dragons and not us," he stated, creating an ice wall when Acnologia bellowed again.

The three boys watching Sakura scream as she was pushed against the powerful roar. They all cringed in pain when they watched her get slammed into the wall created by Takuto. "We cannot stay here! Move!" Takuto bellowed where Sting and Rogue had no other choice but to follow.

Rogue looking over his shoulder where he watched Sakura struggle to push back the roar with her own hands, he froze when he saw her move her head to look at them. Her face annoyed but somewhat held fear within her eyes, she forced herself to smile to them all in reassurance before she turned her head to narrow them as she faced Acnologia.

LIES.

He shook his head. There was no way that she would die in battle... Would she?

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]