Taken

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 35: Taken

She laid there on her futon as she gazed up to the ceiling with a small frown on her face. It seemed that the wisteria tree had a Time spell to allow it to maintain its lifespan where it had a small glow on its walls. Some lacrima crystals embedded in the wall as well, it seemed like it was responsive to the time outside as they weren't bright like any other light lacrima out there. Although its lights were dim, it was enough to allow everyone to see around the place without having to squint their eyes...

Lucy couldn't sleep, nor did feel tired at all as she stared into the dim darkness. Her ears picking up the slight snores from Sting, she could also hear Rogue's faint breathing as his mind drifted off into another world.
Thinking of him, she felt her heart flutter. She didn't know why, but she felt safe and glad to have him by her side. As if he had something soothing about him that was able to calm her down, she felt herself starting to yearn for his attention whenever they were out in a foreign town.

His beauty was something that made many of the other girls turn to his direction, but, yet again, it was also to his mysteriousness which made them gossip and want to get closer to him. Rogue was a fine specimen, and he was a polite gentleman when it came to handling women. He knew when to stop and knew when to act which was something that possibly all men lack in when it came to handling women.

But, yet again, being around him made her feel alive. These foreign feelings that were similar when she had feelings for... She shook her head, trying to get his name out of her mind. No, her love for him wasn't like this... These feelings for Rogue were more passionate and heart-throbbing compared to his.

Sighing, she covered her eyes with her arm before groaning in confusion. Just what was going through her mind and heart right now? There just wasn't any time for all of this confusion considering how dangerous their situation was.
Either way, she was surprised when Sting and Rogue weren't bothered to call it quits when they found themselves being involved into this messed up situation. They didn't care about fighting against Zeref, but, yet again, perhaps their determination of protecting them were fuelled by their anger to Jiemma, the one that messed up their beloved family.

Finding herself standing under the spotlight, she shook her head. "I should take a breather..." she muttered under her breath to which she waited for a moment before slowly pulling herself up.

The girl looking around, her eyes landed on a bright glowing area where she heard Sakura's strained breathing with two other panicked ones following. So, Sakura was still in pain, meaning Zeref was still at it while time continued to tick by.
Knowing all too well that Sakura would refuse her request of going out to cool herself down, Lucy tip-toed towards the door where she slowly, yet quietly, opened it. Just hoping that Sakura wouldn't sense anything strange happening, she quietly slid through the small gap that she had made with the door.

Not hearing anything come from the crimson, she sighed in relief as she stepped out. "Thank goodness," she said to herself before suddenly an orb of water dropped onto her where she found herself gasping for air. Her eyes wide in panic, she tried to swim towards the side where she stopped right after hearing a familiar voice cackle to her despair.
The blonde slowly looking around, her heart pace quickened as she found herself staring at the girl in front of her with her pet staring down to into her eyes. Out of all times, she just had to forget about the lurking dangers in the shadows. No matter where they all thought it would be safe, there just had to be a hole that they had never noticed.

"Aww, did the blonde get a big surprise while being all alone by herself? Well ya should've been a bit more careful!" the girl chuckled, leaning slightly over as if to taunt the blonde trapped inside of the water. Her head held up high and proud, she looked over to her pet serpent and cocked her head over to Lucy who was suffocating. "Bring her to Master Zeref. He will deal with her," she said where the serpent hissed and began to make its way towards the girl.
Before it could even wrap its body around her, large roots emerged from the ground where it pierced itself into the giant creature. Its hissing and wails vibrating the ground, it tore its body away from the roots as it dropped to the ground breathing heavily. "And where do you think you're taking her?" a familiar voice questioned as Lucy forced herself to open her eyes.

Seeing Rogue and Sakura glaring at the girl as well as her pet, all she could remember was sadly smiling towards them as she closed her eyes and blacked out. "I'm sorry," she mouthed before she felt her body go numb all over.

"Lucy!" Sakura roared.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]