Sabertooth Escape

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 17: Sabertooth Escape

The boys looked over their shoulders as the thick vegetation returned to normal as if nothing had happened during the previous few seconds of their lives. The large thick trees hiding the destruction behind them, they stayed implanted in their spot as they gave the intruders a hard time on leaving. As if they were truly alive to think for themselves, they held those intruders captive until they were given permission, but sadly, they couldn't do that since the three had escaped magically.

Swaying against the wind, the trees gave out a ghastly whistle where they all turned to look back. With Lucy's ragged breathing, she forced herself to steady her breathing as they all waited for the next train to arrive. Looking at the boys, she raised a brow. "Are you both stalking me now?" she questioned with a whisper where they looked down to her.

"No, the train stopped here, and we saw your spirit collapsing while they were looking for help. We had nothing better to do so we went to see what was going on," Sting bluntly answered where she gave them a look that she didn't believe them. "If that was the case, then how did you find me?" she asked where the wind ran by them again.

"I used my magic to open the path," a voice interrupted.

Their heads turning, they saw Sakura landing as her wings dispelled. Her eyes droopy as her skin was ghostly pale, she turned to investigate the woods where she sighed. "This place is no longer safe... It has been intruded, and that means that it'll happen again if you remain here," she stated before smelling the air.

"They're watching us..." she muttered under her breath.

"I... I'm so sorry," Lucy whispered, making them turn to look at her in Rogue's hold. All tattered and bruised, Sakura's heart plummeted to her state. "It's alright Lucy. I should've been clearer about the situation," she replied as she turned her attention to Rogue. "Watch over her for me could yo-"

"I'm going to join Sabertooth," Lucy stated as she interrupted the crimson that was going to request Sabertooth for their assistance. She turned her head to look at the blonde in shock as Sting and Rogue widened their eyes to Lucy proclaim of joining their guild in which the wolves all howled in the distance.
Sakura gapping, she closed her mouth. "Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure that just a few hours ago, you didn't want to join a guild," she questioned to which Lucy nodded.

"There are more of them than there is of me. I don't have the strength to fight them alone... I had to learn that the hard way," she stated, watching the crimson look at her as if she was a deer caught in the headlights.

Her hand reaching out, Sakura frowned as she lifted a hand where an orb of water engulfed hers. Feeling the cooling sensation occur on the hand that the girl happened to step on during battle, she sighed in relief before realising that it was healing her. She looked up to meet a sad smile.
"Would you like me to join Sabertooth too?" Sakura asked.

Lucy looked up to her with bulging eyes. Knowing that Sakura was dead serious, she shrugged her shoulders before remembering that Sakura was doing something important for her former Master. "But you're doing a secret mission for Master Makarov," she whispered as her heart banged to know that her friend couldn't join another guild with her since she's too busy worrying about the other.

Feeling ashamed that she's the decision-maker of Sakura's question, she shook her head with a forced smile. "You're in Fairy Tail... You just can't get up and leave behind everything. You need his permission to leave the guild Sakura..." she said where the crimson smiled.

"Now that's where you're wrong," she said, making the girl look at her in confusion. "I am that force that holds up the guild when Makarov isn't here... Remember, I have what it takes to be a Master..." she continued before showing them her upper thigh.