Heard Whispers

Fragile Crystal Life
Chapter 51: Heard Whispers

The battle between Sakura and Zeref lasted for a while with Lucy still protected as she healed. Sakura being able to inflict minor injuries on the man in black, she, on the other hand, was worn out due to him being able to deflect her magic in ease due to his long experience.

Lucy unable to do anything as she watched Sakura get thrown into a wilted tree, she tried to push herself onto her feet before flinching to her injury on her side. Gritting her teeth as she wanted to do something, she widened her eyes when she heard Zeref give out a loud whistle in which Sakura flinched and narrowed her eyes in alert.

With her senses now enhanced, she could hear the distance flapping of wings approaching their direction. She could see its figure gradually growing bigger. She could smell the scent of death quickly approaching them within every blink of an eye.

"Sakura..." she whispered where Sakura looked over her shoulder with worried eyes. "No... Not yet. I must not let you fall into their hands..." Sakura muttered under her breath before another lotus grew over Lucy as extra support.

The crimson slowly turning to look back to meet Acnologia's eyes, her breathing hitched. Could she really bring down her uncle and free him? Just where did her confidence run away to during a critical moment like this?

Breathing heavily, Sakura jumped high into the air where her wings sprouted from her back. "I don't want to kill him..." she whimpered before shifting into her dragon form where Lucy was situated under her belly.

"Weaken him!" Lucy cried out.

Sakura widened her eyes and looked down to her paws. Her eyes glowing, she smirked before lifting her head where she gave out a bellow of power. "Roger that!" Sakura boomed, raising her wings which opened to reveal her large wingspan.

The crimson dragon charging forward, she crashed into Acnologia who roared in her ears. Gritting her teeth as she pushed the black and blue dragon away from her master, she quickly spun, flicking her tail into Acnologia who slid across the ground. "You dare to allow such a thing to control you?" she snarled, headbutting into his chest before shifting into her human form where she threw her head back. "Roar of the Elemental Dragon!" she boomed, able to use her full powers since she accepted her title.

The girls watching as the roar containing four elements collided into the old dragon, they widened their eyes when they found him still standing on his feet with his eyes narrowed.

Was Sakura's roar too weak to not cause any damage on Acnologia?

"You cannot defeat us Sakurine... Can't you just accept it?" Zeref asked as he stood there with a frown on his face. A black wave surrounding him where Sakura took a step back in caution, she narrowed her eyes and gritted her teeth.

Lucy watching as Sakura cautiously moved back to stand closer to her, she remained quiet as she saw Sakura's crimson hair slowly rising into the air as she noticed that it was getting harder to breathe. Placing her hand over her chest, she composed herself as she knew that it was Sakura controlling the air around them, including the water particles in the atmosphere.

"I cannot accept you... I cannot accept the person who you are now... How you treated Mavis as merely a thing... How you treat all of us dragons as mere slaves after what had happened to you in the past!" Sakura bellowed as the water particles in the air condensed where they transformed into sharp icicles. "You hunt us down... You taught those people..." She bit the bottom of her lips to stop herself from saying anything more than that.

Her eyes filled with nothing more than rage, she balled her fists. "It would be better if you never fell in love. It would have been better if you died as well - A Spriggan? You're nothing more than a mere shadow wanting to gain a soul by collecting the life of others around you," she spat before she created a wall made of thick rock just in time of his outburst.

"Death Predation!" he whispered out loud where his irises grew red.

Sakura dropping her wall where she smirked at him with her glowing red eyes, she looked over her shoulder and smiled to her Tamer. "Are you alright? The wave didn't get to you right?" she asked, not paying attention to the searing pain inside of her due to the death of more life surrounding them in the distance.

Zeref was killing more life... He was expanding the amount of destruction that he's making to weaken her due to her connection to nature and earth.

The blonde slowly nodded her head. "I can fight... Please let me help..." she pleaded where the lotus chipped a bit which alerted the crimson of her gradual recovery.

Sakura fighting against herself mentally as she tried to weigh out her decisions, she sighed and moved away where the lotus vanished, releasing her Tamer from her safe zone. "Please be careful... It may be closed, but it can easily open if you move too quickly..." Sakura said, eyeing the area that was scabbed warily.
Lucy nodding, she held out her keys and winked to the Sakura. "That's why, I'll be calling our friends to aid us. I'm sure that you want to keep on healing me, so I'll limit myself to summoning until you say that I'm free to use my Celestial Dragon Slaying magic," she said where Sakura smiled in relief.

The crimson looking at Zeref who was enraged to her mockery, she sighed before closing her eyes. Taking in a deep breath where she slowly opened her eyes to reveal pairs of determined red, glowing eyes, she growled. "No matter what may happen, I will fight till I die in order to protect you..." she whispered under her breath where Ace and Yuuto appeared beside her.
"Protect her you two. This will be my final command to you both... My uncle will not fall unless I fall too. So, when that happens, please serve her, and let her be the one to call you by your cards where unlike me who cannot fully use you, she can. Let her become your next Alpha when I'm gone," she whispered to them where both wolves looked at her with wide eyes. "I may have been able to call you both once or twice through your cards... I'm sorry that you had to find an alternative to serve under my name and magic," she said once more, glancing over to Loke and Aquarius in front of her.

Sakura smiling as she felt tears welling up in her eyes, she dropped her head before raising it to look over her shoulder to gaze at her determined Tamer. Nodding her head where she looked at Zeref, she took in a deep inhale before exhaling to calm herself down. "Although I'm new to this whole thing, I thank you for fighting alongside with me," she thanked the two spirits in front of her.

Loke and Aquarius not turning their heads to look at her as they struggled not to look weak in front of their opponent, all they could do was nod their heads. Sakura walking forward where she heard Lucy say something to her... She whimpered a bit as a tear fell onto her cheek.

"You're forgetting that I can now hear you Sakura... Please don't say farewell when we're merely only beginning to face our biggest challenge yet together."

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]