Game

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 54: Game

They both stood there, now unsure what to do as Zeref stood there feeling annoyed and impatient. Like before, he was over fun and games, and by the looks of it, those two were mates which made it even more irritating since Rogue will become even more overprotective and on-guard.
Staring at them both with narrowed eyes, he clicked his tongue which wasn't a usual thing for someone like him. Taking a confident step forward, his lips twitched in amusement when he saw them flinch and take a steady step back with their hands still connected.

It was entertaining to see such weak humans be cautious around him when they're about to die anyways.

His head tipping to the side, he knitted his brows together in a mocking way as if he was caring like an adult ready to gently scold a child for breaking grandma's vintage teacup. "If some Alpha of the dragons cannot defeat me... Do you honestly think that I'll fall by the hands of two weak and inexperienced Dragon Slayers like you?" he asked, taunting them to make the first move.

The blonde gritted her teeth as she felt a pressure around her hand. Snapping her head to look at Rogue in confusion, she felt a surge of energy come through from his body to hers as he nodded his head in reassurance to her before turning it to narrow his eyes at the man in black. "We're not that inexperienced when it comes to using our magic..." he said calmly but with a hint of threat hidden within it.

Zeref scoffing, he lifted his head back straight where the black fog behind him condensed into sharp lancers floating in the air. Narrowing his eyes, he chuckled slyly. "You may have some experience, but it doesn't compare to Sakurine's. She's been fighting for her own life since the very day that she was born and trained to become who she's known as today... The Crimson Dragon," he stated before crossing his arms to taunt them even more. "You two combined are like toddlers trying to imitate an idol from a screen. You think that defeating someone like me will be so simple but, let me tell you all one thing, bringing her mother into depression and anxiety was easy. To think that she gave birth to Sakurine who is lethal and agile. But you all dulled that lethal blade she once was. You made her blood lust shrivel. She could of easily brought me down if she never met you, or joined that so-called family of yours known as Fairy Tail," he continued before his eyes shone brighter in anger and distaste.

"She was born to be used as a tool of corruption. You technically broke her, Lucy Heartfilia... You made her go against her uncle. You killed her uncle by commanding her such things. She'll never be the Sakurine you once knew of once the crime of killing your own blood settles in her mind. She'll reborn into the dragon I desired to control," he taunted with such a deadly tone leaking through with his words.

The two Dragon Slayers widened their eyes at what the man had just said. Lucy knew a bit of Sakura's past, but she never knew that she was stronger... If Zeref's desire for Sakura's power was that overpowering, then they were wrong about Sakura's full strength.

"I didn't break her... She won't fall into corruption!" Lucy cried out, pushing forward where Rogue stopped her. "You make her sound weaker when you claimed that Sakura's broken... She's not broken," Rogue whispered. His eyes hardening even more as he bared his fangs at Zeref, his body tensed.

He didn't like watching tears form in Lucy's eyes at all. "Lucy did nothing," he spat before he went into his Dragon Mode.

Lucy gasping at his form with the black markings on his body, she tensed when he turned his attention back onto her and nodded his head. Her body tingling as she looked at him with determined eyes, she too nodded her head back to him where she closed her eyes while taking in a deep inhale to calm herself down.