The Change

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 20: The Change

Silence...

That was all that she could explain as the heavy thickness of tension settled over them like a thick mass. Her mouth dry as she waited for an answer from the crimson, she forced herself to swallow down the unsettling feeling in her body. As she continued to wait, she could still feel Sting and Rogue's bewildered gaze as she planted her eyes on Sakura's frozen stated.

Knowing that Sakura was a dragon where they're supposed to foster young children and teach them Dragon Slaying magic, she knew that she was given an opportunity to learn new and stronger magic.

"I don't want you to risk your life on learning such reckless magic," Sakura replied where Lucy shook her head in shock.
Her mouth open, she watched as Sakura's face held such fear in her eyes. Not knowing why, she pressed on. "But I can help you fight against him," she said where Sakura looked at her as if she'd been slapped across the face.

"I'm not strong... I hold four raging elements within me and I can't control them just yet, and here I am, being asked to teach a mage that has no experience with my elements?" she said, bewildered that she's being asked such a thing.

Lucy nodding her head, she looked down to her hands. "I want to understand you guys. I want to see what you guys see..." she confessed.

Rogue not knowing how to handle the situation, he looked at Sting that was watching the entire thing unfold. What was happening was something that you wouldn't see occurring every day. This was a private matter, between a mage and a dragon...

He leaned forward with his mouth opened, as if he wanted to say something to calm down the thick air around them. Even though he opened his mouth, no words were forming as Sakura shook her head again, refusing Lucy's pleas to learn at least an element to stand on even ground with them.
He knew that Lucy was strong, considering how she's able to open two gates as well as handle a heated fight against a strong opponent without losing hope. He knew her capabilities all too well... So why was Sakura so hesitant about teaching her at least an element?

Nothing could go wrong... Right?

"Why won't you teach her?" Sting asked, asking Rogue's question which was stirring an inner battle within his mind.

The girls turning their attention to him, Sakura sighed. "I don't know Celestial Dragon magic so can't be my slayer. I only know how to control water, fire, sky and earth, that being nature, where water is my main element," she answered.

Rogue looking at Sakura and then back to Lucy who was pouting in disappointment, he finally could feel his mouth working again. "How about I teach her Shadow Dragon Slaying magic?" he offered where the girls widened their eyes at the sudden offer.
"There's no way -" Sting went ahead to cut the crimson off. "I'll teach her White, and you can teach her an element that she wants," he said where the crimson snarled at his self-centred offer to teach the girl a magic that was old and sacred.

"Not anyone could learn Dragon Slaying..." she began where Lucy clapped her hands together. "Can you both really?" she cried out.

She couldn't believe what she was hearing, and she was feeling ecstatic that the boys had offered to teach their magic to her. Knowing that they were on her side, possibly since they wanted to be on her good side and that she was a member of their soon to-be family, she was excited to learn more about them.
Her eyes bright and cheerful, she turned to Sakura. "You don't have to teach me everything. Just a few of the basics and I'll be good to go without having the need to worry about being seriously injured by them," she reasoned.