Sinister

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 61: Sinister

The disguised blonde really didn't understand why Lisanna didn't back away when she obviously knew how overpowered Sakura was compared to her. Standing on the other end of the training field where she looked at Lisanna talking to Natsu, she questioned herself one thing. Just what was her reason for falling in love for such a foolish man?

"Lucy?" Sakura whispered, snapping her out of her thoughts where she turned to look at her. "I'm sorry, what was that?" she replied.

Sakura sadly smiled. "I'm sorry for acting like this, but I couldn't stand the way she was spouting bullshit about you. As a dragon, I cannot let it slide, especially when it deeply involves my tamer," she whispered in which the blonde nodded her head. "It's alright. I was kind of expecting her to say all of that again." Her reply made the crimson frown with her eyes still red from her previous conversation with the white-haired girl.

As if Sakura was about to say something, she quickly closed her mouth as she narrowed her eyes. Her body poised as if she was about to tackle something, she gritted her teeth in frustration as Lucy placed her hand over her balled fists. "Enough. We'll settle this once the fight begins," she whispered, making the crimson bite the bottom of her lips where she briskly nodded.

The blonde was glad that her friend was listening to her instructions. To be honest, she really didn't want her friend to burn down the actual building, or to drown them all. No matter the issue, Sakura would always have thoughts to end an issue with destruction following her in every step.

Each time something was to happen, she would always have to be on guard.

Last time something happened, Sakura ended up flooding Igneel's cave and room since they both had a disagreement about Lucy being able to handle a staff that her dragon once used. Igneel told the crimson that she wouldn't be able to handle such a powerful tool, but Sakura disagreed, telling him that she'll be able to handle it since all knowledge and powers has been passed down to her.

Happy that Sakura managed to calm herself down, she turned her attention over to Makarov and Mavis who were watching them. Indeed, something was up when she noticed Sakura staring back at them with a straight face.

Grabbing her kimono sleeve, she gently tugged on it, attracting Sakura's attention. "Is there something I'm not getting?" she asked.

Sakura forced herself to smile in return. "You're not really missing out on anything. They just know how much I want to stain my clothes with Lisanna's blood," she replied where she then noted Mirajane walking to the side of the fence. "Mirajane is about to commence the fight. I'll handle Natsu where it'll be obvious that she'll charge at me, so intervene when you hear me click my tongue. When that happens, Ace and Yuuto will come out their gates just in case she does anything sneaky without notice."

Lucy nodded as she pretended to look nervous. Out loud, she told Sakura how uneasy she was to be fighting against such acknowledgeable people. Even if it meant her having to hold back her gag for saying such fake things about them.

Looking at Natsu and then to Lisanna, she waited for Mirajane to silence the crowd. "Alright! Last one standing shall be the winner. The winners shall receive Lisanna's necklace as agreed by both side!" Mirajane announced. "Both sides ready? Okay, begin!"

With a sly grin, Sakura bolted towards Natsu where she covered herself with water like a bullet. Piercing through Natsu's Fire Dragon's Roar, she jumped high into the air where she saw a flash of white hair in the corner of her eyes. Clicking her tongue, Lucy dashed in between the two of them in sync her wolve's appearance. "Celestial Dragon's Roar!"

Lisanna quickly backed away as she transformed into her cat form. "Animal Soul: Cat!" she cried out, using her hands to push herself back to attempt to kick Lucy who easily raised her leg and stopped it in ease. "What the -" Lisanna didn't get to finish that sentence when Natsu was suddenly thrown into her where they both rolled across the field.

Sakura landing on one leg as her wings stretched out, she snickered as she stood next to Lucy. "You're forgetting where I stand on the food chain," she mocked before standing there as Lucy raised her arm, creating a wall of stars which deflected Natsu's roar. "I can do this," Lucy whispered, dispelling her wall where she ran towards Lisanna with gold ribbons and stars followed fluttering around her arms.

The crimson running to the other direction, she ran in an arc where she connected fists with Natsu's flames. Both girls grinning, they kicked the back of their opponent's knees and punched them in the gut in sync.
Jumping back, Lucy did a backflip where they bent their heads back and took in deep inhales.

"Celestial Dragon's Roar!"

"Water Dragon's Roar!"

They both stood there for a moment. It was obvious to know which would handle the blow. When a few seconds had past, they flinched when suddenly a powerful ball of fire came to their direction through the flying dust.
Sakura pushing Lucy away, she swiped her arm across the air where a wave of water sliced the ball in half. An explosion erupting from both elements colliding, Ace and Yuuto came in between Lucy and their master and sliced the incoming smoke away. "Thanks," Sakura thanked before using her Sky Dragon Slaying magic to blow away the wind where Wendy watched in awe.

It seemed like Lisanna was able to avoid the blow from Lucy as she slowly rose from the ground. Lucy gritting her teeth, she was about to charge and do Celestial Dragon's Celestial Sphere until she heard Sakura's dark growl.

"I can see the doubt in your eyes, Natsu Dragneel! No matter how much regret you feel now, nothing compares to the pain you caused to Lucy!" Sakura boomed, where ice sprouted from the ground like growing lancers. Her eyes glowing brightly as she ran towards him, her katana appeared by her hand where it transformed into a scythe. With one swing, everyone held their breath as they watched everything slowly move in front of their eyes.

Slowly raising to stand up straight, she swiped her scythe to hang from her hold on the side. The ice shattering around Natsu, he widened his eyes as he slowly dropped onto his knees. Everyone expecting blood pouring or something like his body splitting in half, they all gasped when he gave out a wretched yell of pain where Sakura turned with her canines elongated.

Face straight as she stared at him, her lips slowly grew into a wicked smirk.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]