Unexpected Life

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 56: Unexpected Life

They've been riding towards Fairy Tail for a while now, and Sakura decided that it was best for them to rest for a bit since Ace and Yuuto were using their own powers to stay out of their gates. The two girls splitting their money to book themselves their own room, Lucy decided that it was best for her to rent the cheapest room. Sakura, on the other hand, decided that it would better for her to rent one of the expensive rooms since she wanted to take advantage of the mini fridge and luxury bathroom.

"So, we're not going to go back to Sabertooth by tonight?" Lucy questioned as they both walked up the stairs to their assigned bedrooms. Sakura nodding, she glanced to her tired wolf shifters. "I don't think straining the boys would be a good idea. Who knows if we may need support from them when something happens... Besides, your spirits right now are all too concerned about Loke and Aquarius to be fully concentrated in battle," she explained, smiling to Lucy as they turned into the hallway.

"We're almost there... Just under an hour till we reach the guild," Sakura reassured, looking around the hallway to find their rooms. Finding their rooms right next to each other, they stood in front of their rooms quietly. "We can't let you shift nearby Fairy Tail, right?" Lucy asked.

The crimson-haired girl awkwardly chuckled. "I accidentally shifted in front of them while fighting against Acnologia..." she said before dropping her smile to stare at the door with a conflicted look in her eyes. Forcing her to laugh, she unlocked her room and looked at Lucy. "I'll be resting. If anything happens, just give out a yell and I'll come running into your room," she said before entering room after allowing Ace and Yuuto to go in first.

Closing her door, Lucy frowned and entered her room where she was greeted with the cold silence which was a thing she wasn't used to after returning to the Human World. With a sigh, she dropped her bag near the door and walked into her bedroom where she jumped onto her soft bed. "I want to return home and be with Rogue," she whispered before rubbing her face into her pillow.
Her arms wrapping around her pillow, she gave another long sigh and pulled it closer to her. "I wonder why Sakura wanted to book another room when we could've shared..."

While Lucy found herself falling asleep while wondering what Rogue was doing, Sakura was walking towards her bed with her knights resting on the same bed but in their wolf form. The girl sitting on the edge, she sighed before pulling a small lacrima crystal out of her kimono sleeve. Placing it on her open palm, she used a bit of her magic to activate it where a screen appeared in front of her.

"Who are you trying to contact?" Yuuto asked, lifting his head up to look at the screen that was black.

Sakura looking over her shoulder, she was about to answer it until Grandeeney appeared on the screen with a look of confusion on her face. "Grandeeney..." Sakura began, looking all tense as she sat up straight.

The said dragon furrowing her brows, she tipped her head to the side. "You both couldn't find the crystals?" she questioned where Sakura stiffened and shook her head in reply. "The trees told me one thing that you all didn't mention to us when you told us about these crystals..." Sakura said before narrowing her eyes. Lifting her chin up high where her eyes began to glow, she growled as she stared into Grandeeney's eyes in annoyance before lowering her head so she couldn't strain her neck.
"They said that you need dragon's blood to activate the crystal. Why didn't you tell us this?" she questioned.

Grandeeney lowered her head in shame. It wasn't like her to lie but Igneel told her not to tell them since that would mean Lucy feeling sad for using her friend. Sighing as she glanced up to look at Sakura, she frowned. "We're deeply sorry for not telling you this fact... We just didn't want Lucy to feel like she's using you when you're a close friend of hers."

The crimson snarled. "I am her dragon. I am meant to be used. What dragon would not listen to their master?" she spat before calming down when she felt Ace and Yuuto's tails tapping her on the back.
Her eyes returning back to normal, she tiredly sighed and dismissed the call without any further traces of words being exchanged.

"I feel like you're not telling us everything Alpha..." Yuuto suddenly said. She looked over her shoulder with a sad smile on her tired face and slipped the crystal back into her sleeve. Looking down to her insignia, she just didn't know what to think after she heard the two words of warning coming from the trees that she talked to.

Her head turning to look out to the balcony doors where the birds flew past their balcony, she once again sighed and ran her fingers through her long hair. Frowning when she noticed how tangled her hair was, she growled before dropping herself onto the bed where she snuggled into Yuuto fur. "They told me to be careful... Just what is everyone hiding from us?" she whispered.
Nibbling the bottom of her lips, she furrowed her brows and sat up. "You know what? Thinking about this is getting on my nerves... Time to eat before I head to the bath," she muttered as she got onto her feet.

Turning to look at her wolves, she forced herself to grin at them as her hair fluttered in motion. Rolling back and forth on her heels, she skipped to the fridge where she opened it to find herself in food paradise. "Let's get munching, shall we?" she sang, grabbing a bag of chips where she spun around in their room with shining eyes. "No cake and sweets? No problem at all!" she cheered before she stopped what she was doing to glare out to her balcony when she sensed someone watching her.
Stopping her spinning, she and Ace slowly stalked towards her balcony quietly. Her arms pulling the doors open, she ran to the railings where she growled out loud in annoyance. "So, one of you are still alive?!" she boomed, glaring at the serpent what seemed to be smirking down to her.

The serpent smirking to the crimson with Lucy struggling to free herself from its hold, the blonde gritted her teeth. "Celestial Dragon's Roar!" she bellowed, releasing her roar down onto its tail where Ace jumped off the balcony to catch her in time.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]