Truthful

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 69: Truthful

The blonde couldn't believe it as she stared at the familiar crimson-haired girl that was softly smiling to her. With a huge smile on her face, she noticed how Sakura stopped smiling for a moment as she looked away from her and over to Rogue's direction. So being confused, she too dropped her smile and slowly turned over to her crush to find Rogue looking away from them in guilt before looking back to them with a forced smile.

"Lucy's been questioning us about when you're returning," he informed, trying to break the tension evident between the two of them where the crimson raised a mocking brow when the female blonde's eyes wasn't looking at her. She wasn't stupid to see that he was trying to lighten the mood, but she, being who she was, couldn't forget what he told her when he snapped.

Sting groaning when he heard his best friend say that, he gave Lucy an annoyed look where he rolled his eyes. "Just because I knew you while being a Guild Master, she kept on asking me where you lived and all, thinking I knew all of the answers," he complained, giving Sakura a 'What did you pull me into' look where the crimson chuckled and shook her head.

Lucy pouting, she snapped her head away from Sting and looked at Sakura with her smiling returning. "What happened anyways?" she asked.

"I'll give you all of the answers when we're done with this. Just... Just don't ask me-" Before she could get a proper reply from Sakura, Yuuto appeared by her side and whispered something inaudible to the girl's ear where she looked at the blonde with a saddened smile. "Unfortunately, I cannot stay to help you today, but I'll return tomorrow..." Sakura looked over to the old woman who looked back to her with a soft smile. The crimson returning the smile, she turned look at the blonde.
"I'll be bringing the two idiots to help and fix up their mess," she concluded before Yuuto opened a portal where she headed to it.

"I'll be back soon. Enjoy your stay here and I'm sorry for my dragons' behaviour," Sakura said where the last sentence was more directed to the elderly woman.

Lucy nodded before pulling away from her dragon. "Please don't vanish from me like before..." she whispered in a low plead. Her eyes begging where her tone was more than enough to tell the crimson that she didn't want her to disappear again without leaving a sign of contacting each other, she smiled when the dragon nodded her head.

"I will be back tomorrow... You all have travelled far and should rest up for the big day tomorrow. Even though the troublemakers were dragons, their punishment for almost destroying this place will be to assist you all with no magic but strength only," Sakura said before smiling to Lucy where she then vanished into the portal.

The blonde wanting to seriously ask Sakura if she should sleep over so they could catch up, she didn't have much of a choice when she saw how tired Sakura was in her new outfit which screamed out her status. Biting the bottom of her lips where she looked to the elderly woman, she waited for her to finish speaking to the citizens.

Not knowing that her eagerness to meet her dragon again was overwhelming Rogue, she continued to wait where Sting yawned out loud, attracting the woman.

"I'm sorry about making you three wait here... Allow me to show you where you'll be staying..." the woman, in which they all concluded was the Elder of the mountain village, said where she began to lead the way.

Sting stretching, he ignored her apology since she really didn't have to. The three of them following her, they found it suspicious as they passed the village where she guided them to a large tree. Her small body stopping, she turned to face them with a confused smile. "The Alpha dragon told me to bring you three here. I don't know what she meant by that, but considering my status, I cannot refuse her instructions to take you here," she explained.