Confession

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 73: Confession

She looked into his eyes that now held so many exposed emotions that she wasn't used to seeing before she got to know him personally and as an individual. He wasn't like this before and what Sting secretly told her, she was the one who changed him for the better good.
Staring at him with a soft smile on her face, she looked down to the ground. "I seriously don't know what I'd do if you guys were never there to help me," she admitted before clenching onto his sleeves.

A tear falling, she placed her forehead against his chest. "I feel so hopeless whenever I don't know what I'm doing, and my mind never fails to go crazy whenever you guys aren't around. When you're not there by my side, my body cannot function well..." she whispered. He pulled her closer to him once again. His body swaying, rocking them back to forth, he lifted his head up to the moon, wondering if Sakurine was somewhere out there watching them while biting her nails in agitation due to them taking too long to get to the main point.

"Well, you're not the only one who feels crazy," he confessed where she snapped her head up to look at him confused, but most of all shocked. Lucy's mouth opening and closing, she watched his eyes flicker around nervously before she looked down to the small space in between them. So, she wasn't the only one that felt useless when the other wasn't nearby them to function properly. "So, we're the same..." she muttered. Her head lifting to see that Rogue was intensely looking down to her, she softly smiled.

"I know right? I mean, when you're not around princess, I just don't know what to do with myself," a voice interrupted where both heads turned to see Loke flickering his eyelashes about.

Without knowing that a certain someone was watching them from the distance, it was obvious that the stalker face-palmed when they saw the stupid spirit appearing by the couple. Them shaking their head as they watched Lucy and Rogue pull away shyly, they gritted their teeth in annoyance. "He is the stupidest one there is, I swear," they grumbled before watching Loke go back into his gate.

The watcher creating large gusts of wind to distract the couple in the distance, they smiled to themselves when they watch the two head inside of the tree. Leaning against the try where they closed their eyes, they growled when two people appeared below them. "I know... Will talk to the two once more before they come with us," they muttered.
With the watcher disappearing, there was no one else nearby to listen to Lucy and Rogue's personal conversation.

"I'm so sorry about Loke..." she whispered where she looked down to their entwined hands. Her eyes staring at their hands, she still wasn't used to it even though this isn't their first time holding each other's hands.

Rogue shaking his head, he gently smiled to her. "It's alright. It's normal for them to worry about their master." His eyes scanning through the room where he landed his eyes back onto the blonde in front of him, he ran his free hand through his hair. It's been a while since they've been alone. He wasn't ready but he knew that it was the right time to do so. "So... We're mates..." he began, watching her snap her head up to look at him bewildered.

Humming, she nodded her head. "From what Sakura's been telling us, and from our close bond together... Yeah..." she whispered. "I thought they didn't exist, and that the tales of mates were made up and how we're supposed to find our own mates," he confessed, looking away when he saw her face drop to his words. "But, to be honest, I'm glad that mates are true though... I'm glad that you're my mate," he admitted, slowly moving his eyes over to her where he saw the hope in her eyes.

Her eyes staring into his, she pulled her lips up into a loving smile. "I'm glad that you're my mate as well... To be honest, when I'm with you, I never think about to Fairy Tail. You make me feel safe and protected."

"More than Natsu?" Rogue asked. The girl nodded, "You make me feel like myself. I don't need to hasten myself to keep up with your pace unlike Natsu who's always running around and sort of leaving me behind..."

Satisfied with her answer, he pulled her into a hug where he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "That's good. That means that you prefer me more than him. I'm glad that I have you here rather than watching you from the distance being all alone," he whispered as he placed his lips on the top of her head. "No matter what... I won't let you go back to Fairy Tail or even get close to Natsu..."

Lucy nodding her head, with a blush she hummed. "I love you..." she whispered, knowing that he could every word. He pulled away from her with wide eyes. A smile forming on his face, his face brightened to her words. "Again."

"I... I love you," she confessed with her face growing redder by the second. Gasping as he pulled her back to him, he placed his nose to the crook of her neck.

The woman in his arms just confessed to him and he never felt more accomplished than before. His heart beating wildly where he enjoyed the rhythm of her heart beating to his, he kissed the side of her neck. "I love you too," he said in a hushed voice. Both pulling away where they looked at each other in the eyes, they slowly leaned forward for a kiss. The warmth of their body temperatures wrapping each other where they felt comfortable and relaxed, their lips were about to meet until someone opened the door.

"Hey guy, I -" Sting froze where the two in front of them stopped with their eyes wide in horror. Sakura popping her head from behind Sting, she facepalmed when she saw the current situation in front of her.

The crimson reaching out to grab Sting's ear where she dragged the boy out of the room, she awkwardly smiled to the couple that were about to kiss. "We're sorry... Please continue without us interrupting," she apologised before closing the door, yelling at Sting right after the door closed.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]