Awakening Sacrifices

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 66: Awakening Sacrifices

The dragon's mate felt his connection with her slowly distinguishing which made him grit his teeth as he knelt on the cliff's edge. Not being able to hear any of her stupid thoughts, he balled his fists as he stared at the crashing waves which seemed to be reducing its strength by the very second.
His second nature was telling him that the water was mourning for the girl trapped on the bottom. He could tell that since Sakura introduced him to her element and was able to connect him to the element that he had much to learn about.

The water wanted to comfort him. They wanted to tell him that they'll protect her body when that time does indeed happen. With him holding onto his rapidly disappearing bond close to his heart, he was left alone in this vast world where the sounds around him came to deaf's ears.

He wasn't deaf, but he refused to listen even though the waves have settled down to grieve for the crimson in its body. He was starting to feel numb as his body began to fall in sync with Sakura's pain.

Indeed... Her pain will never be comparable to anyone else's. The sacrifice. The pain. The suffering. The numbness of her heart. No one will ever completely understand it like he did. The years of fighting for her affection and the outcome of it was enough to silence anyone that wanted to argue to prove her pain was nothing compared to theirs.

"She'll pull through..."

Takuto didn't say anything as he slowly looked over his shoulder to narrow his eyes to the older man that was like a fatherly figure to his beloved. Contemplating if he should through the man into the water which was his weakness, he was startled when another figure joined. "This is another challenge for the Alpha. She will complete it for her sake..." Grandeeney whispered, staring out to the calm water that refused to make itself present. "How could you make her do that?" he whispered, turning his eyes away to look back to his beloved element.

He could sense their anxiety a mile away. He knew that they were in doubt of his lover's survival against those heavy blows that he briefly witnessed.

"We didn't make her do that," Igneel reasoned.

He scoffed and slowly stood up, only to turn his body to fully face them with hate evident in his eyes. "Your silent actions and suggestions made her do it. You didn't want to risk another dragon's life to do it, yet you all sent her, a young dragon, to sacrifice herself," he glowered.

He wanted their blood on his hands, and he was much more powerful than them, so it'll be easy. No matter what, he wanted to avenge his mate until suddenly a pillar of water shot out in the distance. Shocked and bewildered, the boy snapped his head and widened his eyes as he spotted his beloved in the middle of the pillar. Hearing the woman speak beside him, he growled.

"We didn't want to do this, but with Zeref gone, the bonds of master and dragon have now been removed from everyone out there. Sakura has achieved her goal by doing this, and with her facing near death, she has now awakened her true powers of being an elemental dragon..." Grandeeney explained where Igneel took a bold step forward.

They all silently waited for the crimson to open her eyes. That body that once had holes in them was long gone as in front of them was a girl with madly long hair that danced to the winds created by the pillar. The waves around her danced to her overwhelming power. The clouds above her head were spiralling to her magic. The wolves that were accepted to inhabit this world slowly emerged from their dens and howled to their Alpha.

In this world, the four main elements shifted to her presence. In every corner, everyone could feel her magic. The magic that was once controlled by the previous elemental dragon.