Gift

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 75: Gift

Sakurine took them to the Dragon Realm in ease after making a detour to tell Sting that he'll be picked up by Ace and Yuuto a few hours later. The dragon taking them across the vast lands known to have tens of dragons roaming in their own unique domains, she stopped when the skies turned dark blue due to the scattered stars and planets.

"So, this is your new home whenever you come and visit us... We call this place Evergrande and this place was once ruled by your dragon Lucy..." said Sakurine as she landed, lowering her head so the Dragon Slayers could slide down. The dragon shifting back into her human form, she fixed her hair and smiled.

This place contained many memories for all dragons. In this very place, many dragons once came to release all their stresses and worries. Many dragons including herself.

The crimson walking over to a large oak tree, she softly smiled as she placed a hand on its trunk. "This place belonged to the celestial dragon, Starisha. She was a dragon that was respected by all, even to my mother," she explained as she gazed up to the tree before pointing to the crystal in Lucy's hold. "That crystal was made by using her scales. My mother, Julienne, then used her magic to crystallize it. That crystal will allow you both to enter her home."

Lucy looking down to the crystal, she held it closely to her chest. "Why here?" she questioned, watching the crimson look around.

Sakurine shrugged. "I don't know for sure but from what I remember from memory, Starisha wanted to gift this place to her futures. This is a place that soothes the hearts of the tired," explained the girl before her wings sprouted. "When you both feel like resting and entering the hidden home, hold the crystal close to your heart and call for the stars to show you the way." With that, Sakurine flew away, leaving them both alone in a very foreign place.

The blonde looking to her mate in confusion, he shrugged his shoulders as he walked over to her and held her free hand. "Well, now we don't have to worry about picking which rooms are ours when we come here," Rogue muttered as he looked around in awe.

Nodding her head, she too found this place unbelievably beautiful. Stars shining bright as the moon illuminated the forest surrounding the open place, they could hear the harmonious roars from the distance as dragons communicated with each other. The rippling of the water soothing as they echoed throughout the peaceful silence, it was a beautiful place for anyone that wanted space for themselves.

"There's a lake. Look at how beautiful it looks with those water lilies," Lucy pointed out as she marvelled the clear water that rippled each time the lilies would sway to the calming winds.
The water clear which allowed the couple to see the bottom of the lake that contained round rocks with star-shaped ones, it was surely deep since they could see how long the stems of the water lilies were. And like a painted picture, the illumination of the moon highlighted the water and the blooming zebra hollyhocks that appear to be slightly glowing.

Slowly walking towards the flowers, the girl smiled as she leaned forward. Tapping on a petal, she gasped in amazement when the flower closed itself for a few seconds before blooming. Her face lit up in awe, she smiled to Rogue who was too busy admiring her beauty. "This place is so beautiful..." she whispered.

"It's beautiful but not as pretty as you," Rogue whispered before both widened their eyes and blushed. Looking away shyly where he tried to compose himself, he took in a deep breath. His head turning back to Lucy, he blushed even more when his lips touched hers. "It's not really our first kiss. No one is here to bully us," Lucy confessed, looking to her feet where Rogue questioned the gods why she was so darn adorable.

His body moving where he gently pulled her along, he settled by the tree that Sakurine was admiring just moments ago. Pulling Lucy down to his lap as they gazed out to the scenic view in front of them, they snuggled into each other as he used his cape to keep them warm.

The silence between them soothing, they both closed their eyes and enjoyed their little zen moment. This place would be worth millions if it existed back in the Human World, but ignoring that thought, they remained breathing in sync until Lucy held the crystal to the night sky. "The home of the celestial dragon..." she muttered, admiring how the light of the moon refracted through the crystal.

Looking up to Rogue, she beamed. "I wonder if Starisha has a library in there," she mused where Rogue smiled and watched her place the crystal close to her heart. "Please show us the way to the house, oh stars of the Dragon Realm.

Her voice calm and relaxed, the stars above them began to shine even brighter as a beam of light came from a certain star. It's beam hitting the water where the couple rose from the ground, they approached the lake curiously before the female blonde gasped as she finally noticed the reflection of the night sky in the water.

A large house seen within the water, she looked at Rogue in bewilderment. "The house is situated in the water?" she questioned before he took in an intake of air. Rogue letting go of Lucy's hand to touch the water, he submerged his hand where he narrowed his eyes. "The water doesn't seem to be what we both thought it would be. It's like matter replicated to look like water," he examined before returning to her where she hugged him by the side of his waist.
"This magic... It tricks people to think that it's water with nothing hidden within it when there is in fact something," he concluded to which she hummed.

"So, this place will now be our second home I'm assuming - Whenever we visit this world with Sakura," she said as she stared at the house below. "This place will be where our children will play and learn more about the dragons... Our second home..." she whispered before tears began to fill up her eyes.

The boy nodding his head, he broke out of her hug and fell into the substance, pulling her along with him. Hugging her where he kissed the crown of her head, they sank into the matter which indeed seemed like water. Being able to breathe in it, they both noted themselves to question what the matter was before finding themselves touching the bottom of the lake where they faced a wooden door which belonged to the house.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]