Safe

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 43: Safe

He could see them. He could bloody see them as Zeref slowly approached the blob of water containing the certain blonde that they were looking for.
Clenching his fists, he intently listened to Zeref throw insults to the blonde that couldn't do anything but scream as she tried to flail around in her spot. His eyes narrowing down to Zeref as his heart ached in pain to her blood-curling screams, he soon widened them where Skiadrum explained the sight that they were seeing.

"My boy, that is what happens when you try to take the crystal... You will see what is hidden within them..." he whispered, feeling Rogue slowly stand up.

Below them was Lucy, captured and screaming in pain as she had long thin horns on top of her head with a dragon's tail. Her teeth having long fangs, she had her eyes closed shut, hiding away what may be a pair of feral, dragon eyes.

"Go... She's soon to lose everything to him so don't waste time and make every move count," Skiadrum whispered once more where he looked over to Weisslogia and nodded his head.

Both dragons soon tilting their bodies, a spear made of water suddenly came flying over to the shadow users where Skiadrum pulled back in time. Now they had unwanted attention. Their ambush plan had failed. "I thought that we hid both of our scents and presence?!" Skiadrum hissed as he dropped Rogue, using his tail to destroy a wave of water towards his son's direction. Roaring, he then bellowed, separating Zeref as he interrupted the crystal-taking.

"Shadow Dragon's Roar!" Rogue bellowed as he almost reached the ground. Sting already fighting with the girl who wouldn't stop throwing random attacks over to Skiadrum, he narrowed his eyes as he watched Zeref try to approach Lucy again where another roar shook the ground.

"This is getting too messy..." he whispered to himself as he looked over to Lucy with worried eyes. Knowing that Skiadrum had his back even though the girl was trying to distract the dragon, he dashed over to Lucy where suddenly a serpent came flying towards his direction.

Quickly jumping high into the air just before it was able to grab him, he covered his arm in shadows, "Shadow Dragon's Slash!" he cried out, punching the head of the serpent. He quickly flipped himself before he landed on the ground, ignoring the serpent as his clear goal was solely based on the blonde floating in the orb of water. His hand reaching out to her as he could almost feel her touch again, he yanked his arm back when a wave of black energy came in between.

"Did you honestly think that I'd let you rescue her?" Zeref asked.

The Shadow Dragon Slayer turned to only scowl at him. "You won't be taking her heart, nor will you be controlling Sakura," he said. Zeref smirked and crossed his arms. "Did Sakura not tell you everything? Taking her key is also one way to control her," he stated where Rogue balled his fists and gritted his teeth.

This man was talking as if everything was falling under his plan. As much as Rogue hated him, he hated how easy it was to control a dragon... A key for Alphas, or a crystal heart of a Celestial mage that will bind them to the owner.

"Lucy is not some tool for you to use. No one deserves to be a tool, especially if it involves you in the equation," he whispered which made Zeref scoff.
The man taking a few steps forward, he narrowed his eyes. "You do not know how much I desire to leave this world, though, destroying this world first seems more satisfactory to me," he said before looking over to Lucy.

Rogue stepping into his view which blocked the blonde from Zeref's sight, he narrowed his eyes. Ignoring the girl that was created from merely a page of his book, he glowered to the boy in front of him. "You think you're all strong, but I can easily end your life, boy," he spat before disappearing to only reappear in front of Rogue. "You're nothing more than an ant to me," he said.

"And you're nothing more than a slug in the mud, Zeref," another voice interrupted where Zeref sneered and turned his head to the crimson glaring at him. "Now that's the pettiest insult that I've ever heard of," he replied.

Sakura rolled her eyes before crossing her arms. "So how are you? I know that you've been working together with that pathetic former Guild Master that does nothing but thirst for power and domination?" she asked mockingly before poking her hip out to him.
She was trying to find time as she eyed the serpent that was already eyeing Rogue as he slowly crept his way towards the blonde. Sting unable to support him since he was too preoccupied with the girl, she knew that Skiadrum and Weisslogia were both being careful just in case they were to hit them with their roars and attacks.

"You could've chosen better, Zeref," she spat before she swung her arm up, creating a thick wall out of mud as a blade of black waves came flying to her. "It's one way or another to control you," he replied, snapping his fingers where a loud, thundering roar alerted them of Acnologia's presence.
Sakura snapping her head back, she hissed at Rogue for being so slow. Tipping her head back, she narrowed her eyes. "Stay back!" she yelled.

"Shadow Dragon's Roar!" Rogue bellowed, bellowing to the orb where it exploded once Sting was able to catch the girl off-guard. The boy catching the soaked blonde from falling to the ground, he looked up to Skiadrum who quickly flew down towards them where he jumped onto his back.

Sting gritting his teeth as he punched the girl once more, he too jumped high into the air where Weisslogia flicked his tail to the girl. Landing on Weisslogia, they quickly headed towards where the girl went, leaving Sakura behind to distract Zeref and Acnologia.

As they soared through the skies, Rogue hugged the shivering blonde closer into his chest. His eyes solely on her as she tried to find some warmth, he frowned before snuggling into the crook of her neck.

Taking a deep whiff of her scent, he sighed in relief.

"Is she alright?" Skiadrum asked, looking over his shoulder to see his son trying to warm up the girl. The dragon frowning as he got no reply, he turned to face forward again where saw the castle quickly approaching them. "I'll be heading into the castle in my dragon form alright?" he said once more before landing in front of the doors where it was quickly opened.

Skiadrum quickly heading through the hallways, he listened to his claws clattering against the floor. His heart beating fast for the sake of his son's mate, he had one main goal, and that was to bring them to Grandeeney.

"She's getting colder," Rogue whispered, trying to bring Lucy closer to his body. The Shadow Dragon Slayer's mind going berserk at the mere possibilities of being too late, he calmed down when they entered the room where the sky dragon was waiting for them.

"Oh dear! Bring her to me!" Grandeeney cried out as she got up from her seat. Igneel hastily following, he widened his eyes when Rogue snapped his head towards his direction. "Please heat up the room! She's getting colder by the second!" he yelled, making Igneel nod his head and increase his body heat where the temperature of the room began to steadily increase.

The boy jumping to Grandeeney with Lucy in his hold, he held her close to him as Grandeeney narrowed her eyes. "I know that you're not going to let her go, so I'll be healing the two of you together," the woman said before closing her eyes. "Sky Dragon's Healing Spell," she whispered.

He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through her wet hair passionately. Finally... Finally she was in his arms again...

"Thank god they haven't inflicted any injuries on you," he whispered, kissing the crown of her head where he snuggled into her. Slowly sinking to the ground, he ignored everything around him as he listened to her heartbeat.

She was safe. She was finally away from them - Those that were after her crystal heart...

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]