Unwanted Guests

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 32: Unwanted Guests

She took in a sharp inhale as she stared at the blaming ball of fire coming towards Sakura who was frozen in place with widened eyes. Her heart beating erratically as it filled her ears which made them throb, the blonde widened her eyes as a pulse ran through her body as her heart soon began to match Sakura's.
She knew that Ace and Yuuto weren't going to make it as they landed to only lunge their bodies forward to come between the two. It was too close for comfort, and Sakura couldn't react in time even if she wanted to.

Thump, thump, thump. That was all she can hear in her mind as Sakura's voice rang through her mind like a never-ending mantra.

As the flames came closer to them, she could feel its heat kissing her skin. Like the blazing heat from the sun that's hundreds of thousands of kilometres away from planet earth, she felt its burning warmth. It was getting hotter, and her body didn't like it.

She thought that it was over for her friend until voices snapped her out of her trance. They were calling for her, and for Sakura - They wanted to help, but they were too far away to make it in time. They knew that Sakura wouldn't be severely hurt, but they still couldn't stop themselves from worrying for her sake as friends.

Sakura was frozen, and she couldn't do a thing, but maybe she could. It was now or never for the blonde behind her.

"You have your dragon instincts! Show them what you're made of and you know that you're Celestial Dragon Slayer!"

She heard Sakura's one final last cry echo through her head, and that was enough to make her body erupt and react at a lightning speed. She was a Celestial Dragon Slayer - She controlled space!

"Celestial Dragon's Roar!" Lucy boomed, giving out a roar which pierced through the ball of flames slightly slower than the speed of light.
In slow motion, she widened her eyes as she watched her roar destroy the incoming thing. Watching the ball blow up where it created a lot of smoke, she used her arm to cover her eyes before opening them to meet everyone's shocked ones.

"A... A Dragon Slayer," Mirajane whispered in awe as she looked at Lucy with wide, bewildered eyes.

Everyone's attention on the blonde who was looking down to her palms in awe, she looked up to Sakura with watery eyes. "I did it... It was powerful, and I don't feel drained at all," she said quietly, meeting Sakura's proud and amazed ones. "You were amazing Lucy," Sakura praised as the boys landed on the floor with smiles on their faces.

"How is she a Dragon Slayer?! Out of all people that can be one, she is now someone that is a Dragon Slayer?!" Lisanna yelled, pointing to Lucy in rage. Her hands balled into tight fists; she narrowed her eyes in anger on the girl in front of them. "You gave her a lacrima to gain that magic, didn't you?! There's no way someone like her could be like them!" she cried out where Sakura growled alongside with Lucy. "Dragon Slayers awaken at different ages. She's a late bloomer, but still a Dragon Slayer," Sakura stated, glaring at the girl still on top of the table.

Lisanna shook her head. "She's a Celestial Spirit mage! She can't be a Dragon Slayer at the same time! That's absurd!" she argued where Sakura flicked her hair knowingly.

The crimson stretching, she stood in front of Lucy in pride. "A mage can have many types of magic within them. You just need to know what you're capable of, and by the sounds of it, someone's a little green in envy," she mocked before flicking her wrists.
Turning, she gently pushed the blonde towards the door and looked over her shoulder with a smirk. "You have a lot of work to do in order to control your pack of dogs, Makarov," Sakura mocked before leaving the guild with the others following.

Lucy looking over her shoulder, she couldn't help but smile in triumph since they were at a loss of words. Opening her mouth, she waved at them mockingly. "Who's weak now?" she said before turning her head to face the front again.

The gang leaving the guild, Sting asked Chaverine to transform into her dragon form at some secluded area. The dragon nodding where she transformed in the forest far away from the city, she soared through the skies, heading back to Sabertooth where everyone waited for them back home.

"You did well on reacting that quickly to save me," Sakura praised as she sat in front of Lucy with a wide grin.

Lucy smiling back to her, she closed her eyes and raised her head to feel the cool air sit her face as Chaverine flew them home. The girl sitting in peace, she snapped her eyes open when she heard Sting call out Sakura's name in panic.
In confusion, she opened her eyes in time when she saw Sakura jump down from Chaverine which made her widen her eyes in horror.

About to crawl to the edge of the flying dragon, Rogue pulled her back in with a secure hand. "Rogue?" she asked where he gave her a pointed look. "Don't jump into conclusions," he scolded, cocking his head up to make her eyes follow the direction that he was trying to point her to.

Her eyes looking up to the sky, she saw Sakura flying with a scowl on her face. "Unwanted guests," Sakura muttered, making them all freeze to smell the air around them.

The female blonde slowly getting up, she covered half of her face using her arm as the wind ran madly through her hair. Her eyes squinting as Ace and Yuuto appeared before her, they growled lowly before jumping down from Chaverine to easily land on the ground. Their paws beating against the cold dirt, they followed Sakura from below where suddenly a large boulder came flying up to them.

Chaverine roaring where she halted and flew higher in alert, she looked down to the ground to find both wolves chasing after three people that were jumping through the treetops. Scowling as she quickened her speed, she looked over her shoulder to see Rogue supporting Lucy from being blown away. Sting sitting there with his eyes squinting, he hissed in frustration as he complained. "And this is why we don't often bring the Exceeds," he said before crawling to the side to eye a certain girl jumping.

"White Dragon's Roar!" he roared, shooting down to the trees.

Ace and Yuuto jumping out of the way without needing to look to avoid the blow, they shifted into their human forms with swords in their hands. Jumping high again to attack the girl, she turned her head to look at them with a scowl on her face. "You dogs can go die here!" she boomed as water began to erupt from the ground like geysers.
The two of them jumping away, Sakura narrowed her eyes. "You two, return to your gates!" she yelled where they stopped running to look at her with widened eyes.

"But Alpha, there are three of them..." Ace said where she shook her head. Lucy leaning over, she opened her mouth and took in a deep inhale. "We're all dragons and Dragon Slayers! We should be fine by ourselves!" she cried out as the boys snapped their heads to her.
Ace and Yuuto smiling to themselves, they nodded. "If you both insist," Yuuto muttered under his breath before the two of them disappeared.

"We're bringing Lucy Heartfilia back with us!" the girl below them laughed where she jumped high into the air and onto the serpent-like creature that Lucy recalled them from before. Her eyes narrowing down to the girl as she came towards them by using her pet, she looked over to Sakura with gritted teeth.

"They are the same ones that had attacked me on that day!" Lucy stated where Sakura snapped her head to the two with glowing eyes.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]