Blush Away

Sweet Starry Shadows 
Chapter 74: Blush Away

The group remained quiet as Sakurine told them what they were required to do for the day. It was estimated that it'll take them all roughly two days to complete their job as the young dragons that caused the mess were going to their assigned roles without any magic as their punishment.
With everyone ready and now fully informed about their tasks, Sakurine took the dragons to the higher altitudes of the mountain, leaving Team Sabertooth behind by the blocked entrance.

"So, yeah... Annoying night that happened yesterday, right?" Sting began, bravely breaking the ice between them all as they examined the large boulders of rocks in silence.

Lucy blushing as she merged with Taurus, she shyly shielded herself with her hair as she used her magic to break a couple of large rocks on top of the pile. "I think we should finish this quickly..." she whispered, wanting to bury herself in a hole. Her eyes looking over to Rogue who returned a soft smile, she found herself smiling back where Sting found himself some guts to place his head in between the couple's line of sight with a wide grin.

"You guys were about to -"

The couple's face grew redder to each word he said before paling when they saw a figure appear behind the unknowing Sting. Their eyes watching as they could see the flames behind the person, they winced when the person elbowed Sting's gut before grabbing his ears with a smile. "You want to help me with my dragon work? Why didn't you say so," Sakurine flatly said with her smile still on her face. Her eyes wide with evil intent, she dragged the White Dragon Slayer with her.

"I was just joking!" Sting reasoned as he tried to pull away from Sakurine. Groaning in pain where he learnt his lesson not to pull away from someone pinching his ear, he began to sulk. His eyes looking at Lucy where he wanted her to rescue him, he yelped when Sakurine added more pressure onto his ear. "So, you wanted to train to increase your stamina instead? Why didn't you say so -" Sakurine began which made Sting widen his eyes.

Lucy watching Sakurine's eyes grow feral, she turned her attention to Sting who paled when he realised the hidden message under her words. Gasping when Sakurine let go of Sting's ears where she grabbed his clothes, she watched as Sakurine gritted her teeth, throwing Sting high across the air where she was pretty sure that the dragon had thrown him off the mountain. "Are you sure he's going to be alright after that?" she asked, hearing Sting's screaming in the distance.

Sakurine stretching, she chuckled. "I won't let him die. I'm just letting him experience the feeling of baby birds failing their first flight..." she replied before jumping high into the air where she grew out her dragon wings. With a wink, she told the two below her to continue. "I'll be back with the cockblocking idiot. Don't leave though, I have something for you two when you finish this..." she informed before flying away to catch the falling Sting before he becomes a human pancake for the animals to feast on.

The two Dragon Slayers not being able to say something after what they've witnessed, they turned their heads to meet each other's eyes where they froze. They were alone again and with them now knowing each other's feelings, their face began to flush pink. Feeling shy since they really were about to kiss last night, they went back to work in silence.

"I truly wonder the true story behind how Sakura and Takuto met..." Lucy whispered, voicing her honest thoughts about Sakurine's history with the mysterious Takuto. Pulling out her whip where she easily shattered a few more rocks, she looked over to Rogue who crumbled a few more after her attack. Since he wasn't saying anything, she was unsure of what he was thinking.

"They seem pretty much in sync most of the time... Perhaps they've shared their childhood together for them to know each other well," Rogue replied, turning to look at his mate with a smile. Going back to work, he went over to Lucy's side and gently pushed her back. Giving out a powerful roar where he pushed her further back to avoid any rocks from hitting her, he remained quiet when she followed his lead. "I wonder if we'll be like them..." he muttered.

The blonde smiled to herself as they waited for the dust to settle. Surprised when his hand entwined with hers, she looked to her feet shyly. "I'm sure we'll be in sync. I mean, we already are sort of..." she began. "She said that she'll be with us, always there to give us guidance. If anything happens, we could always ask her..." she concluded before using Celestial Dragon's Celestial Sphere where Rogue used the penetrating force of his magic to sweep away the remnants of the rocks away.

"So, you guys finished... Much quicker than having Sting around too," Sakurine's voice said.

The two turning around, they watched as Sakurine land gracefully on her feet. "Where's Sting?" Rogue asked, noticing how the crimson wasn't with a certain male that she said she was going to catch and bring back. Their face paling as they think of the impossible being a possible, they stared in horror where the crimson noticed and laughed out loud. "I didn't kill him! Nor did he fall to his death! I left him by the foot of the mountain, so he learnt his lesson not to barge into rooms," Sakurine reasoned.

"I wouldn't mind though... I'm pretty sure that the entire world agrees with me punishing him by letting him become a splattered human pancake," Sakurine darkly stated before dispelling her wings to walk over to the cleared entrance of the underground tunnel. Her eyes scanning the place to see if there were any weak and unstable places within the walls with her magic, she closed her eyes and nodded in satisfaction. "You both did a very excellent job. Good work..." she praised as she turned to look at the couple that were holding hands.

"You said that you have something for us after we finish. Do you mind me asking what it is?" Lucy asked, tightening her hold on Rogue's hand.

The crimson chuckled and smiled with her canines showing. "Your good deeds won the hearts of many people around the world. Dragons to humans that learned the true bonds of Sabertooth... They found me after they noticed my insignia and told me that they are rooting for your relationship to blossom even further..." she informed where the blonde tipped her head cutely to the side.

"They found out?" Rogue questioned. It wasn't the fact that he wanted to keep their relationship as a secret until they both confessed that he's asking, it was about the fact that everyone knew even though they've been secretly together.

Lucy began to blush once again to which Sakurine smiled to. "Everyone supports you both being together. Having a lot of support from others is one of the best blessings as mates," Sakura stated before pulling out a crystal that was hanging on a cord necklace. "Apparently this is a gift from the dragons. Igneel gave it to me. From what he told me; this crystal is a key to a magical place that now belongs to you both. A gift from the dragons to you both as mates..."

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]