Fake Selves

Sweet Starry Shadows
Chapter 59: Fake Selves

They managed to arrive to Fairy Tail safely without having the need for Sakura transforming into her dragon form. The four of them standing in front of the large guild doors which separated everyone from the guild, they adjusted their cloaks where quickly, Lucy looked over to Sakura who was scowling at a certain scent that was wafting into their noses. "Don't go storming in now..." Lucy whispered as she placed a hand over Sakura's balled fist.
The crimson stopping her scowl where she turned to look at her master, she sighed as she nodded her head in defeat. She knew what her master wanted to do, and she really didn't want to ruin this plan that Lucy had thought up of just a few minutes before their arrival to the guild.

"Alright, we're going to pretend that we're going to join the guild and ask if we can meet Makarov," Lucy whispered, reminding the girl of her plan where she watched Sakura nod in response. Nodding her head back, Ace and Yuuto proceeded to open the doors where they were welcome with loud cheers and chattering all around. Remaining calm as heads began to turn to their direction, they began to walk towards the centre of the guild where they stopped.

"Uhm... We're here to join the guild?" Lucy said out loud, her voice higher than usual since she didn't want to blow their cover.

Before anyone could open their mouths, Natsu and Lisanna jumped towards them where Lucy grabbed Lisanna's wrist with Sakura just simply stepping away from Natsu's direction. The guild all watching silently, they suddenly began to cheer. They were testing them, and Sakura lowly growled where Natsu looked at her in confusion.

Both girls moving away from the couple, they approached Mira at the bar. "We're looking for Master Makarov?" Sakura informed with a lower tone where Mira stopped what she was doing behind the bar table and smiled. "If you're looking for our master, he's right there by the table," she answered, pointing over to the left where both heads turned to see a fairly drunken old man sitting on the table with an empty beer cup beside him.

Lucy forcing herself to smile, she nodded her head. "Why thank you Mira-san!" she beamed before pulling along Sakura who rolled her eyes with both of her wolves following behind her in their human form.

As the girls approached Makarov, Lisanna and Natsu came in between them where Ace and Yuuto both narrowed their eyes. Indeed, they were foolish to bother their Alpha that was trying to get things done without wasting time. If they could intervene to reduce wasting the time that they all had, they would've thrown the two into the trash for being so cruel to their former guild mate and for not understanding that others had their own time to worry about.

"Hey! I'm Natsu Dragneel, and this is Lisanna! You two are fairly strong if we had to talk about what had happened just then!" Natsu greeted where Lisanna smiled to them with a sickly-sweet smile which didn't settle well in their stomachs.

Lucy pulling her hood down, she forced herself to smile. "I heard so much about your team! It's nice to finally meet the troublemakers here!" she said in sarcasm where she then looked over to Sakura. "My name is Emile, and the person that's standing next to me is my close friend named Ayu."
Sakura dipped her head into a polite bow before tilting her body to the side to look over Lisanna's shoulder.

While both mages were distracted by Lucy with her fake personality of an energetic girl that cannot stop talking at times, she met eyes with Makarov. With a flash of her glowing eyes, Makarov immediately sobered where he quickly got up and faked a cough. "I'm Master Makarov, please follow me to my office," he said, jumping from the table where he walked to his office with both girls following.

Ace and Yuuto remaining silent as they felt a pair of eyes on their back, they stopped midway and looked over their shoulders in sync. There on the second floor stood Laxus eyeing them where they heard Sakura's tongue click. "There is no need to tell him what we're doing. He knows just by seeing you two that it's us and no new people asking for a guild insignia tattooed onto their bodies," Sakura whispered into their minds through their connection.

Both boys nodding, they then turned to follow their Alpha. As the building began to grow louder and louder, the noise immediately stopped once the office door that belonged to Makarov closed shut with them standing in the middle of the room.

"It's been a while since I've seen you two... You both look very different," Makarov began as he sat in his tall chair with the help of some books. Sakura chuckling since she was finally able to be herself, she crossed her arms and leaned her weight over to her left leg. Her smile leaving her face, Makarov found her standing in front of him with a business-like expression on where he immediately sat up straight knowing that she wasn't going to fooling around at this point.

"Tell me the truth about the Starlite crystals. The truth has been hidden from us for too long," she said where Lucy looked at her in confusion.

Makarov placing his chin onto his entwined fingers, he looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean Sakura? The Starlite crystal..." He stopped talking when he saw how unimpressed Sakura was as she tapped her finger on her other arm. "The history between dragons and tamers... Is it related to these crystals?" Sakura asked.

With no reply, she finally knew the reason. She was about to confirm her assumptions until Mavis appeared in front of them with a small smile on her face. "No, that is not the case Sakura," she stated where Sakura narrowed her eyes.
Mavis was faint, but they both could still see her if they paid extra attention. "Starlite crystals have the power to absorb Zeref's magic, meaning that they have the power to protect people from his magic," she informed.

Lucy not understanding much of the conversation, she opened her mouth to speak. "Then how did Lisanna get the crystal? I'm pretty sure that you know that she has it, Mavis."

The First Guild Master of Fairy Tail looked at her with a pained smile of guilt. "I believe that you're here to take it?" She sighed when she watched both girls in front of her nod their heads. "I wanted to observe its powers a bit more but knowing Sakura, she has a better use for it than us watching over it," she confessed before looking back to Makarov who nodded.

Her attention back to the girls, she had no other choice but to tell them the truth of the Starlite crystals that they're seeking for.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/WHvW6MV]