Chapter 44: His Invincible Weapon

Start from the beginning

   I felt someone pull my up from my waist and I saw the ground getting further and further away. I was then pulled into an upright position and had my arm wrapped around someone’s shoulder. Zero.

   I pulled away a bit, “We need to help them,” I mumbled squirming.

   “Calm down. It’s unbelievable you survived. Catch your breath for a moment.” He pulled my face over to the side so I was looking at him. “Everything will be fine.” He said keeping a straight face.

   I then heard my father cried out in pain and I turned my head to see Shiki lash out with his Blood Whip. Rima leapt behind him throwing static and gushes of wind at him. He stepped back and put his weapon away facing both Shiki and Rima.

   “Vampires, you disgust me.” He said building pulsing power through his fingertips. If Shiki didn’t move he would get hit!

   I gulped loudly and took a deep breath, praying my call would reach him. “SHIKI!” I cried and fell backwards into Zero arms. That took a lot of effort.

   Shiki reacted and reached for Rima, picking her up in his arms and leaping out of the way of Dad’s raging power which took contact on the building behind yet not leaving a single scratch. Shiki then disappeared into the bushes, nowhere to be seen.

   “Come out Vampires! Come show me what you’ve got!” My father shrieked happily. I felt like vomiting at his laughter.

   All the Vampires slowly began to walk out and stand in front of him. They were all alright!

   “Ah, there you are.” My father said smiling. He wore a black trench coat and had the same colour hair I did. His hair flowed out to the sides a bit and had a beard of the same colour. He looked old with the lines of aging. His voice was deeper than I remembered. He seemed insane to me now. Hatred filled me just looking at him.

   “Zero,” I began, “They’re gonna die. We need to do something.”

   Zero thought deeply for a moment when suddenly Kurando flew down beside us. “I have an idea.” Kurando said lifting me up and flying into the air. Zero called out something but I couldn’t hear it.

   “Kurando! What the hell!” I cried and I looked down to see my father’s face. It was a mixture of surprise and terror.

   “Yuna!” My father called out chasing Kurando by foot. I now understood. Kurando was using me as bait to reel my father away from the Vampires! I wasn’t too sure if I liked the idea though…

   We eventually stopped flying near the entrance gates. He put me down onto the concrete and I lay there for a few moments until I forced myself to sit up straight. “Trust me on this gorgeous girl.” Kurando whispered pecking my cheek then flying into the sky again.

   My father raced to where I was a stopped about 2 metres away. “Why?” He asked as his face flooded with anger.

   “What?” I replied keeping myself sitting upright.

   “Why would you protect those foul creatures?!” He yelled pointing back to where all the Vampires were before. I stared at him

   “You hypocrite.” I replied angrily, “You’re working with one!”

   He spat on the ground and I found that disrespectful and disgusting, “You’re just as bad as them all.” He said walking towards me. “You’re filth, a lousy excuse for a daughter.”

   I then lost it. I screamed out in sadness and anger, tears rolled down my face. My powers didn’t seem to have any effect on my emotions this time. I thought I might have drained them with that massive energy release.

   I know I didn’t like my father but hearing him say those awful things really stabbed my emotions. I couldn’t keep it in. I wasn’t strong. I was weak. And knowing dad, he was going to kill me—with pleasure as well.

   “I hate you. Mum hates you. You’re a lousy excuse for a father, a human and even…” I forced myself now to stand up, trying so hard not to fall, “A Vampire Hunter!”

   I stared him right in the eyes. Those disgusting eyes I share with him. The exact same colour. Golden brown. Why does everything of me remind me of him; it’s disgraceful.

   He grinned at me and started walking towards me once again. I was scared.

   He began to laugh and suddenly a long Blood Whip was pushed over him and it whipped his back. Shiki had come and started to attack him. He saved me!

   Dad tried to dodge the Blood but it was difficult. He rubbed his hands together to form friction and create more power in his abilities. I watched for a moment before trying to run over to Shiki.

   Shiki leapt up and his Whip lashed him once again, this caused the power in his hands to fade. I tried to run faster but my running seemed so slow. If I went any faster I’d fall down. Shiki… I thought beginning to walk.

   My father pulled out his long sword and swung it, cutting Shiki’s arm! Shiki fell to the ground with a yell and held his arm.

   That’s when I began to run faster and I skipped past my father. I lunged myself at Shiki holding him in my arms while I was on my knees. He was shaking a bit and I saw fear in his eyes.

   “It may just be a cut but it probably hurts a lot more.” Dad began to laugh. He then saw how closely I was holding Shiki. I glared at my father. “Oh Lord. Of all people in the world you fall in love with a foul, disgusting creature. You sicken me.” He said pulling his weapon backwards a bit. “I can kill you both in one go.” He laughed.

   “Shiki,” I whispered and he put his hand on my wrist pushing his face into mine, “I love you.” I finally said. Tears then rolled down my face and onto his. This was it, I thought.

   “Goodbye!” My father cried pushing the sword forward!

   I heard it slice through something but not myself. I glanced up and blood was sprayed over me and Shiki. I wiped the blood from my face and heard groans of pain and saw Kurando hovering over both me and Shiki. The sword through his stomach…