54

"C'mon, you're late to your own meeting." I said as I grabbed his hand into mine and quickly began walking only to have him stop me and walk over to the dead walkers that were pilled up.

"Wait, I have to do something with these." He said as he picked up a walker's body and threw it over his shoulder and grabbed my hand, causing me to chuckle at his actions.

Soon we made it to the meeting where we heard them talking about him which really pissed me off. When we entered the area, he was quick to drop the body right in front of everyone, where they all gasped, like it was their first time ever seeing a walker.

"There wasn't a guard on the gate. It was open." Rick breathed out, clearly tired from it all. I could feel the blood on my face and hands and clothes, drying, close to hardening.

"I asked Gabriel to close it." Spencer said causing me to look up. Deanna yelled out for him to go, possibly to go check it out and make sure it was.

"Rick didn't bring it in. The door was opened, Rick closed it, Rick saved you all, just like the many times he has before, you may not have noticed or you may not have seen it as saving you but he did, because he didn't have to tell you he killed every walker he saw, if he didn't, you would still be here, talking about how his saving you is actually endangering you, its not, you're all just so delusional here that you don't know what saving is, we've been there longer than you, we've experienced things no one should go through, if Rick thinks that we should have weapons inside the walls, it's because we should, because we've been through things where we possibly could have needed them in a case of danger. If he thinks there should be a guard at the tower, its because we've been through a time where we never saw anyone coming because we weren't keeping watch, so everything Rick says we need, it isn't so you all hate him, and think he's crazy or trying to change this place. He is changing this place, for the better, you just don't see that because you're all scared of change and you're scared Rick might kill you. Get over yourself, learn how to take charge, learn how to save yourselves. So no, I don't think you should kick Rick out, because you all would die without him, just like I would too." I said to them all, finally looking over at Rick who was holding my hand tightly.

After some silence, we heard footsteps, and as I didn't see Maggie, I assumed it was her. Instead, we were greeted by Pete, carrying Michonne's sword in one hand.

"He's not one of us! He's not one of us!" He yelled as he got closer. Reg walked up to him, slowly lifting his hands up in surrender to try and stop him.

"Get the hell away from me Reg."

"Pete just stop" Reg begged, getting in the man's face, trying to stop him from doing something horrible.

There was small arguing between them before Pete pushed him away and sliced open Reg's throat. I gasped as I saw what unrolled in front of us. Abraham quickly had tackled Pete to the ground which was good, so he wouldn't do anything stupid.

Deanna was crying harshly, she was begging for Reg not to die, it was clear. My heart ached for her but I wasn't going to show that. Not here.

"It's him! This is all him!" Pete continued yelling as Abraham was grabbing his arms backwards so he wouldn't do anything.

Rick had let go of my hand after Reg had fallen to the floor and was now walking towards the front where everything had taken place.

As I looked around, I could see how the others were crying, horrified at everything, while my people were calm. We've seen things worse, of course this wasn't going to haunt us or anything like it probably would for them but we were definitely stronger.

"Rick..." Deanna began.

"Do it."

Rick pulled out his gun and quickly shot Pete in the head.

"Rick..." Said an unfamiliar voice, followed by a dark skinned man who was between Aaron and Daryl.

Who was he?

 ***********************

A/N

I'm super late, but MERRY CHRISTMAS to those of you who celebrate it! I hope you had a wonderful time and hopefully received what you wanted!