| 21 |

It was early morning when I heard someone knocking on the bars of the cell. I woke up, covering my eyes from the sunlight. I opened one eye to find Rick standing there. "Good morning." My voice cracked.

"Morning." He said as he sat next to me. "Going to need your help right now." he told me as he began getting up again. "Yeah, let me just change and brush my teeth okay?" I muttered. He nodded before heading out the door.

I picked out my black skinny jeans along with a maroon shirt and my boots. I put my clothes on before heading towards the restrooms. We finally were able to get showers. With the help of some of the people from Woodbury, we were able to set up some showers.

I did my normal routine of brushing my teeth and combing my hair. I headed towards Tessa's cell before heading outside though. "Good morning Amy!" She exclaimed at me as she jumped into my arms. "Hey sweetie how are you?" I asked her as I brushed her soft blonde hair. "I'm okay. Are you and Mr. Grimes doing okay?" She asked me causing me to smile.

"Tessa, you shouldn't be asking personal questions" Her mother, Sofi, said. "Oh no, it's totally fine, and yes, we are doing great." I smiled at her. "Guess what I got for you?" I asked her. "What?" She asked curiously with a smile.

I reached from my back pocket and pulled out a small doll that i hid there until I gave it to her. It reminded me of her. Except the hair, the doll had brown hair and Tessa had Blonde hair. "Thank you so much Amy! I love you so much!" She yelled at me as she hugged me tightly.

Tessa was about 7 years old. Her father had died early in the apocalypse so it was just her and her mother. It was amazing the things they had to go through in order to survive, but even I would do anything to protect this little angel. I looked over to Sofi who began coughing relentlessly. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded as she grabbed a napkin and coughed into it. "I think it's just a cold." She smiled at me. I nodded as I looked back at Tessa.

"I want you to take care of it okay?" I asked her as she pulled away from the hug and nodded innocently at me. Suddenly the sound of a gunshot ran throughout the air. I gave a confused look before hearing another one.

I quickly set Tessa down and locked her and her mother inside the cell in order for them to be safe. "Tessa, sweetie listen to me, I want you to take care of your mommy, okay I'll be right back." I said as she nodded continuously.

I ran as quickly as I could outside to find Rick running towards me. "What cell block?" He yelled out. "I don't know!" I yelled back.

"Walkers in D!" Glenn yelled next to me. "What about C?" He yelled back. "It's clear I was just in there!" I yelled to him. "We locked the gates to the tombs. Hershel is on guard." Sasha said as we began running towards cell block D. "It ain't a breach." Daryl muttered as he began running with us to the cell block.

We burst through the doors to find a massive scene unfolding. I took the gun out of a man's hand quickly and began shooting at the walkers that appeared quickly. "Are you bit?" I asked the man, he shook his head quickly. "Go! Get out of here!" I yelled at the people who began rushing down the stairs.

"Go, go, go!" I yelled at them as I handed Rick the shotgun and began rushing through the crowd of people. I encountered a man who had his face bitten off. I quickly slashed his face with a machete I had found on the floor.

I looked forward as I saw a little girl being cornered by a walker. I rushed towards it and slashed the head and picked her up quickly in one hand as I ran towards Karen who was taking people and kids into her cell. "Here" I said quickly.

I let her take her before rushing around shooting and stabbing walkers. I looked around and noticed the pile of bodies. I wasn't sure which were walkers and which were dead people or even if there were still walkers, due to the fact that people were screaming relentlessly.