39

We were running on no food nor water. We were practically dead. Every now and then we would stop the one running vehicle, park it, and go into the forest to hunt and scavange for anything, everyone participated.

It was a day and a half after when Daryl, Sasha, and Maggie had returned from their scavange hunt only to return with no food either. Just like the rest of us.

Soon we were back on the road, to god knows where.

After a couple miles, we heard the engine sputtering and come to a complete stop. "It was bound to happen." I huffed. I got out of the front seat as I carried Judith in my arms. Rick walked over to me as he took her from my hands.

We were on the main road, the one that looked exactly like the other twenty we had also drove on. Sometimes it felt like we were going in circles but accoridng to Eugene we were headed north the entire time.

We looked like a damn herd walking all together down the street. Daryl turned around covering his eyes from the sun. Rick and I both looked back at the walkers at the end of the street. "We're not at our best, we'll get them when its best. High ground, something like that. They're not going anywhere" He explained to us.

It was quiet for a few minutes before he spoke again. "It's been three weeks since Atlanta, I know you lost something back there." Rick said as he looked towards Daryl.

Judith began fussing in Rick's arms, " She's hungry." Daryl ignored Rick's statement. "She's okay. Shes going to be okay." Rick said as he picked her up for a better grip.

They started talking about how we needed food and how we were for sure going to hit some up down the road.

"It's going to rain soon." Rick stated as we all looked at the sky. Daryl then informed us he was going to head out, to see what he could find, he handed me the gun he was carrying around and that's when I heard Carol say she was going with him and how he wasn't going to stop her.

It felt like miles as we continued down the road. More and more walkers gathered behind us causing a herd.

Sasha wanted us to take them but I just explained to her how we clearly weren't at our best like Rick said and that we barely had anything to fight with.

We crossed a bridge and Rick hoped for there to be a river under it and sadly there wasn't. Suddenly the sound of growls was heard from in front of us, that's when we noticed the herd coming at us.

Rick gave Abraham a nod, followed by one to the rest of us. We all slowly locked our eyes into a walker and tricked it into thinking it would come at us and then quickly pushing it to the side of the road where it would fall down.

Almost all of us did that until Sasha drew her knife into the skull of one causing the entire plan to go downhill.

"Stay in line. Flank her." Rick demanded as we all took our weapons out and began killing them. At the corner of my eye I could see Sasha ignoring Michonne as she tried to get her away.

I understood Sasha wasn't at her best, neither of us were, but still.

Suddenly I saw Glenn go down on the ground followed by seeing a walker grabbing onto Rick's arm. I rushed over quickly, jamming my knife into the walker's head and nodding to Rick. I helped Glenn up. Suddenly, Daryl jumped out of the woods killing most of the few walkers that were left.

"I told you to stop." Michonne said sternly at Sasha who stood up and gave her a look. I for sure thought she was going to try and kill her or something but instead Sasha walked away, sticking her knife back into the holster.

Soon we were back on the road and before we knew it, we were in front of a pile of cars all scattered across the road.

Daryl, again, was heading out to the woods and wouldn't let Carol tag along.

After a while we sat down, all of us, and decided to take a breath.

"So all we found was booze?" Tara asked. "Mhmmm" I replied as I lied my head down on Rick's shoulder. Abraham began drinking a bottle of liquor which we found in a car.

They began discussing of how things could get worse, before we heard growling, and not the normal kind we usually do. We all shot up as we saw a group of dogs, snarling at us. My heart fluttered, I don't care if they were barking at us, or nearly going to kill us, they were just afraid.

Everyone got defensive as if they were going to kill us or something. "Guys--" I was cut off by bullets going through the dogs' heads. They dropped to the ground. I looked up to see Sasha holding up a gun, luckily with the silencer on.

"What the hell is your fucking problem!" I yelled at her as I stood up and got in her face. "Amy" Rick said as he grabbed my arms trying to pull be back but he was doing easily which allowed me to stay in front of her.

"They were gonna kill ya'll" She said with a serious face on. "Like hell they were, trust me I fucking get it, you lost someone. Maggie lost someone too! You don't fucking see her going all stupid killing every little thing that moves. You're brother was a good man, stop acting like everything that moves or breathes was against that. Get your head out of your ass and then quit acting the fuck up." I yelled in her face.

I didn't regret anything, lately she was pissing me off and I couldn't say anything. "Alright come with me." Rick said as he pulled me back harder and took me further from everyone else.