34

I shot open my eyes and was quickly hit with a powerful slap in the face by sunlight. As i adjusted my eyes to the light, I moved around where I was. I was lying on a comfy mattress. Once my eyes were adjusted I looked around. I was in a hospital, that was for sure. I could tell by the smell and well not to mention the needle sticking into my arm and the IV cart next to my bed.

I stood up slowly and looked out the window. In front of my eyes was the city that was once so beautiful and instead, it looked dead and ugly. Not to mention the walkers that were very noticeable from even up here in this building.

Building?

Holy crap, I was in a hospital with God knows who and with a needle in my arm. Suddenly I heard the door open and in came a police officer and a doctor who seemed nervous.

"I'm Doctor Steven Edwards. This is Officer Dawn Lawrence. How are you feeling?" The man asked. "Where am I?" I ignored his question quickly. "Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, how do you feel....?" He trailed off.

"Amy." I answered quietly. "Okay well Amy, you were found on the ground, Officer Dawn's colleagues were the ones that found you and brought you in as quickly" He explained. "Found? I was hit by a car by YOUR men, do not try and change this around." I quickly backfired in anger.

"We saved your life, if we hadn't found you, you'd be a rotter by now, so, you owe us." She said before she walked out of the room quickly.

"Dont mind her, she can come off as harsh at first but sooner or later you'll warm up to her" Doctor Edwards smiled uncomfortably. "The people I was with, they were in another building, where are they? I need to get back to them" I began raising my voice, causing me to sit back down due to the sudden light head that rushed over me for doing things too quickly.

"We only foudn you, if we had seen anyone else I'm sure we wouldve gotten to them too but we only found you, my apologies." He explained.

"I need to get out of here, now!" I yelled out causing him to pin against the wall. "Well, I'm sorry but Dawn and the rest have this system going around where as long as they save you, you owe us and well you havent really done anything for us so..." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I havent done anything for you? Oh really, try the fact that for one I haven't killed you yet and secondly, the food I brought, thats for my group not yours but I'm sure you took it, so keep it, but let me go right now before you regret it." I threatened quickly.

"I'm sorry." was all he said before he quickly rushed out, allowing me to follow right behind.

He walked into what seemed like a patients room. "What is this?" I asked as in front of my eyes appeared a man on machines of all kind clearly helping him breathe. "We found him under a bridge, cardiac arrest and extreme dehydration and yeah thats it." He said as he walked over to a machine and turned it off and quickly after the sound of the man flat lining was heard.

"Thats it?" I asked in shock, " If patients dont show improvement then well, Dawn calls it." He said heading towards a tray with knifes and taking one and putting it through the mans head.

After a couple minutes, we pushed him out the door and began pulling him towards whereever he was going to be put.

"You know, a girl, a little younger than you came in maybe a couple days ago, if you want I can show you her room so ya'll can I don't know maybe be friends." He smiled

Edward stopped to talk to Dawn and after a couple of minutes we went through double doors and dumped the body down the elevator shaft.

Edward let me go get lunch after checking up on some more patients, and even though I was still pissed at everyone here, that wasnt gonna stop me from getting food in my stomach after a while either.

I walked into the cafeteria room and took a tray in my hand and began getting food into my plate. Suddenly a cop stood in front of me across the line table.

"We had a lead up on some guns, that's when we saw you, you looked so defenseless so fragile, I just had to bring you in to be safe." He said in a creepy voice.

I stayed quiet and continued filling up my plate with as much food as possible. "You don't remember me, huh?" He questioned looking down at me.

"I was just trying to cross the road, suddenly everything went black." I answered finally and continued getting more food. "I'm Gorman. You know, when someone does you a favor, its nice to show some appreciation. Unless you want me to write down everything you're taking. Everything cost something right?" He finally finished.

"Yeah, maybe you're life will be something. So how about you shut the hell up and let me eat my damn food, because I didn't ask you to save me. But thanks, if that's what you've been fishing for then you got it pal."

I walked away after that and made my way towards Edwards office so he could take me to this girls room. "Do you mind showing me towards that girl's room, I think I wanna meet her now." He nodded quickly and stood up from his seat and taking my tray from my hands, offering to hold it for me as we walked.

"Hey, brought someone over, thought you might wanna chill with some people or a girl" Edwards said as he finally moved from the doorway letting stand through it.

When I saw who it was, my heart skipped a beat, and I felt my hands start shaking, but without a doubt I ran over to Beth quickly.

"Beth! Beth! How? When? Beth oh my god! Are you okay? How are you?" Finally I closed my mouth and hugged her quickly, embracing her for as long as possible.