| 8 |

I was so tired. Tired of running. It felt as if I had gone through the same hallway over and over again. I had to be careful to not be seen by the walkers. Although every time I did encounter one, I either ran or actually fought it.

My hands and arms were weak, as well as my legs. I couldn't run anymore, but knowing Carol was depending on me to get her help was the only thing that kept me moving.

As I made a turn, I think I would have called it the worst thing i could possibly do. Tons and tons of walkers scattered the hallway. They were at a good distance but I could still smell their rotten stench.

As I backed away a little, they began coming from the direction I had come from. Not as many were there but still a good amount for me to not be able to fight. I longed for them as I continuously stabbed them in the head.

When only a couple were left I made a run for it.

Many began appearing in every hallway I wanted to go to. It was pitch black and the only light that was visible was the one from down the hallway but I had already been there and nothing.

My breathing became heavier by the second and it felt as if in any second now, I would just fall.

Although I kept running or sprinting really.

I kept running because I still owed it to my dad to try and survive.

Maybe it was him or maybe it was Carol, I don't know but whatever it was, I sure as hell knew it was helping.

As I turned into a hallway, with the dead right on my tail, I ran to the end of it, already with the idea that there was going to be more hallways, but there wasn't. It was a dead end, and the rotten stench of them was getting closer and closer.

I hit the wall in hopes that somehow a wall would appear.

Ha. Silly me right? Well I guess you do things when you are afraid.

As I threw my hands in the air in frustration, I felt something on the wall. As I searched for it, I found it was a door knob, I opened the door quickly and slipped my way through and closing the door harshly on the walkers arm.

It seemed as if it was even more darker in this room. You know, since there wasn't a light at the end like in the hallways.

I put my hands out in front of me and tried feeling anything, all I felt were rusty old tables. A few chairs brushed my fore arm but that's it really.

I heard the walkers just outside the door but as I got further away, more walkers were heard by maybe another door in the back.

I sat in one of the chairs and calmed myself down.

I decided that catching my breathe would be an easier decision than going straight to where the walkers came from.

I had to hurry up and find someone to help Carol, although by now I'm pretty sure I had already forgotten where I came from, I tried remembering the turns I made but lost them once all hell broke loose.

Once I had caught my breathe, I stood up and longed for the door. To my surprise, I was hit with the shinning light of the sun peering through the fences.

I was broken by my thoughts by the walkers throwing themselves at me. To my luck, my knife was already in my hand so I, with no doubt, pushed it inside the walkers head and aimed for the next one.

Although my arms were weak and I couldn't throw them at the walker, so before I knew it, I was pushed down by a walker, I hit my head on maybe the wall, but luckily wasn't hard enough to knock me out. As I tried to push the walker off of me, I managed to drop my knife.