| 27 |

It was dark out. Again. I was awake with Carol and Lizzie who refused to go to sleep because she wanted to make sure everything was fine. We were under a bridge for trains.

"You can sleep Lizzie." Carol told her. "If there's any trouble, I can take Judith." Lizzie explained causing me to smile at how much she seemed to care for everyone's safety. "I can help." She chimed.

"You really think you can help me?" Carol smiled at her. "I know I can, ma'am." Lizzie said in formality. "Amy, right I can?" She asked me. I smiled at her and nodded at Carol who gave me a smile in return.

"I wonder if there'll be kids there. Do you think there will?" She asked aloud. "At Terminus?" She asked once more. "If their parents kept them safe. Just like Amy and Tyreese kept you safe." Carol spoke. "I saved them both." Lizzie said as she looked at me.

"People were shooting at them and they were hiding, I shot them. First a man, then a woman. I didn't want to shoot her in the head" She said innocently.

"But you had to. They would've turned you did the good thing Lizzie. You saved them." Carol said trying to comfort her.

"Maybe there will be kids there. Even if they're parents couldn't keep them safe, maybe they are there. Maybe they kept their parents safe." Lizzie said in hope. "Yea." I whispered.

"Did you have kids ma'am?" Lizzie asked. Carol nodded. "I did. A kid. A daughter actually." Carol's soft voice spoke. "What was she like?" Lizzie asked catching my attention. I had no idea Carol had a daughter. " She was sweet. She was never mean." Carol said smiling to herself as I knew she was remembering an image of her daughter.

"Is that why she's not here?" Lizzie asked causing me to frown. It bothered me so much how she asked personal questions that would hurt someone's feelings as a reminder of someone they used to know, or anything in particular to someone that would cause a frown on their face. I get it though.

"Yea." Carol whispered, pain clearly in her voice. I know she wasn't trying to sound hurt but I know, loosing a child is always painful, and remembering about it hurts even more. Trust me.

"Did you have kids Amy?" Lizzie asked me. "Yeah, a baby boy." I smiled to myself as well. "Why isn't he here?" She asked me causing me to loose my smile. "He was too young for this world." I told her as I smiled through the pain in my chest that grew bigger and bigger.

Carol looked at me with confused eyes. I nodded to her so she could know that it was true. " Do you miss him?" She asked me. "Every second of every day." I whispered. "Go lay next to you sister Lizzie." Carol spoke. "Ma'am I can help--" Lizzie tried reasoning.

"I'm going to need your help tomorrow, so go rest." Carol informed her as Lizzie nodded and stood up and laid down next to her sister. Tyreese began sweating it was visible from where I was. He was mumbling words, for sure it was a nightmare. I held onto Judith. She was peacefully asleep that was good.

*

It was day time and we were already up, right now we were looking for blood. How weird does that sound. No but it was for Tyreese. Carol said it was needed for Tyreese's wound. I actually never knew about it but it was great that she knew what to do.

"Found some!" Lizzie said from a tree, I looked at her and smiled as Carol walker up to her and grabbed her shoulder thanking her. She took her knife out and began putting her knife against the tree to collect the blood.

She walked over to Tyreese who was taking his bandana off. Bloody bandana may I say. She spread the blood over his wound as he winced in pain.

"It should fight off the infection and might even bring down your fever right?" I asked Carol as she nodded to me. They began speaking as I hummed to Judith quietly.