41

Sasha gave him a look before walking over to him and handing him the bag.

"Front pocket, there's an envelope. There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those. Now I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last--" He was cut off by Daryl telling him how no one gave a shit.

He continued ranting about how the first picture was the wall that was built surrounding the community. Which is what kept them safe and how nothing dead or alive would go through without their say so.

As he told Rick to look at second picture, Rick picked himself up from leaning down and walked over to him giving him a good punch that knocked him out.

I gasped at the sudden action that took place before me.

Rick quickly began telling the other to keep watch because someone was for sure going to come after us. "We don't know how or when but they will, we need to be ready when they do." He spoke out.

He had Carl empty out the backpack that Aaron carried to be sure we knew who this man was exactly.

We found a bunch of baby food that Aaron carried followed by a flare gun and other things.

"That's hell of a right cross there, Rick" I heard Aaron say as he grunted. "Sit him up." Rick demanded to them.

"I think it's better if--" Maggie was cut off by Aaron telling her it was okay for her to sit him up.

"You're being cautious, I totally understand--"

"How many of your people are out there? You have a flare gun. You have I to signal your people. How many of them are there?" Rick asked sternly.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes" Rick replied to him.

"I mean, does it matter how many I tell you? I could say there zero or a thousand and you still wouldn't trust me" Aaron said

"Well. its hard to trust anyone who smiled after getting punched in the face." Rick replied quickly. "How about a guy who leaves bottles of water for you in the road? " We all looked back to his backpack which had the same water bottles we had seen on the road.

"How long you people been following us?" Daryl asked getting closer. "Long enough to see that you practically ignore a pack of roamers on your trail. Long enough to see that despite a lack of food and water, you never turned on each other. Except maybe when Amy did to Sasha." He replied as everyone looked at me.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I felt my face get red from embarrassment.

After minutes of listening to him try and convince us, he suggested he drove us to the community. All of us apparently. He explained how him and his friend drove separately because they wanted to be sure to have space for anyone they might've seen.

"I'll check out the cars." I said as I walked forward.

"There aren't any cars." Rick whispered slowly. "There's only one way to find out."

"We don't need to find out." He replied.

"We do." I said looking him in the eye. "You know what you know, and you're sure of it, but I'm not." Michonne pitched in.

Maggie agreed with her. Rick told them how their way was dangerous and his wasn't.

Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, and Abraham we're going to be on their way to check it out. Rick of course wouldn't let me go.

Rick then told everyone else besides me to go find a place with good eyesight. He knew we would all be a target if we were in the barn all together.

Aaron spoke to us about how he delivered medicine and food as an NGO back then and had bad people point guns in his face every other week and he knew we weren't bad people.

"Just because we're good people doesn't mean we don't kill." I said as I picked up Judith.

"If the five of them aren't back in sixty minutes, I'll put a knife in the base of your skull."

I hated it when Rick talked that way, it gave me goosebumps as if one day he would talk to me that way.

***

Judith began crying uncontrollably in Rick's arms, I could see he was getting stressed.

"Shit." He whispered under his breath

"Here, I'll take her" I said as I stuck my arms out.

"You aren't her mother. Quit acting like you are" He yelled at me causing me to give him a shocked look.

I felt like heart sink quickly. I knew I wasn't her mother, how could I be. All I wanted to do was help him out a bit. I wasn't sure if maybe I was acting as if she was my daughter. Was I?

"I didn't mean--" He tried speaking but I cut him off, "No, I know what you meant." I said as I stood up and walked away passing Aaron.

I opened the barn doors slowly.

"Amy, you need to stay in, they could be out there" I heard Rick say to me. "Well lets hope they don't kill me right." I said quietly and walked out with no doubt

As soon as I heard the door shut behind me, the tears felt. I never thought of Rick as someone who would ever talk to me that way. Let alone say I wasn't Judith's mother, of course I wasn't, could he have been more obvious.

It hurt, I know he was stressing, especially with this, and everyone always relying on him, he had it hard, but I was always there to ease the stress for example taking care of Judith as much as possible so he didn't have to worry about keeping her quiet or keeping her happy.

My bad I was trying to be a good person and keep her quiet before she cried and attracted walkers or something.