| 6 |

I woke up to the feeling of a warm feeling across of my face. I lifted myself up from the ground and took a look at my surroundings, I was up in the tower, I looked down to find everyone asleep except Rick who was standing by the gate I had locked just the night before. I made my way down to where he was as I stood next to him.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked causing him to jump slightly "Sorry" I said right after.

"Well I was thinking maybe a small group of us could take out the walkers right here and after that we could maybe make our way towards the inside of that cell block" he said pointing towards the building with the letter 'C' written over it.

"Around what time?" I asked looking over to where everyone was sleeping

"I think as soon as possible would be best, so maybe once everyone starts waking up" He said holding on to the chains of the gate

"Hey," I began "Are you okay?" I asked curiosity rushing over me

"Yeah, fine" he answered looking to his feet

"Rick, I'm not stupid either, but I wont push it, just know if you need anything, I'm here." I said giving him a reassuring smile.

I turned around and noticed mostly everyone was up besides carl and Lori who were sleeping next to each other

"We stay close, make a tight circle, and take those out that get too close" Daryl said holding up his crossbow. We made a tight circle as he said to do and made our way towards the other side of the gate. We walked in and made the circle tighter than it already was. We walked in quick yet slow formation, we took those out that got close as the ones from the other side of the gate called some over and took them out there. When we cleared those that we could see, I made my way forward only to be found getting pulled back and onto a cement wall, I rose my head to see who it was to find it was Rick with a finger over his mouth. I peeked from the wall I was standing besides and saw there was a gate that was widely open and walkers in but not coming out of it. So that's where they came from.

Rick went forwards grabbing another hook to close the gate but found it too difficult according to the amount of walkers that seen him. I rushed over to him and attempted to close it but also found it too difficult, finally with the help of others we were able to close it

"That's a civilian right there, there maybe others that made there way here maybe from the back" Daryl said pointing towards a female walker that was growled at us as he held onto the gate with dear life.

"We'll worry about that later, up next, the cell block, " Rick began "We go in just as we did here, stay close" He said as we gathered up by the metal door, he slightly pushed the door open and walked in. Dead silence, the only noise to be heard were the footsteps of our feet pleading to rest. We walked into a bigger space where w were able to spread out more.

A whistle was heard from Daryl who was calling out to me, ' Find the keys ' he mouthed at me

I made my way up the stairs, once I had made my way there, I saw a man's lifeless body on a chair, I looked up to find blood splattered over the walls, it finally came to mind what had happened here, he opted out of life. I wouldn't blame him but I was no weak sissy, I would have to fight this life, right?

I looked over him an spotted the keys hooked onto his belt, I slowly unclipped them and made my way towards where everyone was, I quietly ran up to Rick and gave him the keys, he took them gratefully and put the key in and opened the cell doors successfully.

I went towards the opposite side of the cells doors and closed the other ones just to be safe and prevent from any walkers to come out of there

"So what about it?" Glenn asked Rick