| 25 |

I woke up as I rubbed my temples. My head was killing me and it felt as if I had slept only a couple of minutes maybe even an hour. I sat, slouched, on my bed and watched as a few people passed by. Maggie was one of them. I got worried, she wasn't supposed to be in here, was she sick?

"Maggie!" I coughed, yelling for her. She turned around and rushed over to me. Way to quick for a person that was sick. "Good you're up. We finally got the medicine. Here let me bring some for you." I nodded quickly as she left the cell.

How long had I been asleep, the sun was shinning roughly through the window and I mean Daryl and the rest got here already. Damn I must've been asleep for a while then.

She entered the cell once more, a cup in her hand and a clean packaged syringe. She broke a few pills and mixed it around with the others including water. She then added water and filled up the syringe and grabbing my hand softly.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked as she entered the needle into my arm. She looked up at me and spoke, "Well, Glenn said you fell asleep around one in the morning and it's around twelve in the afternoon. So I would say you slept a pretty long time." I nodded quickly.

She took the needle out after she had finished and began picking up all the stuff. I was happy, I was finally going to be able to talk and hug Rick. I know it had only been a day and a half maybe, but either way, it was too long for my comfort. She waved goodbye to me and exited the cell as she began walking towards the doorway.

I stood up slowly, pacing myself at a slow rate. I looked around and saw Hershel helping people out as well. I walked towards the cell which was across from mine and set my hand over his shoulder. He was holding a pump, in which pumps air into a persons lungs for them. I looked down and noticed it was Glenn, I looked at him confused. Jesus, what did I miss.

Hershel looked up to me. He looked tired, way too tired. I set my hands over his and spoke, "I'll take over. You go rest." He nodded as I took the pump out of his grip and sat down where he had been sitting.

I began pumping it at a average pace, careful not to do it too quickly. I closed my eyes slowly, enjoying the quietness.

I looked back towards Hershel who was exiting the cell block. I turned back around, pumping air and closing my eyes for relaxation.

*

It had been maybe four hours of pumping when I noticed Glenn began opening his eyes. I continued pumping but leaned in closer to take a look at him. "I can breathe on my own, I think." He whispered. I nodded slowly and began unplugging the pump from the wire that went down his throat.

After that I took the tube out slowly trying my best not to hurt him. After I took it out, he let out a long breath which was followed by an even deeper inhale. I laughed slightly at the way he was breathing.

I looked at him in shock. He looked at me in confusion as I began throwing my fist up in the air. "I'm not coughing anymore!" I yelled at him loudly, catching the attention of others. He shot me a smile as he began coughing into his arm.

My smile faded away as I noticed he was still sick. He continued smiling at me.

Suddenly the sound of a loud explosion was heard. He stood up quickly confused as well as I was. The explosion continued as people began screaming in terror. I walked towards the center of the cell block. "Everyone I need you to calm down right now! Okay, I am going to go check this out, if anything is happening I'll be sure to come back for all of you okay?" I spoke loudly, causing people to form a crowd in front of me.

Everyone mumbled words softly, I ignored them and walked quickly outwards. I quickly made it to Cell block C in which I ran through the cell in which I opened the door quickly and made my way towards the front. Everyone was standing by the gate. Everyone I knew well of course. I gave a confused look as I stared beyond them. A bunch of cars were formed in front of the prison. People held guns in front of them, Then there was a tank. Holy shit a tank.