36

It had been maybe a day after Beth, Noah, and me tried to escape through the elevator shaft, the one where the bodies get dumped in. Noah was a close friend of Beth, one she had made here, he became close to me too. Sadly only Noah was the one that had made it out.

It was too late for me and Beth to try and get out, we couldve, if we hadnt gotten tackled to the ground by the cops.

We went through pretty extreme measures just to get the key to the doors of the elevator shaft. Some like having to kill Gorman and taking his gun, Beth did that, I told her I could do it, but well she said I had done enough for her.

Dawn hit Beth and me. I told her to go hard on me and easier on Beth, and she did as told. I was pretty bruised up, my arms were practically purple and my face had cuts the size of The U nited States.

Dawn even went as far as breaking my left arm and not even helping me get it back to place.

Beth got maybe a few bruises on her arms but nothing major. I could move, but just not at a quick pace. Edward took good care of us as we tried healing, for example, sneaking in more food than we should have because we were some of his favorite patients.

I was laying on my bed with Beth at the end of the bed as we both read books. Suddenly we heard steps approach, Dawn appeared through the doorway.

"Rick, he got in contact with us through one of our officers, said he's willing to make a trade, you two, for my three officers. Get your shit ready, you're finally out of here." She said before walking out of the door.

I looked at Beth in shock as she quickly began jumping up and down on the bed, "Beth" I winced as I practically felt my bones scratch against each other. She apologized and said she'll be back with out clothes and everything we had before we got put into these scrubs.

She came back a few minutes later with plastic bags. Mine was bigger due to the cans and water bottles that I had that one day.

I stood up slowly and went to close the door so that we could change. After a couple mintes we were back into our normal clothes, and it felt great, especially being in my boots. Definetly better than those stupid converse that werent even my size.

"We're going home, we're going back to our family Beth." I said as I smiled hard. She pulled me into a soft hug. "I cant wait to see Maggie, I want to tell her how much I love her and missed her and how great she is and how daddy would've been so proud of us and especially her, she's my role model, I cant wait to see her Amy." Beth said as she hugged me again.

***

Two hours later we were standing in the middle of a hall and waiting for the arrival of Rick and the rest. There was distant chattering going behind us from the patients.

I was sitting in a wheelchair and Beth was standing, we were holding hands, she was shaking which just made me more nervous that something would go wrong because well, nothing ever goes right for us.

"Dawn, I want you to know, I'm not really pregnant." I smiled at myself. All I heard was a scoff come from her lips. I looked up to Beth who just smiled at me.

Suddenly we saw two officers coming through the doors with a group right behind them.

I smiled hard as I saw Rick. My eyes watered as I felt my heart start racing. "Where's the other officer?" Dawn asked clearly confused as if something wasn't going to work out. "Bit." the male officer said.

"One of mine for one of yours" Dawn said as I saw Rick nod. One of the officers took Beth from my grip and walked her at a slow pace towards Daryl who hugged her tightly.

"Now the other one." Dawn said as she pushed me in the wheelchair. Once we got halfway and the other officer was with Dawn, I stood up and felt myself getting pulled into a hug by Rick, tightly.

I was hurting, really bad, but at the moment I didn't care. I'd rather go through the pain than not be able to hug him at all. I looked up to him as he kissed me deeply.

After we pulled away, I nodded at Dawn as a somewhat thanks but also a fuck you, for everything.

We turned on our heels and began walking, Rick's arm over my shoulder.

"Now all I need is Noah. And then you can leave" I heard Dawn's voice tremble. I stopped in my tracks.

"That wasn't part of the deal." Rick said as he walked over to Dawn, everyone right behind him. "Noah was my ward. Those two helped him get out, so they took his spot, they're leaving so now I need him back. My officers put their lives on the line to find him, one of them died"

"He's not your bitch, let him the fuck go, he ain't staying." I said as I walked up to her, right next to Rick.

"He's one of mine, you have no claim on him." She defended herself. "And neither do you." I spat back. "He wants to go home, so you have no claim on him" Rick said in a husky voice.

"Well then we don't have a deal." Dawn said as she twisted her head.

"The deal is done." Rick said as he got closer to Dawn. I heard Noah saying it was okay and Rick yelling no out to him. It wasn't okay, I wasn't sure what him wanting to go home meant, but he for sure wasn't going to be staying.