45

We all exited our vehicles and waited for Aaron and Eric who got in front of us. It was going by slowly due to the fact that Eric's ankle was broken.

Once Eric was taken by somebody else, Aaron looked back at us. That was until we heard a noise and saw a trash can move that we all lifted up our guns. Daryl shot his arrow and saw as it went through a possum.

"We brought dinner." He said causing me to turn around and laugh a bit.

"It's okay, come one in guys." Aaron said as we were welcomed in.

We all had our guns ready in case anything were to happen but I honestly didn't believe that.

"Before this gets any further, we need you guys to turn in your weapons." The man who opened the door had spoken. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Stay, you hand them over." He finished.

"We dont know if we want to stay." Rick spoke as he carried Judith in one arm and his python in the other.

Aaron went on to tell 'Nicholas' that it was fine. As Rick also went on saying that if we were to do something, we wouldve started by now.

"Let them talk to Deanna" Aaron spoke out. "Whos Deanna?" Abraham was quick to say out loud.

"She kniws everything you'd want to know about this place. Rick why dont you start?" Aaron said to Rick.

Suddenly he turned around, facing me before speaking. "Amy." He said as he pointed with his head. I turned around to see a walker limping towards where we were.

I grabbed my gun, with it's silencer and shot quickly turning around. "It's a good thing we're here" Rick said as he began walking.

***

Rick was the one talking to Deanna at the moment, while the rest of us were walking around, looking at all the houses, and watching most of the kids.

I made my way, away from the group, towards a small lake, with a little perch built beside it. I sat down. Looking as the water moved along with the wind, in pure silence.

Of course that silence was broken as I heard someone begin speaking.

"The perch wasnt always here, we built it, hoping it would be a liking to someone, it wasnt. No one ever came towards it, you're probably the first one to actually seem to like it." The man spoke as he smiled.

"Spencer Monroe" He said as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. "Amy Hastings" I replied taking his hand into mine.

"You're part of the new group that just came in right?" He asked as he sat down next to me. "Yeah." I replied as I continued to stare at the water moving.

"It's good that yall are here." He broke the silence once more. "Oh really? Why's that?" I asked as I faced him. "It's better to be safe in here than to try and survive out there" He explained.

"Monroe you said?" I asked as I had just taken in his name.

"Yeah, my mom is Deanna." He explained as I realized it made sense now. "Well, I'm going to go see if your mom wants to talk to me now, I'll see you around yeah?" I asked.

"For sure." He said as he smiled, allowing me to stand up and make my way towards the house that Rick was in.

He was walking out and Deanna motioned for me to go in.

Her house seemed nice, it was clean and fancy looking. "You mind if I film this?" She asked as I looked at the books on her shelf. "Go ahead" I replied as I smiled at her. My eyes fluttered once I saw one of my favorite books. 'The Memory of Light'

"So I take it you're a fan of books?" She asked as I nodded my head quickly. "May I?" I asked, referring to being able to take the book out of the shelf.

She gave me a quick nod before sitting down and gesturing me to also do the same in the single couch in front of the camera.

"I was a congressperson. Ohio, 15th district. You?" She smiled at me as I sat down.

"Resident of surgery." I replied cooly. "Surgeon? There's another surgeon in this community as well. Any family?"

"Dead" I replied as I flipped through the pages of the book. "I'm sorry to hear that" She replied softly.

"How do ya'll manage to keep everthing in place here?" I asked as I looked out the window to see people walking by. "It's all about time and work. We make it work, with the time we have."

After a few chats, she thanked me for my time and told me that, that was all she needed.

Once I walked outside, she followed me towards where the entire group was. She informed us about having to turn in our weapons.

"They're still your guns. You can check them out whenever you go byond the wall. But inside here, we store them for safety." Deanna explained to us.

I walked over to the bin and set down my automatic gun and a small gun I had behind my shirt.

Once everyone put down their weapons, a lady wheeled out the cart, she laughed as she said how she probably should've brought another bin.

Soon Aaron brought Rick and I towards two houses, telling us they were ours for the group.

"Both of them?" I asked out loud in disbelief. "At your disposal." He chuckled.

"I'd call dibs on that one, has more curb appeal. Listen, I know you're still feelig us out, but I'm glad you came. Anyway, Deanna's ased everyone to give you your space so they arent all coming at you at once. Take your time, explore. You need anything you call me. Um, we dont have phones... I meant... I'm four houses down so. " He chuckled as he walked away, leaving a surprised me and Rick.

I told Aaron thank you before he left so we wouldnt seem so rude about everything they were doing for us.

I nodded to Rick who suggested we should check the houses from the inside. He propped open the door and next to the door was a table, picture frames piled up.

When we made our way closer inside, couches and blankets were there. Along with anything a normal person's house had.

Rick walked into the living room as I walked into the kitchen. I pushed the sink knob and watched as the water ran. I slowly put my fingers into the water, instantly cooling down as the fresh water hit my fingertips.

Rick informed me he was going to shower, and that I could too, in the other room.

I walked into the bathroom, he was nice enough to let me use the big restroom while he used the smaller one, I know that was only a way for him to be nice.

I turned the water on and stripped my clothes off and waited for the warm water to tune in. Once I felt it get hotter I stepp a foot into the shower and felt as The water hit my leg.