42

I wasn't sure where I was going. But I sure as hell wasn't going to go back. At least not until the sixty minutes were up. So that it wont be as awkward. I was walking down the main road as I noticed a small gas station.

Once I got there I took my knife out and quickly hit it against the window waiting for any walkers to pop up.

After a couple minutes 3 walkers snarled at me from the window. I opened the door and let them follow me further out before pushing one to the ground and jamming my knife into another. That gave me a chance to keep my foot over the one on the ground and put my knife through the other one.

Once it fell to the ground, I took my foot off of the last one and jammed my knife against its skull like the rest.

I knelt down and searched them for anything. The first one had a wallet, filled with dollar bills and an ID that read "Ian Carter" and an age of 34.

The other one carried a few bullets but nothing good. The last one carried a huge knife and a small gun at the back of his pants.

The knife seemed great and the gun was fully loaded. My lucky day.

I walked into the store with the gun and knife out. It was small and the sunlight was luckily shining right through the windows so it was pretty clear.

Lucky for me, again, the store seemed completely stocked. Almost. I picked up a black back pack that was on the floor and emptied the dirt that was in it.

I began filling it with a bunch of food along with water and other things that would be necessary. Once it was full I put it on my back and picked up another navy blue backpack and began filling that one up. I was sure there was a cart here somewhere. I looked at the last aisle where there was a  gray cart at the end of it.

I walked over to it and placed the backpack in there and began doing my shopping. There was luckily baby food and diapers for Judith along with some clothes. I obviously wasn't her mother but that didn't mean I couldn't feed her and clothe her.

The cart was practically full, I had literally emptied out the store, there was even knifes and the good kinds. As I walked down the aisle I felt myself get cut on my forehead, when I looked up I saw a loose wire hanging from the ceiling.

I was there for a while too, it felt like ages which probably meant I should head back to the barn where everyone was.

The station wasn't far from the barn it was literally just down the narrow street.

After a couple minutes I arrived and opened the door where I saw everyone point there guns at me. They put them down as they saw that it was just me.

"You had us worried." Maggie said as she walked over to me pulling in the cart. "Sorry, I was shopping." I said as I smiled.

"Are you okay? Anything happen? Rick asked as he walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

I quickly swooped it off, dodging it, "I found things for Judith, I'm not her mother, but I still should take are of her, like everyone else does right? Diapers, food, water, even knifes. I got it." I said to Rick and then to everyone else.

"What happened to you?" Rick asked as he put his thumb over the cut that was on my forehead.

"Nothing happened, could you back off now." I said sternly. I saw the hurt in his eyes but at the moment I didn't care. He hurt me too and I understood why he did but he shouldn't have.

Glenn gave me an 'Is everything okay?' look, but all I did was nod.

I was then informed about us going to the community that Aaron was talking about.

We were going to leave at sundown so Rick wanted us to eat and rest before we left. I walked outside to take a breath after I showed everyone the stuff I had found, Abraham and the rest found the RV, one Aaron was apparently talking about, which was stocked up with food as well so we were good. Great actually.

I leaned against the RV and took out the knife that I had found at the store from my boot. I picked at my finger with the needle. It was sharp, it could really do damage.

Suddenly I heard the door open and out came Rick, I scoffed and walked inside the RV to avoid him but instead he followed me right in.

"Amy--" He began.

"I heard you the first time, I'm not her mother, I never intended on being her mother, I could never be her mother, I get that, trust me, at first when I knew I liked you, I thought about her, and about Lori and how I was practically replacing her. I never intended on being that babies mother, so thank you for making me fucking feel hurt and insecure by the way you yelled at me." I yelled at him before pushing past him and walking out with tears in my eyes.

I was hoping for the tears to dry up by the time I reached the door but I could still feel and see them. Just like I felt the tiny pain in my chest for yelling at Rick.

When I walked in everyone turned their heads to me and all I could do was put my head down and walk to the end of the barn where the latter was to go upstairs.

I used them and made my way up there. I sat myself on a pile of hay and huffed, taking a breath.

I heard the sound of the latter creaking and I rolled my eyes hoping it wouldn't be Rick and luckily it wasn't, it was Glenn. Who had a small smile on his face. I knew he wanted to know what was wrong and I was bound to tell him if he asked.