| 17 |

It was the next day and Rick had told us all to meet him outside so we could speak. All of us. I don't know why we couldn't just speak inside but I guess outside was alright as well.

"Is that everyone?" He asked pretty much to anyone. "Seems like it." Daryl muttered from across the table, one that had been set there before. It was colder than usual. The breeze hit my face, making my hair fly back probably into Glenn's face. I looked his way as he smiled my way.

Hopefully, I wasn't hitting him. Everyone was here except Michonne. She had gone on a run early this morning, she had been gone for about two hours. I was going to go with her but clearly decided against it. I didn't want to go to any run really, if it wasn't with Rick, but he barely went to any so I mean this was great for me so far.

"I wanted to call you all here because I wanted to talk to you about what the governor and I had talked about," He began. " He told me some things, some I had no idea happened," He said as he stared towards me, I looked down disappointed. "But he did tell me there was a way, a way that we could end all of this. To both look different ways and let the past be past. He told me that if I handed Michonne over, we wouldn't have any more fights." He finished. Some muffled, wondering whether he was going to do it or not.

"I was going to do it. I was, but I don't get to decide if you live or die. I don't get to decide your fate. So I'm not going to anymore. While doing this, we have a higher risk of having to go through a fight. He'll be waiting for us at the same place I met him yesterday, if I don't go, we will have war, but whether you live or you die, it isn't up to me, I'm not your governor." He said before walking away into the prison, leaving the rest to wonder.

I thought it was amazing that he wasn't giving Michonne up. She was a really fun person, either way, it still wasn't up to him. Now he has cleared that up to the rest of us.

I stood up and made my way towards where he had entered into the prison. He was picking Judith up from her crib. "You did good." I told him. "I know. I just, wanted this all over. I didn't want anyone to die." He said as he caressed Judith's head, comforting her.

"No one has, that's all thanks to you." I said attempting to cheer him up.

The door from outside had opened and in came Michonne. It seemed like such a short run she had made. Good thing we were all done speaking about the situation. I looked over to Rick wondering when he was going to tell her. "I'll tell her soon." was all he said before he handed me Judith and made his way outside. I was confused at the moment, but decided not to push it.

She nodded my way as she began to make her way into the tombs, God knows where she was going. I continued slightly moving Judith up and down to slowly stop her from wanting to cry.

*

A couple hours later

*

I was sitting with Beth outside, as we saw Maggie come and join us. We had been talking about our life before all of this.

"Hey Maggie." I said to her as she came and sat down next to us. She stayed quiet, looking impatient.

"Maggie is everything alright?" Beth asked her. Maggie smiled uncontrollably as she slammed her hand down on the metal table before us.

We gave confused looks as we quickly looked at her hand. Her finger to be precise. A ring lay on it. A beautiful one too. It was an engagement ring. I was confused at first, until it finally hit me.

"No way!" I screamed. Beth just sat there, mouth wide open. We embraced her into a hug as we congratulated her. "Oh lord, congratulations!" We yelled at her. This was amazing. We sat there having the best conversations about it. We sounded like seven year old girls, jealous of the fact that our friend had gotten a new doll, which in this case was Maggie getting proposed to.

She told us every detail as we listened in awe. Suddenly Rick appeared, running to be specific.

"Have any of you seen Michonne?" He asked placing his hand above his gun. We shook our heads as he began rushing back to where he had came from. I rushed behind him, worried as to why he was in such a rush to find her.

He stopped next to Daryl as I arrived next to him. He asked him the same thing and Daryl shook his head as well as he stood next to his motorcycle.

"Hey, is everything fine." I asked him, comforting his pace. "No, I don't know where she's at." He said. "Last time I saw her she was heading into the hallway that leads towards the tombs." I said in hopes that it would ease his worriedness.

"That hallway leads to where Merle is always at." Daryl said. Making us in an instant shoot our heads up. He was there when Rick told the rest about the entire Michonne thing. "Do you think he could've..?" I asked. "Maybe he wanted to try and finish this all." Rick said before he began walking quickly with me and Daryl rushing right behind, into where Merle always stayed in.

We made it to where he usually was in, only to find that he wasn't here. "His gun's not here." Daryl said. "Beth said she hasn't seen her at all. No one has." I told them. "He took her didn't he. Shit." I said.

They shot their heads towards me. I gave a confused look. "You just...cursed..." Rick said as Daryl nodded his head. "Oh boohoo we all do." I said as I hurried them to stay focused.

We talked about what we were going to try and do. Daryl said he would go look for them where Rick and the governor discussed things. All we could do at the moment was wait and see if they would return.

This was low of Merle too. Let's not forget that I chose to forget the entire Woodbury situation. I chose to forget so he could be with his brother. I don't know why he would try and do this. I honestly thought he had changed, due to the fact that he was getting along with everyone from the prison, even Hershel who by the way felt like he had such anger towards the guy.

We exited Merle's little room and allowed Daryl to hurry and find them to bring them back. I stayed with Rick wondering what he was going to do next since I was bored. "So what do you want to do?" I asked him. "Since when do you cuss?" Was all he asked me, changing the tables around. "Oh my gosh, Rick we all cuss, I just... started to cuss now." I said as I sent him a smile.

"I don't know, it just sounded so different coming from your mouth" He said as we made our way outside. Daryl was already leaving, heading towards the gate. "Are you saying it doesn't sound good when I cuss?" I laughed. "No, it sounds alright, it's just new territory." He explained.

I stood in front of him, kissing him softly. I wasn't sure where that had came from but it felt as if I wasn't going to see him again if Daryl did stop Merle. Slowly backing away, he asked, "What was that for?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Okay, fine I just wont kiss you whenever." I said as I pretended to be mad, turning around and having my back face him.

"No, no. I like it." He said as he turned me around and caught me off guard as he kissed me slow and unexpected. "Get a room you two." We heard Carl's voice from under us say. We stopped and looked at each other scared, like Carl was going to judge me or get mad.

Carl laughed and continued walking away. I laughed as he laughed with me embracing me into a hug, my head right over his chest where I was able to hear his heart beat. He kissed my head softly before pulling away. I smiled at him as I stood on my tip-toes and kissed his cheek.

We were being so relationshipy, I don't know, I liked it so much. "If you see them return, call for me okay?" He said. I nodded innocently and felt him lightly grab my waist as he passed me and went on with his day.

I went back to where I was Beth and Maggie. Hoping for the arrival of Daryl and Michonne. jdwco