| 15 |

After what seemed like forever of driving, Rick had told us we were almost there. It was silent in the car. It almost felt awkward but there was no reason for it being.

We had been driving on a single road for a while now. Suddenly we had noticed a man walking on the road, orange backpack hanging on his back. He looked dirty and tired from his journey.

"Hey! Stop the car! Hey!" The man yelled. I looked over to Rick who just sped past him. I looked back noticing the man attempting to catch up to us. His voice faded away. I looked back to Carl who gave me an 'I don't know' sort of look.

I sat back up in confusion but said nothing, just stared straight at the road. After a while we exited the road and entered a small town.

We went around the cars but had to stop as there were too many things scattered around the grass which is where we were. He stopped the vehicle and nodded towards me. I got out of the vehicle and began moving the stuff around so that he could move around. As he attempted, all that was heard was the screeching of the car. The squishing sound was heard from the other side of the car. I walked towards that side and noticed that the car had been stuck into some mud.

He exited the car as well as Carl. "Try and find a sheet or a long shirt, something to go under the wheel." He said as he examined the tire. I looked around in the bags and found a long sheet. I handed it to him as him and Carl placed it under the tire. He nodded towards me as I went and sat in the front seat and drove forward slightly.

"Hey! Wait! Don't leave!" I heard from a distance. I exited the car and looked at the road. The same man was running towards our car. Rick got into the driver's seat as I got into the passengers, Carl obviously in the back seat. Rick drove forward without a word being said.

The man that had been running our way, suddenly stopped and gave up.

We passed walls with writings on it. Soon Rick stopped the car as he began exiting the vehicle. Carl and I followed behind towards the trunk as we picked up a knife each and placed it into our holsters.

We began walking further and further until we noticed something out of the ordinary. "What the..." I muttered. Before us were traps of most kinds. Specifically for walkers. Sticks stuck out of cages with either birds or rats in them.

A walker was stuck through one of the sticks attempting to grab the small rat that was running around the cage. It saw us and growled our way in attempt to try and get to us, clearly failing. We walked passed it and headed towards the doorway of a small building.

I still wasn't sure what it was that we were looking for but whatever it was i hoped we found it quickly.

Rick passed through the small pathway first. It was too small for us to go at the same time due to all the traps surrounding us.

Suddenly the sound of gunshots were heard very closely. Having us duck down and exit the small space slowly. I hid behind a car next to Carl. We looked up as we saw a man in a mask as he held a gun towards us. Quickly me and Carl began shooting him making him disappear. I stood up quickly and looked around for Rick, he had been hiding behind a car as well, pointing his gun upwards.

I nodded towards him as I made my way around the back of the building and began climbing the stairs. I held my gun out but there was no sign of the man up here. I walked towards the edge of the building and searched for Rick. I shook my head towards him.

All of the sudden Rick was tackled to the ground by the man. I pointed my gun downwards towards the guy but was beat by Carl who had shot the guy in the shoulder, making fall to the go ground.