| 18 |

It had been maybe two hours since I noticed someone rushing through the gates. I stood up from where I was and noticed Michonne running, slashing heads off walkers on her way.

I sprinted quickly to where she was, pretty much confused. She was no where near Daryl, in fact, he wasn't in sight. "Woah what happened?" I asked quickly as I opened up the gate for her. She was barely making her way through the first gate when she slowed her pace and instead began jogging due to the fact that there were no walkers in the field.

"He let me go." She said as she held her gut in tiredness. "Wait, what?" I asked confused. Clearly I knew what she said, I didn't need it repeated, but it just seemed so unreal that Merle would do that. "Wait, Daryl's out looking for you and where is Merle why isn't he with you?" I asked. "I saw him on my way back and Merle he said he would go and try and finish this off all by himself." She said.

I turned around rushed towards the inside of the prison, I rushed into Rick's cell only to find him shirtless and putting on a shirt.

"Woah, um, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to um ah I'll wait outside." I said as I turned around. Oh Jesus how embarrassing.

"Amy, it's fine." He chuckled. I don't know why I was scared or shy to see him, I mean we were together right? It was absolutely normal. I walked back in with my eyes glued to the ground.

"Michonne is here. Merle let her go and he's trying to um fight the governor alone, he probably already is. Daryl is already looking for him" I said as I looked up and found him already dressed. He looked at me as if I were crazy and ran outside, me following right behind.

He was already talking to Michonne while I was still getting out of the prison. He nodded continuously and came my way. "We aren't sure if Merle is already trying to fight him so we're going to barricade this place, make it look as if we already left but really were just going to be hiding, we'll hit them when they least expect it. You will be going with Hershel, Carl, Judith and, Beth out to the forest where I'm sure they wont see ya'll." He said blankly . "What? No I'm going to help when he does come." I argued. "Hey, I'm not risking it. You're going over there with them, it's for your safety." He said. "I can take care of myself, I'm staying." I said before walking off. I know it was rude of me to say that. I know all he wanted was to keep me safe.

"I'm sorry, I know you just want to keep me safe but I will be. If it makes you feel any better, I'll stick with Maggie the entire time." I said as I kissed him quickly and rushed out before he could argue back.

I smiled to myself, I loved the way he cared so much for me. I don't think I ever had anyone care for me that way. Of course my family but Rick was different.

*

It had been a while since we started barricading the small bridge here with wooden sticks and more. Glenn and me at the moment were putting a spike bar at the entrance of the first gate so that when they came or if they came they would hit the spikes first.

Suddenly we heard the familiar roar of a motorcycle appear. I looked up to Glenn and back up to the road where we noticed Daryl appear. Merle wasn't with him which worried me. We picked up the bar again and let him pass as he stopped his bike and got off making his way towards us.

"Hey where's Merle?" Glenn asked. Daryl didn't answer though, instead he looked at the ground, sadness in his eyes. I know what happened.

"I'm so sorry." I said to Daryl. I hugged him tightly. I know he wasn't a hugging type of person but I know he needed one anyway. His feet shuffled through the dirt as I pulled away. "When I found him, he was already..." He said.

"I'm sorry." Glenn said. Daryl made his way back to his motorcycle and hopped back on and drove into the prison. I looked over to Glenn who had a blank expression. I wouldn't lie I probably did too.