46

I had probably been in the shower for ten minutes without actually doing anything. I was just satnding there. Finally I decided to actually clean myself, so I reached out for the shampoo. I opened the bottle and the instant smell of strawberries hit me. I smiled and poured some in my hand.

I scrached my head along with the shampoo to really get in there. I looked at the ground as I saw the blood going down the drain, the blood that had been in my hair for God knows how long. Along with the blood from the walker's head I smashed agaisnt the rock last night.

I grabbed the hair conditioner and placed it from the top of my head to the bottom. I instantly felt it get back to it's smoothness. I grabbed the bar of soap and began putting it all around my body, I grabbed the sponge in there and began scrubbing my body somewhat roughly.

As I looked to the ground, I could the see the dirt going into the drain. I hadnt been clean in a long time, so it felt amazing.

After what felt like forever, I turned the water off and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around my head, as I grabbed the other white towel and wrapped it around my body.

Deanna had informed us that there were clean clothes for us that we might like, so I rushed myself to a room before getting caught of being in a towel and locked the door.

I walked over to the bed and saw the many piles of clothes laying on the bed. I picked up some black skinny jeans and a white tight tank top. I put a red and black flannel over it and picked up some thick socks.

As I put them on, I instantly felt releived and calm, even clean socks made me happy. I loved everything about this place.

I walked over to the mirror and grabbed a brush that was there, I began brushing my hair. It wasnt as tangly because I brushed through it with my finger while I was in the shower to make it easier for me.

Once my hair was fully brushed, I could see it getting dry already. My hair always gets dry quickly which I loved because I hated having my hair wet, it added extra weight for me to carry around.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I seemed like a totally different person. My face was more clear. I wasnt dirty, I was clean, I was Amy Hastings again.

I walked back to the restroom where I picked up a pink toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it before slamming it against my teeth and begin scrubbing.

After what felt like years, I stopped and noticed how my teeth definitely looked whiter. I continued brushing anyway. I could feel them still being dirty. I hated always have to be dirty, it wasn't an option, but now these people have showers and electricity and all this stuff, if I could be clean, I would.

I walked back into the biggest room where I laid on the bed. My back instantly felt pain, but a good pain, I guess it was because I hadnt felt a bed in ages. An actual bed. Not a cot from a prison, nor a hospital bed, but an actual home bed, and it felt amazing.

Before I knew it, my eyes were being closed and I fell into a deep slumber.

***

I woke up scared, until I recapped everything that had happened which then calmed me down. Something told me I would have to get used to this place in order for me to stop waking up that way.

When I looked outside, I saw the dark had now taken over the sky.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw how my hair was curly, super curly. I forgot what my natural hair even looked like until I saw it again, it was totally different from my usual greasy, nappy, and tangled hair. I quickly walked over to the bed and sat down and put my boots on before standing in front of the mirror once more.

I looked different from even before my nap. I made my way to the door, opening it, where I heard people moving downstairs. As I made my way downstairs. Once I reached the step where everyone could see me, the first person I saw was Glenn, who was moving the pillows of the couch around.

"Amy? Is that even you?" He asked out loud, catching the attention of others who made their eyes towards me.

I giggled a bit before I saw the others smile. I made my eyes towards the room until I locked eyes with Rick. Rick, he who had a new haircut and no beard. Something new.

"You look nice." He said as he approached me. "You too." I whispered at him. Luckily no one was staring. "Your hair--" He began before I interrupted him.

"Yup, it's my natural hair, I, too, forgot I had good hair before this." I giggled as I smiled at him. I missed that, being able to laugh with him. It felt right, but for some reason, I remembered what he had told me, suddenly my smile faded and I walked away, sitting down by the door.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, causing us all to stand up, I put my hand over my side where I thought I would find my gun, only to grunt and hold my knife instead.

Rick opened the door as Deanna came in. " Rick I--" She cut herself short as she took a glance at Rick's new face.

"Wow." She said as he grunted, something told me he was getting that a lot lately. "I didnt know what was under there. Listen, I dont mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling." She said as she looked around the room.

She saw everyone and stopped her eyes on me. "Woah. Amy you too, look different." She said as she smiled. "I could see now why Spencer likes you." She said which caused me to nod. This also causing Rick to look at me with a serious face. A hint of hurt in his eyes.

I looked at him and looked away quickly, I know people behind me were probably going to be thinking things but nothing I said would probably help so instead I kept my mouth shut.

"Staying together. Smart." Deanna continued along. "No one said we couldn't." Rick said, causing me to look up at him. He was looking at me, which just like before, made me look instead at Deanna.

"You said you're a family, that's what you said. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Dont you think?" She spoke as she looked around to everyone once more.

"Everybody said you gave them jobs." Rick began. "Yeah, part of this place." She replied. I furrowed my eyebrows. I guess I missed it when I was asleep.

"Well you didnt give me one." Rick informed her. She followed on saying she has but she just hasnt told him yet.

"Amy, I have something for you too, I'll have Spencer tell you tomorrow. Michonne I have something for you too, I just haven't told you yet either. I'm closing in on something for Sasha, and I'm just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out, but I will. You look good." She went on until she exited the house and went on her way.

I went and made my way towards Maggie who gave me a look, clearly confused about the entire Spencer thing. I whispered to her, telling her I'd explain everything later as she nodded.

Soon we were all on the floor. Sleeping. Even if I had just taken a really long nap, that didnt stop me from sleeping.

I just wanted to see what tomorrow would bring to the table. And with that, I fell, again, into deep sleep.