43

"Hey, everything good?" Glenn asked while sitting himself down next to me. "Yeah" I said as I looked down. "I've known you for a while now. I know when you lie, and I for sure know if something is wrong, if you dont want to talk about it, we dont have to, but I'm here." He said as he patted my back and stood up to leave

"He told me I wasn't Judith's mom, so that I should stop acting like I was. I didn't know I was acting in the first place. I felt like I took care of her, just like everyone else did." I said as he stopped in his tracks and sat back down, informing him that I wanted him to know.

"I never thought of you as her mother, we all knew Lori, you weren't her. You are better, maybe he was just stressed when he said that." Glenn suggested.

"He was. All I was trying to do was pick her up from his arms so he wouldn't be thinking of too much while holding her. My bad for trying to help." I shrugged my shoulders highly.

"I didn't mean to bore you, we can go back down now." I offered. He nodded his head and helped me up before letting me be the first to go down the latter.

***

A few hours later, it was finally dark and Rick said that maybe it was time for us to go. I rode with Glenn, Michonne, Aaron, and Rick. I asked Glenn if I could go in the other RV but apparently it was full and there was no tie to switch with someone, not if we wanted to get there as soon as possible.

As we drove, I was in the back seat with Michonne and Aaron while Glenn drove and Rick sat passenger's seat. He opened up the glove compartment and inside were car plates.

"I'm trying to get all fifty states. Put them up in a wall in my house." He explained as a smile grew on his face. "You have your own house?" I asked aloud.

"Yea" He replied with a friendly smirk on his face. "Sweet." I replied looking at my hands which held the knife I found earlier.

"Yeah well don't get you're hopes up just yet." Rick said as he continued looking forward. "Yeah, I guess I've done that one too many times huh?" I scoffed aloud.

Glenn looked back at me through the mirror with a nod.

"Everyone has their own house?" Michonne asked. I could tell me and her were pretty much the only ones hyped about seeing this place and what it could offer us and what we could offer them.

"See for yourself." Aaron said as he pointed with his eyes to his backpack. She was quick to grab it and open the envelope and look through the photos in disbelief.

Suddenly she hurried through the photos as she brought them up towards him, " Why don't you have any pictures of your people?" I stared at him blankly as my heart began racing quickly.

"Oh, I took a picture of the whole group but I didn't get the exposure right. When I tried to develop it later, it just--" He was cut off short by Michonne asking Rick if he had asked Aaron thr questions. The ones we always ask someone.

Rick replied with a simple no.

"How many walkers have you killed?" She began as her breathing got deeper and deeper by the second.

After him asking what, he replied with "I don't know, a lot"

"How many people?"

"Two" Aaron replied with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Why?"

"Because they tried to kill me." He replied as he looked at her.

Suddenly Rick brought out something from under his seat. It was used to listen to something from far away. "You were listening to us?" Glenn asked as he looked back quickly and went back to looking at the road.

"I already said I was watching you, yes I was listening." He was cut off, again, by Rick suggesting his people could have one too.

At this point, I was actually seeing why Rick thought bad of this guy, his stories were planned, and always had a back up plan. Like he did this often.

"They could've heard our plan. This isn't safe." Rick said when all of a sudden Glenn crashed against a walker followed by more and more coming right at the car. He continued hitting them.

"Glenn!" Michonne yelled as she noticed him continue hitting the walkers. I knew why he was doing it too.

"They were right behind us, they could've hit us, now they can get out" I explained out loud.

They windshield was completely red due to all of the blood splattered on it, and as I looked out the window I could see the walkers chasing after us while at other moment, walker bodies would fly by.

When it seemed like we had finished hitting many walkers, Glenn swerved the car quickly, making my stomach turn at the rotten smell making it's way inside the car.

We all got out quickly as I was the first to look back at the road. "No head lights. They weren't behind us anymore." I informed them

"They got away, all right we'll circle back and find them, let's go." Rick said as we rushed quickly back to the car.

Rick told Glenn which road to take as he turned the key but all we heard was the car engine try and try without actually turning on.

"Come on"

Michonne quickly got out and went towards the front, trying to see what she could fix.

All of the sudden we saw a flare go into the sky. "Shit." Aaron said from next to me.

"Who did that?" Rick asked.

"I need to leave, I need to get out, this is over. I need to get out of here, let me out." Aaron said as he attempted opening the door. 

As Michonne came through the door, Aaron kicked it, knocking her off her feet. Rick wanted to leave him but Michonne and I reasoned with how we were sure our people saw it too and thought we fired it.

We all went through the woods and somehow got surrounded by walkers. I took my knife out and gun and quickly began shooting. I walked over to a walker and quickly jammed my knife into his skull.

I felt myself getting pushed deeper into the woods as I continued shooting. I could hear Rick yelling out for me but at the moment I was too busy trying to save myself then worry.

I shot my gun over and over again hitting every walker that crossed itself in front of me. Just when I had thought I finished, I felt myself get pulled down to the ground and the familiar sound of growls hit my ears.

The walker snarled at me and I quickly hit its head against a rock having blood splatter all over my face. I closed my eyes and opened them quickly and stood up.

I wiped my face and continued walking towards where I thought I would find them again.

I came across Aaron fighting a walker and just as I was about to leave, I couldn't. Cause I knew that would be the same thing as killing him and he hadn't exactly done anything worth killing him.