32

"Earlier, were you watching us?" Rick asked as he followed right behind Gabriel's path.

"I keep to myself, nowadays, people are just as dangerous as the dead, don't you think?" Gabriel replied with a hint of laughter in his voice. "No, people are worse." I said as I smiled towards him.

"Well, no I haven't been watching you, I haven't been beyond the stream near my church more than a few times since it all started, that was the furthest I've gone before today"

"Or maybe I'm lying, maybe there is no church at all and maybe I'm leading you into a pit of lies so I can steal all your squirrels." He said as we began stopping.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he turned around with a smile on his face slowly fading away, "Members of my flock had often told me that my sense of humor leaves much to be desired." He explained as we continued walking.

Shortly after his church came into view as we walked up towards it, Rick was the first to speak up, "Hold up, can we take a look around first? We just wanna hold onto our squirrels." He smiled to him as Gabriel handed him the keys.

I decided to stay outside, due to the fact that I didn't like to disrespect God's home by bringing in guns as if it were just an ordinary home.

Most ran in guns in the air ready to shoot for any strangers or enemies.

"Is it just you?" I asked Gabriel as he stood awkwardly by the steps of his church. "Yes, my church is pretty far from anything really, I did get many people daily though." He explained. "I haven't seen a church in the longest, I missed the feeling of it." I said as I looked up it.

"You believe in God?" He asked amazed, "More than you can believe, God is like my bestfriend." I smiled.

Soon after Rick whistled and came outside, handing Gabriel his keys.

"There's a bus short from here, Father says he doesn't want it, doesn't run but I'm sure we can fix it up in a day or two. Looks like we've found ourselves some transport." Abraham explained as he smiled, whipping the sweat of his forehead.

I walked up the steps and made my way behind Gabriel, Rick walked around and in front of us, "How did you survive here for so long? Where did your supplies come from?" He gripped onto Judith harder.

"Luck, our annual can food drive, things fell apart right after we finished it, it was just me. It last a pretty long time, I've cleaned out every place nearby, except one." He said looking at us.

"What stopped you from clearing that one?" I asked quietly.

"Its overrun. Maybe by a dozen or more." He explained.

"We can handle it" I smiled. Sasha and Bob pitched in on going as well. "I'll draw you a map." Gabriel said as he began walking over towards his table. "You don't need to, you're coming with us." Rick explained as I rolled my eyes at how harsh he was being towards him.

After a while we all began to get ready to go towards the place Gabriel had spoken about, I was outside alone, waiting for Rick to get everyone ready to leave. The door opened and out he came.

"Hey" I smiled towards him as he nodded at me. "What's wrong?" I asked as he looked at me differently. "Why do you trust this guy so much? So he has a small church and cant protect himself from a few walkers, that makes him nice and trustworthy?" He asked as he leaned over the fence with me.

"I trust him because not everyone is bad, because he's showed us his love for God is beyond anything, and he's a priest, priest especially don't do bad things." I smiled.

"Any guy can just dress as a priest and pretend that he's good" He smirked. "Yeah, well let's hope he's not one of those." I smiled and began walking away before he grabbed my arm and pulled me close to his chest.

He grabbed my face harshly and connected our lips roughly. "Rick...we're in front of a church, we cant." I said between breaths.

"Good thing we're about to leave" He said as he pushed me forward to lead me towards where I was going. I felt a quick and hard slap on my butt, causing me to turn around and gasp as he smiled.

I walked into the church, pleading for forgiveness of God for the things on my mind at the moment.